UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:35 pm

"Ah rath'r na risk it meself without knowin' it'd work first."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:01 pm

The alchemist turns back to the group after not getting a response from Ertyl.

"Pardon me, I need to see how our preparations are going. Lurn was it? Keep the mixture safe a moment. Or pour it in the well yourself, it doesn't really matter who does it."

He heads back to his lab leaving the four of you alone.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:36 pm

"I don't trust them and I don't like any of this... i can't shake the feeling that were being set up... hey Jack? Who was it told you to get that key and come down here anyway? Do you trust them?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:42 pm

"Want me ta keep an eye on 'im?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:12 am

Lurn shrugs, "What tests can we do? If it is dangerous the test would incapacitate us all and leave them free to use it on the rest of the city."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:04 am

"Well I don't know! I'm just a guide! But these two give me a bad feeling. Like, why can't we find someone sleeping and test it in them while we're not there? One test first, and THEN we dose the entire city."

((Not super fussed about how we progress forward ooc here, Ves would just like a bit more reassurance that this isn't going to be terrible)).

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:21 am

Joe nods and hands Ves Ruby. "'E should alert ye if Ah am in dang'r." She sneaks off to follow the two.
Stealth: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:52 am

Joe finds both Ertyl and Re'Elmin talking, neither seem to have noticed her. She catches them mid-conversation.

Ertyl says,

"... everything is going to be loaded into boxes within about 10 minutes, master."

The alchemist responds,

"Good, good. After we get back home we are going to have a discussion about your following directions Ertyl. When I give specific instructions you are to follow them, no shortcuts. How can you expect to be an alchemist in your own right!"

Ertyl, for his part, seems contrite,

"I am sorry master. Do you think the Prefect will pursue us? If what they (gestures towards the group) said is true elves were impacted."

The alchemist wanders over to where a construct is packing a box.

"Maybe Ertyl. The Prefect is not known as a forgiving sponsor and we will make an excellent target for any incident. He certainly won't protect us - we have failed to produce the results he wanted."
Last edited by Rodgeir on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:11 am

Joe watches them in silent, wary of them.

(I am not sure if she can use telepathy with Ruby to give messages to the group, since he has mimicry)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:01 am

((That would beyond even a generous reading of mimicry's "simple sound" rule, so nope. I am good with single, short words though. For instance Run, No, Jump, Yes and, since this is based on a raven stat block, Nevermore.))
Last edited by Rodgeir on Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:15 am

thinkslogically wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:36 pm "I don't trust them and I don't like any of this... i can't shake the feeling that were being set up... hey Jack? Who was it told you to get that key and come down here anyway? Do you trust them?"
"A leader of the town's theive's guild. Nope, I"m not a member. But met some with everything that was going on in Stenrek today. They seemed to be the only ones, other than you three, that were awake, unaffected, and actually trying to help the town. Unlike the Prefect's Elves, who, once again, were only helping themselves."

"I don't think we have a choice but to trust them at this point. They seem to just have been doing their job, I don't feel they were lying to us."

(I'll be out of the country on vacation tonight until the end of the month. I will still have SOME net access, but only by phone when I have WIFI. I will post when I can, but will not be able to use coyotecode decently, so please roll for me. I don't know how much free time I'll have, please don't hold up on my account, just autopilot Jaq as needed. He will want to make sure his father is all right. And he will not really care about the feelings or cares of the Prefect and his men at all at this point. He just wants Stenrek safe at this point)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:21 am

Ves thinks for a bit and then nods.

"It's your family out there. I think you should be the one to decide. If you want to do this, we'll do it."

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:23 am

"Let us see what Joe finds from her following them, and then decide."

"If she doesn't find them up to no good, then I'll pour it into the well myself."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:36 am

Ves nods and waits, seemingly distracted.

Rodgeir:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:16 pm

Joe will wait and see if she can get more information from them before going back, trusting Ves's jusgement more than her own.
(That's fair)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:47 pm

Thinks
► Show Spoiler
The alchemist finishes poking around the box filled with books and says to Ertyl,

"I am going to my room to gather a few things." He hums a bit inside his mask as he heads to the door but at the door he pauses and says, "Ertyl?"

Ertyl looks up from his packing of bottles and responds, "Master?"

"Your stipend for the last month, I am going to need that back." Ertyl stops packing bottles and, grumbling, reaches into a hidden pocket and pulls out a fairly sizeable bag. He walks slowly to the alchemist and hands it over. The alchemist turns and continues walking, humming.

((Unless Joe does something she will be discovered, there is no cover in the hallway. She doing anything?))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Ves smiles in puzzled surprise and opens her eyes again. She waits for the others to come back.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:33 pm

(What way does the door swing? Is there a medium or larger object in/near the hallway?)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:15 pm

((Swings in towards the bookshelves and there is nothing in the hallway but smooth stone walls and floors.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:30 am

Joe decides to take a stand in the hallway. "Sorry, but ye endang'r'd lives o' tha folk outs'de. 'N more importly ye are tryin' ta run 'fore ye even see tha effects workin'. Ah dinnae tell ye about tha mess yer appr'ntice made so ye can run from yer probl'ms."

(So is there nowhere to hide to? She still have the bucket of water from earlier? )

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:47 am

((No where, her options were to try and run back around the corner or maybe to fake arrive. Unless you have some magic solution. Going to say no to the bucket of water, wouldn't have been reasonable to run around with it.))

The alchemist pauses on opening the door, surprised to find Joe there. Ertyl looks around him at Joe.

"I've been quite clear about my intention to fix the issue caused by Ertyl. I am not sure what more you require? You've had the solution I have provided for a good while now and have chosen to do nothing with it. If it is not successful I have offered to formulate a new mixture, but we will not remain here indefinitely."

Ertyl says sourly,

"And you couldn't stop us even if you tried."

The alchemist waves his gloved hand reassuringly back at Ertyl,

"That is not the way you should talk to those that gave us a warning that almost certainly saved our lives."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:56 am

"Ah want ye ta tell tha folk what ye told me tha Pref'ct want'd ye ta create, aft'r they'd be cur'd. Nay just elv's eith'r, all of tha differn't types o folks. They willnae list'n ta me but they may list'n ta ye."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:13 am

The alchemist slowly shakes his head,

"I am not sure what you mean? My contract with the Prefect is public record, it details the agreement made. I would offer you my copy but I am... unsure of its location." He looks at Ertyl who shrugs.

"In any case, a citizen of the Duchy may request to see it or an certified official copy, as is the case anywhere in the Duchy. I am an honest citizen of the Empire and, granted rights in the Duchy, as such and would never violate its laws like you seem to be implying! What is a problem is that the Prefect has a... history of not tolerating failure and the contract is somewhat...punitive in such cases."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:23 am

"'Ow would one get to ta record? Could non elves obta'n it? If it ain't easy then people aren't likely ta know wha be goin' on. Ah just want tha folks in tha city know what tha pref'ct wants.

Nay offence but tah pref'ct sounds like a butt. Ah dinnae want ye kill'd fer an accid'nt."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:20 am

((Joe and Jaq would know they could put in a request at town hall. They would also know that non-elves have recently (last 5 years) been granted the right to do so. That being said only citizen of the Duchy in the group is Jaq if Joe is from the Protectorate. Where is Lurn from again?))

"He is rather unforgiving."