Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:14 pm

Casting an eye over the two enemies trying to engage him, Lurn decides to heed the call for his help, Disengaging and heading for where Jaq had yelled for him.

That should... Who all would that bring Lurn in sight of? There are a couple of downed people around, but I don't actually know who Lurn can see past the tent, either before or after moving. If he can see an unconscious ally at any point, they get an immediate Spare The Dying. If he only sees Fadris, he'll Spare her instead. "A couple of annoyances coming. Was there anything specific I was called for?"

Fand should stick close to Lurn. Indra... Indra's on the same side as Jaq and Kroshav, right? If I'm not mistaken on that, she can move south a little and get ready to intercept the hobs and bugbears.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:35 pm

Last map, Jolly has moved before Lurn's turn one space to the east otherwise it still holds. Indra is on the opposite side from Jaq and Kroshav. If Lurn goes to the west I can get him to right south of where Jaq currently is but he won't be able to see anyone who needs to be stabilized - Fadris is on the NW side of the tent and Ern is on the NE. Indra is standing beside Ern.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:40 am

Jaq was the one who called for him, so Lurn will be heading that way. Fand's in a bad place, though, so instead of following the big guy he should back off towards the others to his north, while Indra will still move south to help down there.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:12 am

Jesp sets his maul's head in the blazing tent nearby as he reaches into his pouch and pulls out a few bits of clothe. He gives the bloodied body of Fadris a once over before expertly applying the makeshift bandage and some pressure to the smaller wounds to stop most of the bleeding before he uses the straps on the hob's armor to tourniquet her injured limbs. Taking his maul from the fire he use it to sear shut a few of the larger wounds, which smells about like you'd expect. The dwarf's thorough work looks to have stabilized the general. Before he moves away to head to the south (ending up just north of Jaq) he scoops up and stows the general's warhammer, "Just in case she wakes up, eh?"

On the other side of the tent Amar replicates the dwarf's actions, with far more care and far less burning, on Ern. Using actual bandages he manages to stabilize the downed ranger.
Initiative:
Arbelm
Mixsquad
Team Lurn
Team Jesp
Jaq<-----
NE hobsquad
First General Fadris (KO)
Ginrak (???)
Team Kroshav
Last edited by Rodgeir on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:56 am

(So, are all allies over by Kroshav now stabalized?)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:15 am

((Yep, only Kroshav was needing stabilizing there. Also it's your turn, I didn't update the turn order by mistake!))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:09 am

To Lurn, "Kroshav is now back up, but he and others up there are still pretty hurt." (Sorry Lurn, I though more were unconscious up there)

Jaq will move 10 feet south and take a shot at the enemy in melee with Fand
Arrow attack: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20

long attack/advantage: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24

_: 1D8+6+2D6 = [6]+6+[3, 6] = 21

He will then move to the small tent to the west stop directly in front of the opening (If it is closed, right next to the opening if it is open) and then use cunning action to hide.
Stealth: 1D20+9 = [8]+9 = 17

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:13 am

((Well Fadris was unconscious too but I wouldn't think Jaq would call her a friend :).

You mean Dama right? Fand is just north of her and has a pair of hostiles on her.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:26 am

Kroshav moves south 30ft around the west side of the tent and hurls a javelin a the nearest hob.

Javelin: 1D20+7 = [17]+7 = 24
1D6+5 = [6]+5 = 11

Celus and Jolly attack the cleric (action surge for Jolly if he needs it).

Dama disengages and scurries west to join Kroshav.

((Ideally getting him or someone else between her and the enemy, but not sure if she's got enough move.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:20 pm

(Yes, whichever of those has the two hostiles on her and needs a bit of help. Dama it is!)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:41 pm

The bugbear positioned south of Dama's attention is pulled away from the tiefling as the hobgoblin beside him grunts, stumbles into him before falling to the ground. The bugbear looks around nervously but doesn't spot the arrow's source or notice as a nearby tent's flaps close.

The nearest of the two fleeing warriors pause at whatever the cleric said turn back to assist, also noticing the reinforcements from the south. The cleric doesn't stick around, however, and disengages and moves to the northeast clutching her ribs and favoring her sliced side. As she shambles away she whispers something and waves in red hob's direction and the hob glows slightly for a moment and an arrow pops out of his shoulder and the wound heals.

The green hobgoblin yells something to his companions before stepping wide of Celus and then quickly coming up behind the half elf, by passing Jolly. He stands menacingly while purple and red both turn back to join him. Once the three close they attack almost simultaneously and Celus, showing remarkable speed, manages to block the blow from green hob while sliding out of the way of red hob's slash. Unfortunately the third blade slices deep into his thigh.
Fadris lays where she was left while Ginrak...?

Kroshav moves south and puts a javelin right under the nearest hob's shield into his stomach. The hob stumbles and pulls it out. He looks unwell but he doesn't appear ready to die just yet.

