UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:28 pm

”Please show me to me room.”

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:51 pm

Nezza rises and takes Joe up stairs to the common area they stayed in before but indicates a pair of closed doors.

"Take your pick. They are the same, a bed, a chest, a window and a lantern. Changed the bedding yesterday."

She narrows her eyes at Joe.

"You had a bird before, correct? No pets in the rooms."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:18 pm

Closing in with a grim expression, Lurn waves one hand, calling to his party, "Finish off those two." (I don't think it's been 10 rounds yet, right? Rocks should still be enchanted if Beck and Fand can get in 60'. Indra can just go for the north one where she already is.) His hand comes down to point towards the southern hob, and the bell tolls for the creature.
Toll The Dead (Injured): 1D12 = [11] = 11

Moving the raised hand to point at the downed caster, the firbolg's eyes are steady as he stares at his enemy, "You," he says, "Are not allowed to die easily while I'm here."
Bonus action to Spare The Dying, Stabilising the caster and removing all Death Saving Throws.
Last edited by Dlover on Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:11 pm

”Ruby ainae with me right now.” Joe chooses aroom and starts settling down, packing her stuff awaybwfore closing the door and going to bed.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:24 pm

Ves gives the elf a long look as he whispers, not very quietly to the others, then turns to look at Nessa to speak.

"Keep watch to the east and north. Whatever you have here, be ready to burn it, use it, hide it, or run with it if it's anything those armies could use. Hopefully it won't come to that, but if it does, be ready.

I'm going to bed. Thanks for the food."

Ves gets up and follows Joe upstairs and finds a room somewhere. She's not fussy.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:10 am

Lurn disregards Arbelm's order to not kill the two standing hobs and sets his minions on stoning one to death while attempting to end the other himself. The pair of rock throwers eagerly move up and hurl a pair of stones at the distracted hob. The first stone deflects on the hobs armor and the second rock whizzes past and nearly clips Celus. The other hobgoblin doesn't even seem to notice the tolling of death.

To make matters even worse it doesn't seem like there is any life left in the caster to spared.
Initiative:
Arbelm
Wizards
Lurn and co
Group 3
Kroshav and co <----
Jaq
Jesp and co
Group 2
Soldiers
-------
Ves finishes her meal with a little advice after Nezza comes back.

Nezza raises her eyebrows and responds,

"I assure you we are watching and are ready to depart at a moments notice, and to burn this town to its foundations if needed." She gives the elf a firm look. The elf mutters something unkind, who it is directed at is unclear.

Ves then finds her way to her room and falls quickly asleep.

((Unless you two want to do something during the night...))

The next morning Ves and Joe are awoken by a crisp rapping on their doors and Nezza saying loudly,

"Breakfast is warm now, you can come down later if you'd like but I don't plan on baking new bread."

((Your level of exhaustion is gone!))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:16 am

((Wait, didn't Arbelm say to keep the caster alive? Not the others?))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:22 am

((She wasn't exactly clear I guess, she wants those two restrained. Kroshav was the one that wanted the caster alive but Arbelm seemed to agree with his assessment of her potential value.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:23 am

Kroshav takes advantage of the distractions and knocks out one hob and Celus and Jolly take care of the other.

Longsword: 1D20+1D4+7 = [20]+[2]+7 = 29
1D8+7 = [8]+7 = 15

Longsword: Crit: 1D8 = [5] = 5
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:35 am

As Kroshav smacks the hobgoblin with the flat of his blade he feels a rush of energy through his hand into his chest and feels much better, the hob on the other hand stiffens unnaturally and instantly his fur grows white and his face becomes sallow before sagging away from the blade. Kroshav gets a feeling of pride and pleasure from the...sword?

((Roll me 3d6 please))

Celus knocks the other hob out with the hilt of his sword.
((You're out of combat unless Jaq wants to try and follow the other group?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:12 am

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:18 am

Jaq will actually stay where he is, hidden and just make sure no hobs retrace there steps back to us to try to ambush us. If after a few minutes none re-appear, he will come back out to the clearing

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:28 am

Kroshav feels like most of the burns from the blast healed when he hit the hob somehow? A glance at the hob shows he is breathing but looks like he somehow shrunk in his armor. Even his skin looks loose, like Kroshav has seen on some of the big, floppy farm dogs folks have down south.

((+7 Temp hit points to Kroshav! Whenever you crit with the sword roll 3d6. The target takes that as necrotic damage and you gain it. Technically your swing would have killed this guy twice over even if he'd had full health but you did specify non-lethal...))

Arbelm arrives and quickly assesses the situation.

"Good, now move these two out from under that burning tree." She looks grimly to Gisper's body, who Jesp is already standing over and smothering out the fire. She moves in and helps him finish with that and to carry the body away to where the the wizard has cautiously approached. Once the two living hobs and the dead caster are moved away she indicates the tree to the wizard. The wizard ponders a second and then an icy storm quickly snuffs out the flames.

