Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:31 pm

The voice doesn't hesitate,
► Show Spoiler
Third voice,
► Show Spoiler
Something crashes near voice two, which is followed by cursing from no less than four individuals.

((Persuasion from Ves to convince them to do anything. I guess you can try intimidating them too?))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:34 pm

((you can also roll insight on them of course, +1))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:37 pm

Kroshav grins.

"Oh good. At least then we'll know what's what."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:45 pm

((Also missed the bit about the marks... Must have gotten edited or I can't read... Anyhow:))

Voice three,
► Show Spoiler
((Int on knowing/remembering anything about the clan.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:54 pm

((So in a pm you mentioned that Ves knows the local tribes and markings - does the INT roll mean that these guys are one she's not met before?))

In goblin: "Hah! Well you clearly have the advantage over us! Look, I can't carry our goods up to you without probably breaking my neck and I'm the only one who speaks anything close to your language. If you want to see our stuff and trade you'll need to come down."

Are they planning murders: 1d20+5 = [12] = 17

Persuasion: 1d20 = [19] = 19

Int: 1d20 = [12] = 12

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:15 pm

They are goblins so they are likely planning murders, though your's doesn't seem to be a priority. Currently. Voice three wasn't likely lying about the magic maybe stuff. As Ves focuses on getting a read on her negotiation counterpart she feels a tingle from the pendant she received from Jaq and Joe. She also continues to be aware that Lurn has a bottle of wine.

Ves has heard of their tribe through another tribe further south and west, the Boar-eaters. The Boar-eaters referred to them only in passing and didn't seem to have much to do with them either way.

Following Ves' offer there is more whispering followed by voice three calling down,
► Show Spoiler
((He, the voice is male, would be putting the rest of the party 45ft from the wall edge and away from you. The wall itself is that high as well.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:19 pm

At playing hide and seek with Mar'lin, Kroshav tries to put his new skills to the task.

Perception: 1d20+1 = [18] = 19
Perception: 1d20+1 = [2] = 3 (no darkvision)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:34 pm

Goblin: "Yeah ok. Hey, is alcohol worth anything to you? Also, I'm bringing a light so my lot can see me and make sure I don't die."

Common: "Hey Lurn, give me that bottle of wine of yours. Also, I need all of you to stay on the far side of the fire. Be vigilant, stay in cover, but only shoot if they start it. There's a lot of tribes out here who trade, but they don't trust folk like us, same as we don't trust them for the most part. Don't make any sudden moves and don't get twitchy."

Ves decides to trust the goblin and her own speed for now, and moves to the wall. She'll cast Light on a boulder about 10 feet away from the meeting point so as not to dazzle the goblin.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:40 pm

Kroshav doesn't catch sight of anything at the top of the crevasse wall, even knowing about where they are.

Voice three reponds
► Show Spoiler
The voices quiet and seem to wait on Ves and the party to do their parts before anyone comes down.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:05 pm

((Ves adheres to the plan, but OOC I'm ready to take a break and let the others post before this continues))

"Oh! And they're sending someone down. Don't murder them."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:21 pm

"Unless they murder you. Got it.", Kroshav moves around the fire as directed.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:25 pm

"I mean... Unless they TRY to murder me. I'd appreciate it if you don't let them ACTUALLY murder me. You guys got anything you want to trade or buy? They say they've got magic and they want strong alcohol, metal or gems if we have them."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:02 pm

Joe groans and starts to ritually cast comprehend languages. "Ah'll send Ruby with ye. Ah cast'd comprh'nd langu'ge so Ah know what be goin' on. Ah hav'nt tried this bef'r so Ah ain't sure if it work o nay but it worth a shot. Ah got some gold ta trad if they'd be int'rest'd."

(Basically she's sending Ruby with Ves and have his senses and hoping that comprehend would work as she's listening through Ruby's ears.)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:35 pm

Lurn pulls out the bottle of wine Ves asked for, followed by a small gem (worth 5GP), some cuts of cloth, and a dagger. "I'm not sure what goblins would take an interest in, but that's everything I'm willing to part with." Handing over what goods Ves wants, Lurn moves to sit across the fire from the shouting, laying his crossbow across his knees, though without a bolt loaded. His magics work just as well as a crossbow, after all.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:04 pm

"Fair. If it comes to trade, I'll wave you over when it's time. I don't doubt you and Joe know magic when you see it! Better'n me anyway."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:06 pm

"Don't have anything I want to trade."

((Talks may be concluded by the time a ritual casting can be completed.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:40 pm

Jolly moves to the fire side of the fire with his sword looking up at the top of the wall.

Once everyone is where they should be a rough rope drops down and a short figure slides down and lands a short ways from Ves. He is wearing leather armor and is armed with what looks to be a stone dagger and a few wood spikes. He has several black tattoos on his face and his longish hair is pulled into a pair of... pigtails. He looks over a Ves and says,
► Show Spoiler
He squints in the direction of the fire as he waits for a response.

((I am okay with Joe having started the ritual right as the discussion began but it's only be a few minutes and this may or may not be over before the ten minutes is up.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:44 am

Ves shows the wine, leather and gem from Lurn.

"Got a bit more too. What you got for us?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:57 am

The goblin steps forward and taps the bottle of wine with his nail.
► Show Spoiler
He looks at the leather and rubs his hand over it, not particularly impressed. He eyes the gem.
► Show Spoiler
He looks at Ves' wooden staff. He grumbles and calls to the fire,

"Have not you weapons of metals? More not of wooded place things to make of trades?"

He calls up the wall,
► Show Spoiler
Another rope is lowered by the first with something tied at it's end. The goblin unties it and presents a palm sized stone figurine with swirling orange and yellow.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:09 am

Goblin: "See, the problem is, they don't trust you and don't want to give you their weapons. Let's start small and easy. This is wine. Stronger than ale, less than spirits. Is coin any use, or do you only want steel? I'm going to have the blue guy look at that magic bauble you've got, ok. Can he come over?"

Common: "They want metal. Daggers, steel. That kind of thing. "

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:18 am

"If they'd like coin, Ah can give them some. Ah have a dagg'r Ah maight be able ta spare."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:36 am

In goblin: "One's offering coin and a dagger."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:33 am

► Show Spoiler
He gives Ves a shrewd look along with the small idol to inspect. He yells in broken common,

"Can also trade information. Trade map for weapons...?

You not here from or you won't be sleeping in the Cut. Could've fight early, safer for everyone to trade, ya? So make good trade!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:48 am

"Ves, if a well made javelin gets ya any bargaining room, I'm willing to put one in.", Kroshav calls.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:40 pm

Ves nods
Goblin: "This one's willing to trade a javelin too. So wine, a dagger, a javelin. I've got some silver and gold thread too. The wine is fermented fruit. Grapes I think. Leather gloves any use to you? They're well made, but might be too big..."

Common: "Lurn, would you take a look at this? Or you Joe? They say it's magic."