Initiative:
Arbelm
Mixsquad
Team Lurn
Team Jesp
Jaq
NE hobsquad
Ginrak (???)
Team Kroshav<-----

((Guessing you have an update for Celus and Jolly's actions Spider?))

Map
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:12 pm

((Yeah, any of the three on Celus and Jolly hurt? Considering Celus shoving green into the burning tent and them both attacking red.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:20 pm

((They are all hurt, a quick glance wouldn't show who is the most hurt though.

I'd let you use one of Celus attacks to try and push green into the fire. It's going to be contested but Celus has got a +8 to athletics if that helps you decide.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:31 pm

((Yup, shove Green in, attack Red along with Jolly (action surge).))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:08 pm

Without looking behind him, Celus slams his armored elbow into green hob's chest with a clank. The hob tries to keep his position but stumbles back into the conflagration that is the tent with a yelp, followed by a scream. Not sparing green hob a glance, Celus steps forward and slices into red hob.

Jolly is a little in awe of Celus and does his best but unfortunately his best is no where near good enough has red hob blocks both the humans blows with his shield.
Arbelm watches her squad scatter and leave her alone with the general and her arms full. She sets the chest down and her pack before pulling out some rope and working to wrap the rope around the chest and then the lower loops of her pack. It is hasty work, it is going to set awkward and slow her but she'll have her hands free. As she works she calls in elven then dwarven,

"Form up west of the tent."

A distant shout of, "For the Duchy!" Is audible to those on the east of the tent.

The now unattended bugbear looks to east, then at the burning tent surrounded by a number of bodies but deciding it may be a good time to find it's freedom and runs off to the southwest. The hob and bugbear pair are still focused and the hob sends the bugbear in first to attack Kroshav before following himself. Neither of the pair are able to get through the dragonborn's defenses.
Initiative:
Arbelm
Mixsquad
Team Lurn<-----
Team Jesp
Jaq
NE hobsquad
Ginrak (???)
Team Kroshav
Last edited by Rodgeir on Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:09 pm

Lurn sticks close to Arbelm, casting Toll The Dead on the hob trying to engage Kroshav. With the southern enemies dead, fleeing, or pulled away, Indra moves to help Celus and Jolly with their enemies, while Fand hangs back, nervously ready to stab enemies that get too close.

Toll The Dead: 1D12 = [2] = 2
1D8 = [4] = 4
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:02 am

The hob next to Kroshav's face twists in pain as he feels the bells lightly toll for him. Indra joins in the attack on red hob and deftly skewers him (just south of Jolly). Fand tries to make himself small and holds out his short sword shakily.

Jesp responds to Arbelm,

"Aye, be right back."

Before moving south to be in front of Lurn and attack the nearest hob and missing. Amar scoops up Ern and carries the unconscious man over to where Arbelm called from.
Initiative:
Arbelm
Mixsquad
Team Lurn
Team Jesp
Jaq<-----
NE hobsquad
Ginrak (???)
Team Kroshav
Last edited by Rodgeir on Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:10 am

Before figuring g out the rest ofthe move. What does Jaq see in the tent?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:44 am

((There are four bedrolls, some uncleaned wooden dishes in a corner, a pair of packs, assorted clothes and an empty quiver.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:22 pm

Yeah, Ves will stay up and keep watch so Joe can get a full rest.

Perception: 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17

random: 1D20 = [18] = 18

((I guess you'll need a CON save vs exhaustion for the morning?))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:46 pm

((Yep))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:25 pm

(Sorry. Stuck on plane in storm way longer than anticipated)

Disappointed with the contents of the tent Jaq will pop out and shoot at the enemy on Kroshav.
Then move north towards Arblem
Please roll for me. + 8 with advantage. 1d8 +2d6 damage.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:44 pm

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:22 am

Jaq rolls out of the tent and sends an arrow into the hob facing off against Kroshav. The hob stiffens and tries to turn as he falls.
On the other side of the tent a charred, smoking hobgoblin stubbles out of the burning tent with a roar, slashing at Celus. The other two warriors take the opportunity to strike at the half elf. Celus, expecting the attacks this time easily blocks all three.

The cleric hob flees further to the north east.
Initiative:
Arbelm
Mixsquad
Team Lurn
Team Jesp
Jaq
NE hobsquad
Ginrak (???)
Team Kroshav<-----
---
Ves spends a long, uneventful night on watch. By the time the sun rises she feels a mild headache coming on and generally sluggish from lack of sleep.

(New day! Level 1 exhaustion for Ves! What you two going to do? Just head to town?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:50 am

Jolly and Celus try to finish off Green, before turning their attentions back to Red.

Dama fires on the one on Indra.

Kroshav attacks whichever enemy is closest... But it doesn't go well.

Warpick: 1D20+7 = [1]+7 = 8
1D8+7 = [2]+7 = 9
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler