Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:09 am

Joe focuses in on a medium-large racoon that is head deep in Kroshov's pack, the others having scattered when she moves. It straightens with a start at its fur no longer being wet, little black eyes quickly focusing on the diminutive person extending some dried apple its way. It shuffles hesitantly forward and extends its arm as long is it can to take the apple before scurrying quickly under the edge of some of the brambles to watch Joe while it munches.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:59 am

Looking around the camp, Lurn rolls his shoulders slightly. It was an uncomfortable night, but there was something pleasant about the presence of all the wildlife. "What are you up to, Joe? Wild animals tend to be quite skittish if you can't talk to them."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:48 am

Kroshav pulls his pack towards him with a scowl and backs out of their 'tent', stretching.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:10 am

The racoon bares its fangs slightly at Kroshav before returning its attention to the apple bit, becoming more skittish the more the big people move.

Outside the cover of the brambles and 'tent' Kroshav quickly goes from damp to fully wet. Rain puddles of unknown depth and varying size are scattered around but a couple foot wide and a few inch channel has formed on either side of the bramble's rise. The small stream running in the channels looks to be heading down to the Cut.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:12 am

”Why ye be in our tent? An ah wanta do this meself.” Joe clears out an area near the base of the tree before putting some more snacks at the now barren spot by the tree. She backs off a bit as to not alarm the racoon.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:21 am

((You aren't exactly in a tent, more like under the limbs of some thorn bushes in a small open area. Lurn would be able to see what Joe was trying to do through the brambles but his vision would be obscured.))

The racoon moves around the edge of the brambles and snatches another bit of apple and bread before slinking back into cover. Another racoon appears and watches the first and seems to be weighing the risk/reward of getting some for itself.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:25 am

"You can certainly do... Whatever it is you're doing for yourself. Just be careful they don't carry you off, little one."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:32 am

Kroshav chuckles at the thought of the raccoon scampering off with Joe lifted above its head.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:36 am

((Got to watch out for those dire-racoons looking for a pet.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:38 am

”Ah like ta see em try!”

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:53 am

"Me too!" Kroshav giggles.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:19 am

"Let's not feed the vermin."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:37 am

The racoon flashes its teeth at Ves, apparently not liking her tone. Another racoon ventures into the space with Joe to grab a snack, this one stays but keeps an eye on the little halfing.

More animals scatter into the rainy morning as the party begins to move around and talk. Jolly drags himself out of where he slept beside Jaq. He looks haggard as he pops his neck then back before coughing loudly as he walks into the woods a distance to take care of the necessaries. Stumbling back, soaked, he sits on a tree root and pulls out some dried bread that quickly becomes soggy. He looks miserable but quietly finishes his breakfast before gesturing to Kroshav and Lurn to see if they are going to spar today.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:48 am

”Why not? They kept us warm last night n ain’t harmin’ none.” Joe watches the coon, careful not to make sudden movements. ”Sides thay be cute lil land pirates.”

After she is done feeding the coons, Joe will dry off Jolly and the others, seeing as they are getting soaked.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:56 am

The raccoons, now five of them, seem pleased with the situation but are decidedly not done eating when Joe cuts them off. They are still concerned by all the movement around them but are less worried by the little person giving them food.

Joe begins the Sisyphean task of trying to keep people dry in the rain.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:10 am

(Well she can at least dry them off when they get completly soaked)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:14 am

((She's the water wizard :). Anything more with the raccoons?))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:34 am

She'll give pets to those that let her but not push herself on them.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:51 am

Jaq is staying quiet, but staying a good deal away from the raccoons and Joe.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:07 am

The raccoons show little interest in getting pets as they sniff the ground where the treats were placed eventually moving uncomfortably close to Joe, some circling around behind her. They show her their teeth whenever she moves to pet them. Up close she realizes just how big they are, the largest likely near half her weight and boy do those claws and teeth look sharp.

((They aren't being aggressive yet but they aren't friendly, give me an insight animal handling roll to read them.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:14 am

"The Cap'n's crew of land pirates are gonna follow us all the way to Timmer, aren't they?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:20 am

"Raccoons in the city that I've seen have been pretty mean. I think they hide in the sewers during the day and at night they look for leftover food in the garbage. But they do seem pretty smart." He shrugs at Kroshov's comment and has a look like, 'I hope not'.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:33 am

"That one was poking around in my pack! No... it was that one... no that one... that one?", Kroshav tries to point out the offender while checking to make sure there aren't any more in his pack, and see what, if anything was taken.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:46 am

"This is why. They aren't friendly and if you give 'em anything, they'll think they're entitled to the rest. Also, they can make you sick, spread fleas and ticks, and they'll piss on your bedroll. Go on, fork off!"

Ves moves towards the group of racoons, clapping and waving her bo at them to shoo them away from their packs.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:48 am