NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:54 am

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:58 am

Jaq, not having a lot else to do, watches Lurn join the line in the distance and eventually make his way to the walking gate. He also notices a bit of a commotion shortly after Lurn gets there and the other guard moving quickly towards the walking gate.

((I am not sure if Lurn changed back into his big blue form but if he did Jaq would have noticed that as well.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:01 am

Per: 1D20 = [2] = 2
Joe sees nothing wrong.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:05 am

Joe is on the wrong side of a cart to see anything to do with Lurn. She does notice one of the horses is a bit gassy.

((She also has a parrot, but it will receive attention.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:06 am

(She has no reason to summon him yet.)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:42 am

"Thanks, but I think I've had about enough of being in the wagon! I'm going to stretch my legs a bit. I appreciate the help today though. If the guard are stabbing shit wagons, they're already looking for something, so I'm glad to be out of Stenrek and safe."

Ves will let the guy head off to wherever he's going and then look around for a horse trough or rain water barrel where she can wash the worst of the muck off her coat and hair.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:48 am

"Hey, Joe, come here!"
Once she is over on his side of the cart he points, "Looks like Lurn is having trouble at the gate."

Thinking a moment he asks, "Maybe a distraction can help him out...or it might just make things worse. What do you think?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:52 am

Joe looks at where Jaq is pointing.

Per: 1D20 = [20] = 20

"Look like they'd be lookin' fer us. Dinnae worry Ah'll get a distract'n." Joe summons Ruby. "Ruby, this maybe tha last time Ah see ya in a while but yer miss'n is very import'nt. Ah want ye ta be on tha defens've n dodgin while ye fly near tha guards. Ah want ye ta yell '"Guards attack tha saviours'" ov'r n over again, as loud as ye can. Try ta keep out of thar range if ye can." Joe releases Ruby and she looks at Jaq "Ah'm goin ta link up with 'im so Ah can see what be goin on. Make sure Ah dinnae fall off."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:18 am

((Okay, as with before the mimic ability is more limited than what you've planned... However, give me an intelligence roll for Ruby and I will let you know what Ruby is capable of with split second instructions. Flat d20 and I will apply the stats for a raven.))

Joe sees everything Jaq did.

----
The old man climbs up onto the wagon and shakes the reins. He gives Ves a nod as he trundles off.

As she approaches the buildings she can see that they appear to be built around a well. The well has a bucket resting beside it. Further on she sees a barn which would likely have a trough. As she enters the area by the well she hears a child's voice,

"You been playing in the cow poop?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:02 am

"Hah! No, but I did slip and fall in some poop. It's pretty stinky!"

Ves will head towards the barn looking for somewhere to wash her coat without poisoning the town with poop water. The middle of town feels a bit conspicuous for washing clothes.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:39 am

((Town would be generous, think 6-7 small houses and a barn.))

The little boy follows Ves.

"What you gonna do in the barn? You wanna talk to my ma?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:17 pm

"...Sure, I'll talk to your ma. I need to wash the poop off my clothes though. I don't like being stinky!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:49 pm

(That's another reason why Joe wants to see what he does, so she can give mental instructions easier)
Int: 1D20 = [10] = 10

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:42 pm

The kid runs ahead of Ves towards and yells,

"MA THERE IS A LADY COVERED IN POO! SHE WANTS TO TALK TO YOU!"

A tired looking woman sticks her head of the barn and appears about to say something when she sees Ves. She clears her throat and exits the barn.

"Can I help you?"
---
Ruby takes to the air and Joe links up and Ruby starts flying towards the first guards he identifies, the four (plus two soldiers) by the large gate and starts trying to say, "Guards attack tha saviours!" Unfortunately this is a bit more than his bird brain can fully handle on the fly, even with coaching, and it sounds more like, "Gords tackasavor!" The red bird does immediately attract the attention of the guards and a large portion of the bored line of wagons and people. The guards continue to watch the parrot fly around them, generally with looks of confusion on their faces. Ruby spots the other guards by the walking gate and zooms toward them repeating the mangled phrase. The guard walking up the line stops and looks up at the bird in confusion and the guard in front of Lurn looks around him at the parrot.

"What in the...?"

There is some chuckling from the various people waiting in the lines. After about a minute of this the guards by the main gate go back to checking wagons and the guard walking up the line continues towards Lurn. The guard in front of Lurn also returns his focus to Lurn.

((The guard was distracted so if Lurn wants to do something with that he can, should Lurn try to push past him that would definitely un-distract him. How long do you plan on bothering the guards Burns?))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:23 pm

"Um, yes, maybe. I had a run-in with a rather large pile of manure and was hoping I could wash it off somewhere. It's all down my back..."

She turns a bit to show off the state of herself.

"Rainwater or something'd be fine if you've got catchers out."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:37 pm

(Until Lurn gets out or Ruby dies)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:22 pm

Sleight of hand to get off Guidance unnoticed:
Lurn Sleight of Hand: 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18

"Sir, I move in disguise because that is the way of my people. You should be aware of the way common folk react to giant kin. The last town where my true form was seen chased me out, yelling that I was an ogre or troll. I have little want to experience that again."

Lurn Persuasion + Guidance: 1D20+3+1D4 = [4]+3+[1] = 8

((Aaand that's why I kept being so reluctant to use Guidance. Just one roll too many. >.>
Also, who'd have thought my one character who isn't a talky one would have to try to do the talky thing? :p ))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:49 am

The woman looks at Ves and nods in understanding but then spots the bloody puncture mark on her leg and the stain around it.

She says to her son,

"Lon, go ring the bell." The kid hesitates but she repeats herself.

"Best you keep moving. We don't want any trouble here."
---
Several of the people behind Lurn roll their eyes but the guard is, unbelievably, buying what Lurn is selling.

Prefect Guard insight: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6

"Yes, your kind should get more respect from the other races. Please drop the illusion so I may confirm that you are in fact a Firbolg and you may proceed on your way."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:55 am

Lurn nods, "I do hope this won't cause any upset with the surrounding people." Lurn releases the illusion.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:29 am

The guard looks at the now taller and wider person in front of him. A few people in line mutter and there is some pointing. Both Joe and Jaq see the change.

The guard says, "I need to just confirm." and his pushes on Lurns shoulders and sides to ensure it isn't another illusion. Satisfied the guard says, "Move through."

He moves to the side and waves Lurn through and gestures for the next person in line.

Ruby presumably stops and lands on the edge of the wall.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:52 am

Lurn gives the guard a nod, starting through the gateway, "Have a good day, sir."

Once he's past the gate, Lurn will keep walking along the road, continuing until he either meets Ves or is beyond sight of the walls.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:57 am

Jaq and Joe watch as Lurn disappears through the walking gate, wondering how he managed to get through.

((Unless you two want to do something before you get to the gate checkpoint I can fast forward to that.))
---
A warm breeze meets Lurn on the otherside of the wall and he walks north along the road, keeping his eyes open for Ves.

(The area around Stenrek is mostly fields and since this is early summer most are green and vibrant.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:59 am

Though he'll keep walking, it is a very pleasant walk for the firbolg.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:50 am

"Trouble? What are you talking about?"

((Jeez this woman is leaping to conclusions fast! Just FYI, Ves wears fairly conservative traveling clothes. She's undoubtedly cut herself, but it's not like it should be super obvious who did it or why, right?))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:09 am

((Nope, she has some other experiences that have impacted her reactions that are beyond Ves knowing. Also her perception was probably not enough to spot the blood though if Ves is wearing leathers. Hm. Give me a persuasion roll,))
Last edited by Rodgeir on Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.