Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:19 am

((How bad off is Celus? Besides being winded, I mean.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:00 pm

((He doesn't look great, Kroshav would put him around the same level of healthiness as himself. Considering that Kroshav only has 6 hp left that isn't saying much.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:15 am

((He'll keep going then.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:33 pm

((Waiting to see if Jaq is going to do anything.

Also, waiting for Joe or Ves. Doing anything on the snare trail? Heading back to the tree and then on? Something else?))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:42 pm

Jaq will move to walk near to the corporal. “Are we gonna let them keep following us or should we ambush them once we crest a hill or move behind some dense copse of trees?”

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:33 pm

Arbelm keeps moving and responds quietly in Elvish,

"You, Kroshav and Celus hardly look up for another fight. I have only seen two, and they know that they've been spotted. They will be expecting us to react, and I am concerned they are only intended to slow us. Even if there are only two I am not confident we can get them before they manage to drop some of us."

She takes a deep breath as she keeps jogging steadily through the shadows of trees and continues,

"You have more experience fighting hobgoblins. What do you think they are planning?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:45 am

((Lurn would be close enough to have heard this with that perception roll of his and as as much experience as Jaq with hobs. Feel free to add some input.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:49 am

Lurn keeps his voice low, also speaking in Elvish, "I can heal once more at best. Two hobs alone aren't dangerous unless they have magic, but they could pick off an injured target. I'm in agreement on avoiding an engagement, but if one is forced then the injured people should keep moving while only a couple deal with them. And they can't be allowed a chance to finish off this mage, either."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:56 am

Arbelm gives a small nod,

"I agree, denying us the mage is likely their priority. We can re-evaluate allowing them to follow us once we make contact with Ern's group."

She spares Jaq a look to see if he has any response.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:26 am

Replying in Elvish, "That does make sense. I cannot argue with that, we'll only fight if forced into it."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:17 pm

Keeping an eye on their tails the group moves westward. After less than ten minutes Lurn and Arbelm are able to make out the sound of something coming east on the path being followed. Arbelm quickly informs everyone and indicates you should slow to a walk and be ready. Celus hops down and pulls his sword.

Lurn looks back to find their tails standing still, perhaps watching from the shadows of the trees. It's difficult to make any details through the trees at this distance however.

((Can I get a new perception roll from everyone and a single d4 from someone.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:16 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:01 pm

My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:38 am

Perception/exhaustion: 2D20.LOW(1)+2 = [2, 20]+2 = 4

(Jaq needs to get rid of this exhaustion!)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:52 am

((Well, at least this time it wasn't the second roll that screwed you!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:30 am

Everyone, excepting Arbelm, is entirely focused on whatever is coming from ahead and miss the faint sounds north and south of the group. She able to shout half a warning and point to the north as a hobgoblin appears 20’ to the north of the group and hurls a flurry of darts through the trees at Lurn, or rather his unwilling and unconscious shoulder rider. Three of the darts ping off Lurn's armor but one sinks home into the mage. The hobgoblin then backs up north 60'.

Arbelm grabs the mage off of Lurn and covers him with her body and is showered with darts from the south hob before he retreats 60' back into the trees.

At this point Ern's group comes between the trees with a startled looks seeing Arbelm on the ground and the rest of the bloodied group.

((The trees were providing half cover for everyone, hobs included, and Lurn was giving the mage three-quarters cover.))
((Combat is essentially over but feel free to take a shot at the retreating hobs, they have 3/4 where they are now but you can move within 30' and take that down to half))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:02 am

Cursing, Lurn sets down Celus and turns his focus to the mage and Arbelm, checking their conditions.
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:54 am

Jaq in his injured state isn't going to go running after the hobs, but he will take a shot. He then smiles with how accurate the shot was.

Longbow: 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28

Crit damage arrow: 2D8+6 = [1, 1]+6 = 8

(Ha, crit attack, but worst possible damage)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:00 am

Lurn pulls a dart out of Arbelm's back as she slowly rises from the mage. Her front is covered in blood, but it isn't her's.

She stands, staring at the dart protruding from the mage's neck before yelling and cursing while she kicks the still body. Ern and the rest of the new comers watch unsure of what to do.

Jaq looses a perfectly aimed shot that wings the northern hob and Dama follows suit but only hits a tree.
After a few moments Arbelm stops and looks to Lurn and Kroshav questioningly, breathing hard,

"Can either of you bring him back?"

The two hobs quickly run off into the woods, both heading back to the east.

((Used up all your max damages last fight NSF!))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Joe will collect the snares and investigate the odd tree. (Go ahead and roll if needed)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:38 pm

Joe goes around and collects all the snares she can find, nearly thirty, before heading back to the old tree.

((Give me a nature roll on the tree.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:45 pm

Kroshav returns a javelin to the woods.

Javelin: 1D20+7 = [6]+7 = 13
1D6+5 = [2]+5 = 7

"It's beyond me. I can only heal them what are still alive."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:39 pm

The javelin flies closer to the hob than Dama's arrow but ultimately strikes a tree.

Arbelm nods and shifts a her not terribly hopeful gaze to Lurn. Dama watches the hobs flee and she goes over to greet Ern's group as Jolly makes his way to check on his travel companions, still a little burnt looking.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:11 pm

Kroshav waves at Jolly.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:15 pm

"Welcome Jolly." Jaq says with a friendly smile.