Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:50 am

Joe gives her a nod and follows Ves in a brisk pace.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:08 pm

After about half hour Charlie is as checked out as Kroshav can accomplish and he still has an hour and a half, should he want to do anything but rest and grab lunch from what looks to be a serving as the lunch wagon.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:37 pm

"Ooo! Lunch!", Kroshav gives Charlie a final pat trots over to the lunch wagon, getting in line and holding out his mess kit when it's his turn.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:55 pm

There isn't much of a line and the woman dishing out does a double take while she loads Kroshav up with a thick soup. Looks to mostly beans and peas? Definitely something that made it green. Smells okayish. The woman nods to a barrel filled with white brown pucks the size of his palm. The woman gives the parting advice,

"Take two. Be sure ta soak'm or ya crack a tooth."

There are a few small groups of conscripts eating scattered around.

((If Kroshav ever wants to actually look for Enrud you can roll a perception.))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:25 pm

Jaq just continues to stay quiet near Lurn and watches the proceedings of the identification and follow up questions. He perks up when Lurn asks about the cost of ID'ing something personal. "Lurn, you want me to go with you for that, or go back to the other area of the camp?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:06 pm

Kroshav doesn't spot Enrud, so finds a stump or the like to sit on and have his lunch of okay smelling green goop and white/brown pucks, being sure to stick them in the goop for a while to soften them.

Perception: 1D20+1 = [3]+1 = 4
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:34 pm

"I'll be waiting, then."

Taking in Jaq's question, the firbolg moves off to the road, "You can go about your business if you'd like; it seems the people here can at least tell that I'm not a hobgoblin, even if they don't know what I am. Probably wouldn't expect to see a blue hob walking around their army in broad daylight. How about you, Jolly?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:38 pm

Jolly, straightens slowly from leaning against a nearby wagon and shakes his head,

"Nah, don't think ya are a hob either." Doesn't seem like he was listening too very closely. "Thinking about seeing if they got any lunch. Looks to be something going on over that way. See ya back at our spot. Or ya could just yell."

The trio separate (unless Jaq goes with one of them), Jolly towards a potential meal and Lurn to loiter by the road.

Kroshav gives a cursory look around for Enrud but is eager to start his food adventure! The little white brown rocks manage to suck the little moisture that was in the soup away and turn into an approximation of biscuits. The now solid soup is almost completely devoid of flavor beyond that of salt but is filling. As Kroshav works on his lunch Jolly joins him with a nod and begins eating as well.

Mory shows up closer to ten minutes than five and gets right to business with Lurn speaking quickly and quietly,

"Okay, how does 10 gold per item sound? I got to split it with the other two or they will rat me out. Also I can identify one or two things now, otherwise the Yermin and Asandra might miss me...well Asandra at least. If you somehow are packing more than that it'll have to wait until after dinner."
Last edited by Rodgeir on Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:21 pm

"Only the one thing." Fishing ten gold coins from his pouch, Lurn slips the amber ring from his finger, holding out the ring and coins.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:52 pm

Mory pockets the coins as he moves to a spot he can sit. He peers at the ring and flicks it before shrugging and repeating the process from earlier while Lurn waits the ten minutes. The pearl glows briefly and Mory nods a little, tongue sticking slightly out as he seems to be thinking through something. Mory stands and stretches before handing the ring back.

"Okay, so since this is off the books you aren't getting a write-up like before along with a seal. It is called the Shielding Ring, not a great name but its pretty descriptive."

Mory starts to head in the direction Jolly went to get lunch and says over his shoulder,

"Oh and no curses that I could sense. Tell your friends about me, but you know, make sure they are cool with the arrangement. I get in trouble you get in trouble."

((Shielding ring, has a maximum of 4 charges of the Shield spell. Currently has 3 charges. It recharges 1 charge when its attuned wearer takes damage equal to or greater than 20% of its total HP in a slashing, piercing, bludgeoning attack.))
Last edited by Rodgeir on Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:24 am

"I understand. Thank you for your assistance." Slipping his ring back on, Lurn decides to head off to find the quartermaster; that adamantine chainmail was a bit heavy for Jaq, probably wouldn't be suited for himself or Jolly, and Kroshav was already wearing one set, so it wasn't like anyone else was going to use it, and he'd been able to get it identified because of his intention to hand it off to the quartermaster in the first place.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:17 am

Lurn finds the quartermaster sitting on the back of a much emptied wagon dipping a brown and white disk into something green and sludgy. He looks up and gives a nod of acknowledgement as he pulls up the disk to give it a tentative gnawing. Apparently finding it too hard to eat he sets the bowl and disk aside.

"Ya get that armor figured?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:43 am

"I did indeed. Adamantine, no curses. The sense of magic is apparently just because the metal itself is sort of magic." The large man fishes out the armour from his pack, as well as the note from the wizard, offering both to the quartermaster.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:04 am

The quartermaster has Lurn set it beside him on the wagon as he takes the paper and reads it while rubbing his fingers over the burnt bit.

"Aight. So if you are back I figure you still mean to sell." He puts the paper behind him on the wagon before hopping down and inspecting the armor and giving it a lift. "Not much heavier than the steel version seems." He pulls out a small dagger and works it in between a few links and leans in before pulling back and checking for damage, nodding and saying to Lurn,

"Can offer you 350 gold for it. That work?"

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:06 am

Jaq will leave Lurn to his business and he looks to get breakfast with the others. He will join Jolly and Kroshav.
After tasting the breakfast he comments, "I guess it does what it is supposed to do, feeds you for the morning, but it's not like Ves' food." he slowly eats the rest of the breakfast.
"When in the woods today I'll keep an eye out if I can forage something that might be added to the meals to make them a bit more exciting from now on."
Survival: 1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:10 am

((*Lunch and it isn't clear you will be going out into the woods. If Jaq wants to do something like that he will need to speak to his Corporal!))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:42 am

(He won't go out searching anywhere far beyond where he is stationed. He will be where he is supposed to be, and then just pace/wander within an allowable distance. Looking at bushes/whatnot that are within his area.)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:10 am

"That sounds like a fair offer to me. It's a sight easier than carrying around the armour, too, so I'll gladly agree to it."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:21 am

The quartermaster climbs in to the wagon and places the armor on a pile of assorted equipment before pulling out the same book as earlier and writing something in it. He completes another voucher for Lurn and marks it.

"Best not to misplace this one either!"
----
After lunch Jaq moves along the camp perimeter under the watchful eyes of those guarding it. This close to a village he finds things pretty well picked clean.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:28 pm

"I'll do my best not to." With his business done, Lurn decides it's about time for him to seek out a meal, having nothing else to attend to.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:43 pm

Kroshav waves Lurn over if he spots him.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:59 pm

Lurn gets the same delightful meal as everyone else and spots Kroshav waving him over to where he and Jolly are sitting. Jolly, having apparently not followed the advice that the biscuits needed soaking in his soup, seems to have decided to try pouring water on them.

((Still have about an hour before you need to be back to your spot for training. If you are not interested in doing anything specific we can jump to it.

Joe and Ves are just walking and are still slightly ahead in time, I will get back to them but I don't want the times to spread too much of I get confused.))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:09 am

Jaq has nothing else he wants to do at this time.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:11 am

Kroshav would make small talk with any of the squad that join them, but otherwise is content.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:22 am

Hm... Once he's eaten, Lurn would want to check up on the state of the camp's infirmary, possibly stabilise anyone who desperately needs it, via Spare the Dying and, if that doesn't work, Prayer of Healing, but he'd conserve his spells where they're not necessary; the camp's own healers are likely capable enough.
My game:

My characters: