Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:14 pm

"The same for me, I won't be recovering enough to cast my more powerful spells until having a proper sleep."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:44 pm

“What do you think Ves? Hike a good ways away. Half an hour? And find a place to sleep the night.” He’s up for ideas.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:30 pm

"If that's what you want. Do we have time? If we recover during a rest, won't it give that thing time to recover itself too?

...maybe you and I should scout the ruins a little? I've got these boots and you're pretty quiet. We could look and come back. That thing got in your head pretty badly though. If it's still there... Might be too much to risk."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:47 pm

"If we're going back in, we should stick together, if one of us gets got, the rest can hold them back until they get right."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:01 pm

“Do you think we did not destroy it?”

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:08 pm

"There was a black smoke slug thing that I tried to burn up, but didn't get it all."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:31 pm

"There is a chance that said smoke was the essence of the force which raised the undead, or it may be of the entity which controlled it. There is no guarantee that it was put down for good. In fact, I wouldn't count on it.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:45 pm

"I'm sure it didn't since it wiggled its way into the pool after I tried to burn it."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:14 am

((Just for reference, it is around 10 a.m.. Also in 45 minutes or so you could easily hike back out of the valley the ruins are in to make camp where you were the previous night.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:09 am

Ves nods at Kroshav, feeling rather relieved that they'll probably stay together at least.

"I don't know what we should do. That thing... It's beyond my understanding but I hate the idea of leaving it here to lure people in. If you intend to try and destroy it, I'll help."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:36 am

"Speaking of luring people in, that map was clearly a trap. Disappearing means it's not normal, either. Do we think we'll be able to find our way back here without trouble if we don't have that?"
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:25 am

"Yes, definitely. Unless the temple disappears, I can bring us back here."

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:43 am

On the map there was a smaller building to the SW of the big temple. How intact was it? was it fully walled or was it missing large parts of its structure?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:03 am

((No one ever went inside to look but the south and parts of the west and east walls were intact. Wait...Ruby flew over so you know that the building was split into two rooms. Parts of the north room's north and NE walls had fallen in but the south room's walls were more or less intact.))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:12 am

Jaq thinks for a bit and states, "Well, I guess I'm torn on what to do. I certainly don't want to do anything that'll get us in more trouble here, but; I'm thinking it's going to cost me quite a donation to some temple to get this hand back to normal. And we didn't really find anything here yet to pay for that. How about we go and check out the smaller building southwest of the large temple. If nothing else, maybe we can find something inside that we can sell in some town."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:15 am

"As long as we are staying together..."

((Essentially, if Jolly is mopey, and refuses to budge, not leaving him.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:36 am

Jolly will come along but is still clearly upset. He seems he had had more hopes of this working out than he admitted.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:56 am

"Come on Jolly, on your feet. Might be we can still fix whatever magic's in this place somehow."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:14 pm

Jolly rises and joins Jaq, Ves and Kroshav. They look at Joe and Lurn expectantly.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:11 pm

"Joe, Lurn? What do you think?

If we do leave and go back to town, do we know enough about the magic that did this to Jaq to get him help? And how much gold are we talking to cover the healers' fee anyway?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:17 pm

"Ah ain't sure, but it might be healed. It'll cost quite a bit thou." Joe gets up and follows the group.
arcana [1d20+4] = 4+4 = 8

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:51 pm

Lurn stands to follow, "Sticking together seems like the wise thing... And I will help to cover the healing fees. If it is done at a temple of my faith I expect it would be cheaper too, as to refuse to counteract undeath is to refuse my Lord's doctrine. Likely you would be paying the cost of any materials used and a small donation towards the temple's continued functioning. That said, though, it wouldn't be unwise to ask for healing at the first temple we find."
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:17 pm

"How much are we talking though? Like a few silver? Or will it be gold?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:47 pm

((Would Lurn have any ideas? Or does it seem like this is going to require an art he's not aware of?))
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:49 am

The group begins to slowly move back towards the ruins. The late morning sun does little to make them appear inviting.

((Lurn would know some basic curses are fairly cheap to remove (still gold) but a curse put on someone by a source of unknown power? Probably going to need an expert, and experts tend to be spendy.

What are you doing? Heading straight in or?))