Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:14 am

On waking, Lurn casts an eye about the room as he pulls himself from the remnants of sleep, then heads downstairs to see about breakfast. If it's available, he's go through his daily rituals (Purify Food And Drink), then eat.

((Yes, I'm keeping Purify Food and Drink. I'm gonna make this his morning ritual even if he cooks breakfast himself. Why? Because flavour RP. :p))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:18 am

Kroshav rolls out of his bunk, tidies his sheets and gathers his belongings before heading downstairs.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:34 am

Everyone, excluding Jolly, rises around the same time and does their morning preparations. Lurn, and the others that are awake notice the other person that was there before them also doesn't seem to have risen yet, or show any signs of planning to get up soon. Ves decides she wants to try on the new boots. She gives them one last look before sliding them on. Sitting on her cot she waits for something to happen and immediately sees a very nice looking cloak sticking out of Joe's pack, oh and that ring Jaq is wearing, she could make an amazing dress from dragonborn scales..., but other than noticing that they fit her perfectly, nothing happens. Shrugging she heads downstairs with the others.

As they head down the stairs the sounds of talking and eating get louder and the find the common area to be nearly filled with people, most adult men and women, sitting, eating and laughing. They are all wearing rough looking but sturdy looking clothes and more than one has an axe near to them. A few look up at the new comers but after a cursory inspection they return to what they were doing. No one is sitting at the desk this morning but the tiefling woman come out of the kitchen followed by the girl that led them to the boarding house and another younger boy. All are laden with bowls and loaves of bread. They move with the practiced grace that comes from having dodged legs, elbows and chairs many mornings in the past and nary a drop of whatever is in the bowl gets spilled as they are placed on tables. Heading back the tiefling woman gives you a strained smile,

"Hope you slept well, as you can see we don't have much space to sit. The morning cutting crew will head out in a half hour and then the place calms down. If you can find a seat we'll bring the food out to you, unless you want to eat standing?"

The pair with her head back through the door behind the desk as she speaks with you, seemingly having more tasks to complete.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm

"Let's go outside and get some fresh air for a few minutes, get a look at the town in the daylight, and then come back and sit and eat when it is a bit calmer." states Jaq.

He looks at the others to see if they agree on that.
If no objections, he will head out and take a short, slow walk around the town.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:40 pm

Kroshav shrugs in agreement and follows Mar'lin, he'd take a quick detour to the stables just to check on Charlie.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:23 pm

The pair (right now) head out of the boarding house and into the stables. They find their horses have been fed and their water topped off. They also see that one of the horses from the night before is gone. The cow lows at you as you pass her.

In the light of day the humbleness of Timmer is very apparent. The pair's walk takes them first to the gate, were a young man is leaning dozing on the cart, and then around the inside of the wall back to the gate. The entire walk takes under five minutes without a horse to guide and at a leisurely pace. There are a number of paths between the standard cabin/house preferred in town and people seem to be rising for the day. In total there are probably not more than 40 or so scattered homes in the walls. Kroshav spots what is clearly the blacksmiths near to the south side of the gate. One of the largest buildings in the village is the boarding house and the other seems to be a home. There is a small store and an even smaller 'temple' that seems to have been dedicated to as many gods as good sense would allow.

To Jaq the town is exceedingly rustic.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:31 pm

If the smithy is in operation, he's be looking to head that way, otherwise also keeping an eye out for the dwarf guard.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:40 pm

Kroshav pokes his head into the smithy but, while the forge is hot, there doesn't seem to be any smithing being done yet. Kroshav immediately recognizes the familiar tools along with the ever present line of items to be repaired leaning or piled near the forge. A quick inspection shows more axe heads and chains and fewer shovels, horse shoes and plow blades than what he would have normally expected. The entire smithy seems pleasantly of evergreen.

He doesn't spot the dwarf on his walk, so far at least.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:43 pm

Ves inspects the stables and ponders how much a long-term stabling fee would probably be here compared to the other places she knows. She idly kicks at some dirt as she tries to get used to the boots. It's odd that they fit so well....

