Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:19 pm

"It just ends here, in the middle of nowhere. That's a stupid trail." comments Jaq.

He looks up into the trees and around, trying to figure out if it just led to something that was very well hidden.

Perception: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:17 pm

”Feck....Ah can rotual cast det’ct mag’c but Ah donnae think it’d do nothin’

..Maybeh she went down tha oth’r trails?”

(Worth a shot to see if there was anything funky with it)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:03 pm

"Well, there are three trails to check, so we might as well. I presume this pair of trees was used to climb up, but I've no clue how to find a trail up there."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:50 pm

The trunks look pretty slick now to Jaq and nothing stands out as making them climbable or having been climbed recently.

((Give me a perception or survival for Lurn's examination of the trees.

Was Joe going to cast detect magic?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:19 am

My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:07 am

Lurn looks up at the trees and gets big drop of rain in his eye. Blinking it away he doesn't see anything.

Dama says,

"Well they didn't just disappear."

Dama looks around then walks in a wide circle, looking up in the trees and down at the ground. She stops thirty feet from where the trail disappeared and points up,

"None of the trees around here got vines but this one, and it connects to this one which connects to that one over where the trail ended. Looks like they ran another to that tree over there. Bet that's where they came down."

She walks over to the tree she indicated and looks around.

"Maybe not... Don't see any signs of a trail here."

Dama perception: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23

Dama survival: 1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:24 am

Lurn joins Dama at the supposed place of descent, having a look himself, "It does seem strange for there to be no other vines, but I'm not seeing anything here."

Survival: 1D20+5 = [1]+5 = 6

((Twice in a row!))
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:38 am

Yes, Joe will cast detect magic as a ritual

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:42 am

Joe wraps up her ritual and looks around hopefully...but nothing (other than what folks are wearing) shows any glow of magic.

((Oh, I forgot. Roll me a 1d2 Burns! 1 means Joe has got herself an awesome beard.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:54 am

“Thar be nothin’ thar.”

1d2 = [1] = 1

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:56 am

Beard is on!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:49 am

"Do we go try another one?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:31 pm

"We're not finding anything here, I suppose?"
(Unless Jaq can find something and redeem himself.)
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:52 pm

Kroshav has a look around and likewise doesn't see anything noteworthy.

Survival: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:26 am

Jaq nods in appreciation at Dama's ability to track and will remember to watch for vines and such next time he is searching. He moves over to where she shows the vine travelling ends and takes a good look and tries to figure out what might have travelled this way and where they went.

Survival: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:21 pm

Jaq is able to see a clear path heading nearly due east from the base the tree. After a few dozen yards it becomes apparent to everyone.

((Keeping on the trail?))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:23 pm

"I say we continue on. Something obviously used this path, not sure what, but we might get lucky."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:48 pm

No one object's to Jaq's proclamation and they continue along the trail that after a few hundred feet becomes so clear that even Jolly can see it. He comments,

"Might as well be road. Like they stopped trying to hide it."

The day continues to be miserable. A small fire at the lunch pause gives some warmth but isn't anywhere near enough to dry anyone out. By late afternoon the trail shows no signs of stopping and has kept a more or less easterly heading, only swerving to avoid gullies or hills. As night starts to fall another trails meet up with the one you've been following from the south.

Dama asks a bit sourly, back long since soaked from the rain running down her horns,

"We following this trail till we find what made it? At this rate we are going to end back in Grenmyr in a couple of weeks."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:34 pm

"If it's a dangerous thing which will kill even infants, then I intend to carry through the hunt, however far it leads."
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:54 am

"But we aren't sure it went this way. The further we travel, the more likelihood that it went off on some random turn off to it's lair. If it went this one of the three ways. This is plain luck if we find the hag, or just run into some other trouble. I'm sorry Joe, but I don't think this looks promising at all. She may just have had too much time and the trail is cold and old."

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:55 am

”....Ah...Ah know....Ah think we should talk ta tha husband when we get back.”

Joe ritually casts leamond’s tiny hut. The appearance of it looks to be an ancient temple with decorations and carvings on the outside of it in primordial.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:07 am

"You're not wrong. I loathe the idea of leaving such a thing behind, but we need some way to be sure we're making progress."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:44 pm

((So are you going back where you started tomorrow? It will take about as long to do the reverse trip.))

Celus whistles at the hut. Jolly pokes it with a stick and asks,

"Nice outhouse Joe. Who is gonna spend the night in there? Is there room for everyone?"

Everyone looks pretty eager to get out of the now chilly rain.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:04 pm

”Ah think so, it can fit abou’ 9 people inn’t. N it nay n outhouse. If ye gotta go, ye go outside o it.””

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:28 pm

Jolly chuckles at his own wit before heading inside and yelling back out,

"Hey, ya can see through the walls in here!"

Celus and Dama move inside and ooo and aah for a few second before Celus asks,

"Joe, can ya make a fire in here? To dry out our gear?"

Indra takes a look around at the trackless wilderness before wiping rain from her face and stepping inside.

((Question stands - forwards or back in the morning?))