Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 14, 2019 11:54 am

((no I thought I was attacking the one next to her that she was hitting last time. Unless that's a different one? Either, way, shell hit the closest one first and then move on if it dies))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue May 14, 2019 12:04 pm

Ves moves north a step and slams her staff into skeleton 31's right side before throwing a knee into it's left side. Kroshav turns and finishes the tottering skeleton off with a blow that splits it from shoulder to leg.

The fire skeleton moves forward and swings it's axe at Kroshav, catching him in an armpit and biting deep and burning briefly.
► Show Spoiler
Jolly moves out from behind Lurn and looks outside yelling,

"More of outside... can't see how many!"

Initiative:

Ves (30 hp)
Kroshav (22 hp)
Fire skeleton
Jolly
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (14 hp)
Melee
Range
Joe (8 hp) <-----

Map!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 14, 2019 12:16 pm

"Shit... Where are they coming from?! We need to find somewhere we can defend!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Alrighty, Joe will shatter as many as she can again.

Shatter dc 12 for hlaf [3d8] = 16

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 14, 2019 12:46 pm

((it's Jaq now, right?))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue May 14, 2019 12:47 pm

((Yep, but gonna be about half hour before I can update. Everyone will have heard the shatter again.))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue May 14, 2019 1:46 pm

Joe picks a spot she can see just north of skeleton 22 in front of her and quickly utters the words of her spell. The air at that spot seems to contract and darken for a moment before a deafening, invisible wall of sound expands outwards. Skeleton 22 simply disintegrates spraying Joe with bone and clothe bits, skeleton 7 just manages to get its shield up which blocks some of the concussive wave. Skeleton 21 has no shield and takes the full brunt of the blast. Neither of the surviving skeletons look to be in good shape and Joe is fairly sure her ears are never going to stop ringing.
► Show Spoiler
Jolly calls back to Ves,

"Joe just blew one of them up somehow...maybe see three left out there?" ((He is still dodging))

Initiative:

Ves (30 hp)
Kroshav (22 hp)
Fire skeleton
Jolly
Jaq (13 hp) <-----
Lurn (14 hp)
Melee
Range
Joe (8 hp)

Map!

((Added a third map with everything that you can see. No one sees any additional skeletons approaching beyond what has already engaged. The blue pool is on a raised dais and the stairs down are directly south from it.))
Last edited by Rodgeir on Wed May 15, 2019 1:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 14, 2019 1:48 pm

"Is Joe doing ok?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue May 14, 2019 1:59 pm

"Uh...she's movin'? Pretty gods damned bloody and so is Jaq."

((Edited post above))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 14, 2019 3:11 pm

"Shit... Kroshav, Lurn - think you can take care of these things for a minute? I'm going to help Joe and Jaq."

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue May 14, 2019 6:26 pm

Longbow attack: 1d20+7 = [11] = 18
Arrow Damage: 1d8+5+1d6 = [2] = 10

Jaq targets the skeleton right next to Joe, (#26 and gets sneak damage as its within melee with Joe)
he then yells at the Archer skeleton, "You better get me." and then he moves back behind the statue for the most cover he can get.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 15, 2019 2:28 am

"Leave seven to two so that it can be three on three? Hope you can run all the way over there in time? Seems like a questionable plan, but sure. Putting undead to rest is one of my duties, after all, so I'll hold them all here if I have to." The large man chuckles as he makes a repeat of the last bout, Lurn's spiritual blade makes a swing at Skeleton 10 while making a more direct attempt on #2. "I'd rather not deal with all this alone, though. Think you can handle the frontline, Kroshav? So long as I don't get too filled with arrows I can preserve you for a while... Jolly, when you get a chance, do me a favour and grab the crossbow from my pack. Does me little good, but having you shooting at them will keep you safer in the long run than hiding."

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20+5+2 = [7] = 14 1d8+5 = [2] = 7
Toll The Dead (Damaged): 1d12 = [9] = 9
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 15, 2019 3:01 am

((Skeleton 2 is unhurt but skeleton 8 has taken damage. Okay to shift to that one?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 15, 2019 3:53 am

((Isn't Skeleton 2 the one I just dealt 2 damage to on my last turn?))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 15, 2019 4:22 am

Dlover wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:01 am Waving his mace in the direction of the skeleton beside Kroshav to have the spiritual weapon attack it, Lurn turns his attention to the crossbow skeleton above him.
((I misread that to mean the crossbow skeleton 8 above (to the north) of Kroshav! Didn't even occur to me that you meant 2! I will switch the damages around.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 15, 2019 4:26 am

((That's a reasonable bit of confusion. Thankfully it isn't really making any difference. XD ))
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 15, 2019 4:48 am

Jaq fires a well aimed shot that removes a fair sized chunk of skeleton 26 but it still turns its attentions to Joe. Skeleton 21 moves south to get a better shot at Jaq but hits the statue instead. Skeletons 7 and 26 both hack down on Joe and both axes bounce of an invisible shield.
► Show Spoiler
Lurn directs his floating blade to finish skeleton 10 with a cut that removes its head before gesturing at skeleton two and watching bones splinter.

Wis save: 1d20-1 = [13] = 12

Skeleton 9 sights on Ves and the string to its bow snaps as it draws. Skeleton 6 joins in targeting Ves and finds its mark ((going to deflect the missile?)). Skeleton 8 continues to fiddle with its crossbow seemingly unable to get it functioning. Skeleton 25 steps up to Ves and makes two vicious swings with its long sword that she is able to twist and dodge to avoid. Behind her skeleton 2 fires a shot at Lurn that is far off the mark, likely due to the odd twisted angle of one of its arms.
► Show Spoiler
Initiative:

Ves (30? hp)
Kroshav (22 hp)
Fire skeleton
Jolly
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (14 hp)
Melee
Range
Joe (8 hp)<-----

Map!
Last edited by Rodgeir on Wed May 15, 2019 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 15, 2019 5:35 am

Yes, Joe will shield. "Could use a bit o help here!"

Joe pulls out her dagger and stabs at the skelly that looks poor in health and flanking her.
Dagger [1d20+6] = 13+6 = 19[1d4+4] = 3+4 = 7

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 15, 2019 6:21 am

Joe unleashes her fury on skeleton 7 to her north and stabs her way through its knees and then chest leaving only a mangled pile of lifeless bone.

((Only two visible skeletons left outside))

Initiative:

Ves (30? hp) <-----
Kroshav (22 hp)
Fire skeleton
Jolly
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (14 hp)
Melee
Range
Joe (8 hp)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 15, 2019 6:57 am

((Will Kroshav have half cover from the archer on the stairs to the north if he moves west 5ft?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 am

((Yes))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 15, 2019 7:35 am

He'll move there then and swing at the fire skeleton, channeling the power of his faith into the strike.

Attack: 1d20+7 = [19] = 26
Damage: 1d8+7 = [8] = 15 piercing

Divine Smite: 3d8 = [8, 8, 1] = 17 radiant
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 15, 2019 7:38 am

((Dex save please!))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 15, 2019 7:41 am

((Nope! ))
1d20 = [4] = 4
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed May 15, 2019 10:58 am

Seeing Joe taking care of her business well, and only one last skeleton bothering her, he will target the archer undead.

Longbow attack 1d20+7 = [2] = 9
He will move out to attack and then after move back behind the statue for cover.