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:26 pm

Jaq keeps rather quiet on his walk but joins Kroshav when he pokes his head in at the blacksmith. “Looks like our walk will have to be slower if we are waiting for the tables to empty for breakfast.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:32 pm

Joe gets up and cleans herself off with presigigitation. She waves the tiefling bye as she heads out with the others, seeing what this new town holds.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:36 pm

Kroshav starts walking slower...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:41 am

Ves is fairly certain this place is, for whatever reason, likely double as expensive as the place she had in mind a day and a half away, Ansby. Ansby is small even compared to Timmer and the stabling option is less a formal business and more a barn. ((Can I get a perception check from Ves))

The trio (maybe Ves is along as well?) adjust their speed from slow to meandering. They stick out a bit more now, largely because everyone else is involved in the early morning hustle to get ready. Completing another slow circuit of the wall and then the interior they notice another, smaller gate in the north side of the wall. As they creep by they see people starting to gather by the gate wearing packs and carrying various tools and equipment associated with lumber harvesting. Some of the people gathering were in the boarding house eating, so there might be room now?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:33 am

(I guess I'll just say Lurn waited for there to be space to sit, since I've got no plans for him to take action)
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:49 am

A spot opens up and Lurn moves in and takes it. In short order he has a warm bowl of something thick, light brown and sweet smelling. On the table in front of Lurn there is a pitcher of water and milk along with a collection of small bowls and a basket containing half a loaf of bread and some butter. After he sits another two loaves of bread are added to the basket. A few empty mugs are stacked beside the basket.

The individuals sitting next to Lurn don't pay him much attention other than to pause and watch bemusedly while he sits quietly and purifies his food and drink, allowing them to grow cold and slightly warmer respectively, before beginning to eat. By the point Lurn has begun eating the common room is only half full and most of those remaining don't have much left in their bowls.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:58 am

Ves makes sure the horses are good and heads to find breakfast.

Perception: 1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:19 pm

"Let's go eat, Kroshav. I'm sure Ves will be ready to move on soon."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:09 pm

Ves notices that one of the horses seems particularly, and loudly, gassy this morning.

Ves finds another open spot, though not beside Lurn. She is quickly given a bowl of the same sort Lurn received and a similar bread basket rests on her table. After a five minutes the rest of the group, excluding Jolly, wander in and find a number of seats available. Like Ves they are quickly served.

As Ves is finishing up, her table now only occupied by another individual eating quickly, Jolly makes his way down the stairs. He scans the room and finding Ves sits next to her. He doesn't say anything, half watching the person in a hurry dash away from the table and snatch an axe by the door on his way out. Jolly's bowl arrives but he doesn't look at it, instead watching the half elf girl girl leave. Looking over his shoulder first, Jolly leans in and whispers,

"Fella upstairs in the other bunk? Dead. Real dead."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:04 pm

Ves keeps her face impassive and nods.

"Oh yeah? You see how?" She asks quietly back.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Jolly grimaces,

"No blood on the blanket or on the floor but I didn't pull the blanket and check him. He ain't that old...wasn't that old. We tell someone or just saddle up an' go?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:18 pm

"That's your call. Right now, I work for you. Still, it doesn't feel right just leaving them. And Lurn would want to know."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:43 pm

Jolly gives a non-committal shrug.

"Don't want any extra trouble." He looks around and finds Lurn. Before standing and walking over. Lurn isn't sitting near anyone at this point so Jolly simply leans in whispers,

"Hey, that other that was bunking up with us last night? Ya, he's dead. Don't know how but Ves thinks ya'd be interested."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:50 pm

Mar'lin wrote: "Let's go eat, Kroshav. I'm sure Ves will be ready to move on soon."
"Breakfast sounds good."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:56 pm

Joe quietly follows the two as she looks out in the city.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:20 pm

((We can say everyone was back enjoying breakfast when Jolly came down to spread the good news.))