To the south the fog is still in place over the roadblock but there doesn't seem to be any fighting. To the north there is still some shouting but it is hard to determine what is happening as the fog is still in place there as well. A squad of spread out soldiers is beginning to approach as well as and Arbelm directs them to patrol the edge of the forest.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:31 am

Joe gets up and get her things to get breakfast, happily eatting the warm meal.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:49 am

Joe comes down and finds the common room empty except for Nezza who is sitting at her desk near the door and looks to be reading a new book. She sets the book down on hearing Joe come down the stairs and gives her a nod before entering the kitchen and returning a moment later with a bowl porridge and a loaf of bread. She does the trip again and returns with a pitcher of milk and a small jar of what looks to be raspberry preserves and a small tin of butter. She reaches into her pocket and puts a smallish salt shaker on the table. Surveying the table she shakes her head before returning with two mugs.

"My cook joined the army so things might not taste... well they will taste like I made them. Enjoy."

She returns to her desk and book and seems to remember to ask,

"Oh and how was the room? No problems I assume?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:25 am

Kroshav looks at the sword in wonder. It must truly be a gift from his gods, to lay low the nasty hobgoblin and strengthen him, one of their chosen warriors!

His zeal is dampened by the scent of burnt hair and Gisper's smoking body. Assuming that Gisper's squad mates tend to him, he'll drag the unconscious hobs away from the treeline, to wherever Arbelm wants them brought.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:04 pm

Lurn pauses by Gisper's body, eyes downcast, "I'm sorry for your loss. I tried to save him, but by the time I was in reach he was already gone; my powers are too weak to return those whose souls have left. All I can do now is offer a respectful burial."

Hoisting one of the unconscious hobs over his shoulder, the firbolgs moves away from the tree as instructed. Passing Arbelm, he looks over the surroundings, "Just for the record I need to say that I can't approve if so many dead are not given proper burials, but off the record I do understand that such a thing may be unreasonable. If you wish it, my magics can help with the digging, whether it be many graves or one large one."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:11 pm

Arbelm has the hobs bound and directs her team to follow with her as she moves south into the camp with the wizard. Jaq emerges from the forest and joins up, no sign of the other hob party.

She listens to Lurn as they walk south and nods solemnly,

"We will see to ours, your help will be appreciated. So many, so quickly. I failed here today."

The camp is still largely in chaos but is coming under control. Arbelm has her team wait while she disappears to find a superior to report to, no one is to approach the hobs without her say so. Jesp takes Gisper's body and leaves to place it somewhere until it can be taken care of properly, with Arbelm's nod of approval.

Shortly after Arbelm leaves others, soldiers and conscripts, in the camp notice the pair of hobs and begin to gather. Some are burnt and likely are survivors of the attack on the circle. None look happy and some begin to approach and attempt get near to the hobs. The teams look to their leaders (Lurn and Kroshav since Jesp is away).

((How are you stopping them, if you are stopping them?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:42 pm

Lurn puts himself between the hobs and the gathering crowd, speaking loudly, but not shouting, "I'm in no mood to be dainty about this, so nobody touches them, orders from higher up. I may not be the smartest, but I know we can get information from them, stop this from happening again maybe; they die and all those people died for nothing. Anybody who harms these two might as well be killing more of our own."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:08 pm

((Give me a persuasion roll please.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:57 am

My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:07 am

”Tha room was fine. Ah got some good sleep.”

Joe finishes her meal and pays for everything (4 sp right?)

”Ves Ah’m goin ta look at tha shops n hopefully buy somethin’ ta bring Ruby back.”

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:18 am

Kroshav nods and backs Lurn's attempt to turn them away.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:03 am

Any who aren't convinced by Lurn's persuasive laying out of the situation are definitely discouraged by the blood covered dragonborn beside him. Most people move away to take care of whatever duty they should be or forming into ranks.

After a few minutes Arbelm returns with a stressed looking Guard lieutenant flanked by a pair soldiers. Arbelm nods as the two soldiers begin dragging off the hobs. She then waves her team to the side and says,

"They attacked to the north and east as distractions, the circle was the main target. We have been assigned to track the caster that escaped and kill or capture them. Separate parties have been sent to track the casters that caused the distractions. Who here can track? We need to move fast, before they can meet up with reinforcements."

Dama slowly raises her hand as does Ern. Arbelm nods and heads to where she thinks the third group of hobs went in and looks expectantly at the two.

((Anyone else think they can track or have other comments/suggestions?))
----
"Great, will you be leaving soon? Heading west? You can let them know we are still here."

She looks at Joe with a confused expression.

"Buy to bring what back? You bird?"

((3sp))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:10 am

"I have some nature and survival skills, but I'm not sure if I'm the best tracker, One of those two might be more well trained, but I can assist."
"I was in the woods when they all fled eastbouth, I can show you were I last saw them in the distance."