Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:27 pm

The tiefling looks up at Ves and wheezes out,

"I dunno her name. She is some rich guys daughter. Brand said we could ransom her. Get rich, be done riskin' our lives on the roads."

He coughs and goes into the fetal position, sobbing.

"I think you broke my guts."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:36 pm

"Can't say I'm feeling too sorry about that."

Ves turns to indicate the wound in her side that the tiefling gave her.

"Well, I guess you can explain yourselves to the rich guy when he gets here. I'm sure he'll love to hear about your dislike of honest work."

To the group: "I'm done with this lot. Bunch of idiots who aren't worth our time. I say we knock them back out and leave them for the elves."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:36 pm

"Ah will be fine with tha, o takin' 'em to tha guards."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:49 am

((NSF and Dlover?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:01 am

((Huh. Apparently I've either not seen the indicator that there were unread posts or it's just not shown up for a few days now.))

"I ill like the idea of simply leaving them bound. They may be able to untie themselves and take the girl again. What guards would be conscious to guard them, though? Those at the prefect's grounds would likely have little care for the matter, so it would be to the guardhouse or all the way to the eastern gate where one of them is still conscious. Not ideal either way."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:02 am

Jaq shrugs. "I think we should wait until she wakes up so we are not carrying her around the city. We do not want to be mistaken as kidnappers. She awakens, then we can explain it to her, and then we take her safely home. Maybe take one of the kidnappers with us?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:16 am

"Tha sounds reas'n'ble, but if she wakes up tha means tha guards be wakin up as well. We can get them to tha guards n 'ave em deal with em."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:15 am

"Aye, and why would anyone believe that we weren't responsible for doing it? I say we cut our losses, take the girl back to where she belongs and wash our hands of the whole business. There are more folk in this town who need help.

As for this lot... Well make sure they're tied securely, but if they somehow manage to escape, then that's their luck. Oh! I left a note for the Rich Elf saying where to find them. And us, if wait here too long!"

Ves is restless.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:20 pm

The mist has risen over the local rooftops as the group decides what to do next. It is harder to see as the fog grows more dense and it is noticably damp now, like you would expect with a heavy fog. One of the bandit's torches gutters out where it was dropped.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:05 pm

"Urgh."

Ves pulls her travellers cloak around her a bit more tightly to keep out the damp and grumbles. Looks like the fog might make this decision for them...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:55 pm

"Ye can go if ye want, but Ah dinnae intend ta let these bandits free, 'pessly not so close to tha girl. Ah want ta make sure she'd be safe."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:22 pm

"I don't think I want to be around when this one's family comes looking. Who's going to take the word of three outsiders and an elf who steals important folks' identities? I'm going for a walk. See you in a while.

Oh! And don't peg this on me, eh?"

Ves heads out into the fog and climbs up onto a roof where the air's just a little clearer and sits down where she can see the road, or at least maybe lights coming down it. She feels better being outside, and wonders if she could find her way back to the warehouse where she left that worker collecting bodies.

((How hard does Ves think it'd be to travel in the fog?))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:46 pm

(How did ves find that out? I don't remember anything like that coming up? Unless that was when he was at the gate, which I assumed it was more of a code word?)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:22 pm

((She heard him introduce himself as the fake name at the Prefect's and called him by it later. He confessed that his real name was Jaq and the one she heard him use was "borrowed"))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:01 pm

"Hm, I agree that we should not just wait around. Tie them well, take the girl back to her home, and be on our way. One of the thugs escaped, too, so he may return with more forces."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:54 pm

"Can ye take 'er? I cannae lift 'er." Joe ties up the bandits tightly as she could.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:26 am

((Ves knows it can't be too far away but she thinks it would be fairly difficult to find her way back without needing to retrace her steps. