Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:49 pm

((Trapper is long gone, most everyone went home once they could. He would have helped you though! Joe's interactions were almost exclusively with refugees, the only person she had any interactions with that is still around is the midwife.

You just need to get to where you had the fight with the hag and then you can initiate part 1 of your plan. So survival please!))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:12 pm

Jaq will try to assist with the tracking, by looking for tracks and for easy pathways that may have been used to get through the forest.

Survival: 1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:37 pm

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:43 pm

Lurn casts Guidance on himself, then proceeds to start looking for any trails.

Survival + Guidance: 1D20+5+1D4 = [10]+5+[1] = 16
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:08 am

In the light rain, Joe and Jaq peer at the spot indicated by Ghram. It certainly doesn't look like anyone has walked there? Or maybe there, a bit north? Dama goes to a spot a bit to the south and wipes a horn to keep it from channeling rain down her back.

"Hey, you sure it was here? I don't seen anything."

Dama trail tracking: 1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7

Fortunately Lurn sees what is clearly a trail that was used by many feet in the past week a few yards in and can direct everyone else along it. In the rain roots and rocks are slick and the going is slow. About two hours later the trail abruptly ends and Joe is pretty sure she recognizes the tree the hag was at when she caught up to her.

The rain isn't getting worse, but it isn't letting off either.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:58 am

"This weather sucks, and it sure isn't making trudging around in the woods easier." Jaq actually seems a bit irritated with the hike in the rain and his lack of being able to track anything by his own skills.
With a bit of a forced smile and a shrug he adds, looking at Joe, "We will do our best to find this hag, but we might have to accept that it has been a week now and she might not actually have a lair near here. Do hags move around a lot like nomads?? Let's hope for the best in this search, but realize that this may be a long shot."

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:12 am

”Ah think Ah reconize this parto tha woods.”

Joe frowns when Jaq says they may not find her.

“....Ah know but Ah need ta try.”

Joe sends Ruby to fly above and to see if there are any houses.

1d20+3 = [7] = 10 1d20+3 = [2] = 5

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:31 am

On Jaq's question, Kroshav remembers that in Sir Tarneth's story the hag did have a lair! That is where the valiant, inconclusive fight took place.

Ruby is equally unhappy about flying in the crap weather and does a quick, cursory check of the surrounding woods and sending Joe a negative.

((There were other trails you can try to follow? More survival checks if you want.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:36 am

Lurn grunts, "The rain isn't the nicest thing, but it's hardly a thing to be bothered by. Let's keep looking around and hope this hag has to walk like everyone else."

More tracking: 1D20+5+1D4 = [8]+5+[3] = 16
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:50 am

Lurn finds another trail leading away to the northeast that Joe is pretty sure she saw the goblin talking things go. After following the trail for five minutes it splits into three. One heading mostly east but a little north, one nearly directly north and one in between them and otherwise they look more or less the same.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:57 am

"The one Sir Tarneth fought had a lair... so might still be in the area if her lair was here. You said she was a woman, before that Joe? Was she from around here?"

Kroshav has a look about for signs of recent travel.

Survival: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:12 am

Kroshav does a slow circle of the area and spots a few signs of animals moving through, mostly deer and what looks to the tracks a very big porcupine or a small bear. He doesn't see any recent signs of humanoid travel.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:32 am

"Just animals, perhaps she moved on."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:45 am

"Ah think she liv'd in town, I heard tha liv'd ...by tha woods. Ah crap she'd probably be thar. Tha husb'nd would know whar tha is."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:26 am

((Joe knows they were in the refugee camp, which would strongly indicate they weren't locals. She didn't ask where they were from.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:04 pm

(Didn’t the husband say they lived on the edge of the woods until the war? Away from others due to the mother being awful?)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:31 pm

((That he did say, but what he didn't say was which town was nearest or if it was the south or north woods!

There are those three additional trails to follow if you want to pursue that route?))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:11 am

((...so what is the plan then?))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:45 am

(...I don't know.... if all are animal tracks then we may have to talk to the husband about where the house is...)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:49 am

((Lurn found a trail away from the area that split into three trails. The only recent tracks in this immediate area though are from animals.

Asking the husband is also a possibility, taking you back to town.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:54 am

"Not much difference between one path and another, so... North first?"
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:10 am

"Sure, I guess?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:49 pm

((Was waiting for Joe to chime in but...))

With Lurn leading the way the party clop along the north trail for nearly an hour into increasingly dense forest. The rain continues is drizzle and everyone is throughly soaked. Jolly grumbles,

"Just like old times. Hopefully it doesn't rain like it did last time we were in the woods."

After following what to Lurn had been a clear enough trail it simply stops between a pair of large trees.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:08 pm

(North is fine with me)

Joe looks around and frowns, before trying to go inbetween the trees.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:13 pm

Joe successfully transverses the space between the trees.