Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:27 am

Religion: 1d20-1 = [6] = 5

"A demon? Definitely bad news for us, then. But a pathetic god for that undead's worship, as I expected. If it were a true god that would have been even worse news... But you're sure it's not just some strong necromancer? Is that hopeful thinking? ... Well, considering the conjuration magic, I suppose we had best treat this as a worst case situation. I say we work out how to damage this whole setup so it can't be used to bring more undead out."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:32 am

((Lurn had advantage on the roll but Kroshav got most of it.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:33 am

Ves doesn't like the sound of demons and just stands with the others, so uncomfortably out of her depth that she doesn't really know what to do.

"Jaq, what about your box? Maybe it disrupts the magic somehow."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:34 am

1d20-1 = [7] = 6
((Lurn's just going to accept that it's a demon. That's his default for when he doesn't know what something is. Ettercap? Clearly a demon. Weird evil mace? Clearly demonic.))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:49 am

"I'm pretty sure that he's THE guy when it comes to undead.... Heard that somewhere... I think... And wasn't that voice talking about a Master?", Kroshav says hesitantly now that the groups expert on the subject isn't backing up what he thought he knew...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:07 am

"Greater demons would be even more of a problem for us... Admittedly, I spent most of my time studying medicines, rather than theology, but any demon which can be regarded as the master of undeath is certainly bad news. And much as I'm certain my Lord would very much approve of us knocking said demon's head off, I don't imagine a ragtag group would be capable of such a feat. The question is, do we think there's more danger in trying to get that mace out of the magical vortex that I'm seeing, or in leaving it there?"
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:08 am

((@Dlover, even a blind dog finds a bone now and then!))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:26 am

Jaq brings the box out at Ves' comment. "Well we got it from the goblins, I'm not sure how it'd really link to here, but it is possible I guess." he shrugs, not really knowing.
From Lurn's comment he answers "I could send a few arrows into the mace and see what that does, if you'd like. It's a good start at least and we are all at a distance. And if we can do something to destroy that pool up there. I'm all for it." he says with anger.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:29 am

"Sounds like a plan to me. Want me down here or keeping an eye out up top?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:19 am

"If the box heals your hand, which was damaged by the pool, then maybe it'll disrupt more of the pool's magic."

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:25 am

"Ok, if the arrows don't work we can try that."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:30 am

Ves nods and steps back in front of Jolly, watching the mace closely as the arrows fly.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:25 pm

Lurn nods, backing up to the base of the stairway. "Let's see... Kroshav, Joe, Ves, Jolly, I suggest you all head upstairs for the moment. If anything comes out of the pool as a result of this you can keep it out of the stairs. If the pool's lure acts up, hopefully Ves and Kroshav can prevent anyone from running in. And if anything appears on the stairs themselves we can flank it... But we may be coming up after you in quite a hurry."
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:37 pm

Kroshav nods in agreement and heads up.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:11 am

((Just waiting right at the top of the stairs? You can see the rim of the pool but not the liquid in it.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:15 am

((Yeah, top of the stairs, want to be there to run down if called, and will be able to see anything emerge from the pool.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:47 am

Joe follows behind Kroshav, reading a firebolt just incase something appears.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:39 am

Ves isn't particularly happy, but will go with Kroshav and the others up the stairs.

"So much for staying together..."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:53 am

Jolly follows closely behind Ves, crossbow at the ready.

((Those at the bottom of the stairs are visible from the top of the stairs.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:23 am

((cool. She won't let them get out of sight, and is ready to move if they get in trouble))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:21 am

Ok, Jaq will shoot an arrow at the evilish looking mace.
He will wait to see what happens before sending more arrows.

Arrow attack 1d20+7 = [20] = 27
Crit arrow damage 2d8+5 = [5, 2] = 12

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:36 am

Jaq's arrow flies true and strikes the skull mace through it's left eye socket and blows out its back, spraying bone bits and nails against the north wall. The mace tilts backwards after the strike and leans briefly against the north wall before sliding off the altar and on to the stone floor with a clatter of bone and metal. The seconds pass and neither Lurn nor Jaq see any reaction to it's fall.

Up top the group see Jaq release the arrow and wait for something to happen. Nothing crawls out of the pool and there are no evil voices calling to them.

Maybe Jaq missed?

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:00 am

"Well, that worked better than I thought, but it really did not cause anything to happen." Jaq shrugs.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:17 am

"Did you hit it?"

Ves heads back downstairs.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:51 am

'Yeah, and it fell over onto the floor."