Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:38 am

(The alchemist didn't answer Joe's question)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:30 am

((Wasn't clear it was addressed to him and it seemed largely rhetorical...))

Just before the alchemist heads up the tunnel out,

"Indeed, but there is little I can do about what has already happened."
Last edited by Rodgeir on Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:58 am

"Shall we set to searching for those who require urgent aid? It's best if we aren't found around here, regardless."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:21 am

Ves nods and casts a glance to the roofs.

"Hey Jack, where's the Rusty Dagger?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:43 am

((Perception from Ves please, also in the interest of moving along are you okay to wait for your answer from Jaq a bit when NSF can respond?))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:12 am

((If you can tell me that would certainly be quicker, but I don't mind waiting if you'd prefer :) ))

Per: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:30 am

((Well, the Rusty Dagger is pretty notorious and if you've been in town before you'd know it was somewhere in the western slums. More than that Jaq is your guy (at least in the group).))

Ves doesn't spot anyone moving around on the roof tops.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:08 am

((anyone doing anything? Dlover is Lurn going to check the pouch he got from the alchemist?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:06 am

((Ah, I glanced over that as just "oh, that was the apprentice's wallet," forgot he wouldn't know that.))

Checking the pouch, Lurn heads toward the surface, "To begin, let us ensure the people nearby are safe, and move outward from there. Are we all prepared?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:45 am

((All that meta knowledge is hard to keep straight sometimes, especially if it comes at you over a period of a week or more.))

The pouch isn't exceedingly heavy and opening it Lurn finds 20 platinum coins and 20 gold. Ertyl was getting paid quite handsomely not to do his job well. At the surface Lurn gets a feeling of unease at how oddly quiet it is and, unlike the others in his party, is going to have a hard time finding his way around very soon in the darkness.

The leading edges of the fog issuing from the well are beginning to reach where the group is standing. It has already dampened what little noise there was.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:18 am

"This was quite the sum. Splitting it evenly, we each take five platinum and five gold, agreed?"

Once the coins are distributed, Lurn draws out a torch and moves away from the guardhouse before using Light to illuminate the torch.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:30 am

Lurn is heading west, away from the barracks/Prefect's?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:40 am

Yup, to make it less likely people will see him coming from there before he lights the light. Should I roll Stealth? Not expecting much of it with his size, tho. XD
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:49 am

Go ahead if you are trying to be sneaky and roll a perception (with disadvantage due to the darkness) if you are trying to look around as well.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:12 am

Joe looks at the money. "Wow. Ah nev'r seen so much mony in un place. 'E got tha much? 'E had no excuse ta do a poopy job." Joe will follow Lurn (she does not have darkvision so she's following the light spell.)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:30 am

Ves looks over at the unexpected purse.

"I... Wow. Not going to say no to that."

She watches Lurn wander away, and trots after him.

"Hey, where are you going? We should at least arrange a place to meet up later, no? I've got a couple of stops I want to check in on at the warehouses and then some pub I heard about. Jack probably knows where it is, but he's lost in thought at the moment."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:02 am

((I'd like to roll, but the roller I use, Coyotecode, seems to be down. Anyone got alternatives?))

"To seek out those who need aid, of course. It is hardly as though I know this city, so I would not be able to find a place easily."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:24 am

((Hm. I use Coyote too. Mort has one too... somewhere. Let me see if I can find it again.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:55 am

"Soooo.... What? You're just going to take off on your own then? Sticking together seems the smarter plan."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:09 am

Mort's roller:
https://poke-roller.herokuapp.com/rolls/new

((Under Basic Roll: Give it a name then add your roll in Raw roll - like 1d20+modifier.

Rolled a nat 20 off the bat so that's always a good sign.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:37 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = [18] = 25
Stealth: 1d20+1 = [12] = 13

"Is there reason for us to remain together? The city is hardly a bandit den, and with the mist taking effect the humans will not be violent any longer."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:04 pm

"Maybeh, but Ah dinnae like tha idea o splittin up n not findin' each oth'r. Tha n if un wakes up, thay'd be quick ta point fing'rs at tha 'uman n 'alflin tha be up n movin' fer 'causin' this mess'"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:58 pm

Ves cocks her head at the big firbolg and talks through her handkerchief at him.

"...You literally just said you don't know your way around town. I mean, it's cool if you don't want to hang out with us, but, you know... You're taking that guy down there at his word that this isn't going to turn into a complete shitshow as folk start waking up, AND that his potion is even going to work. Honestly, I don't trust him. This whole thing might have been an honest mistake, but he's been dealing in some messed up shit to begin with and I don't think his morals are quite where they should be. I'll be amazed if this town recovers as quick as it fell, and even if it does, theyre going to need someone watching out for them for the next few hours while that happens. You never taken care of a really drunk friend? This is like that, but like... a whole town's worth of folk."

It's all a bit muffled.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:23 pm

"And you are proposing I leave those in need of tending to die while we visit a tavern?"
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:18 am

((Give me another roll Dlover since its at disadvantage for Lurn in the growing darkness and mist.))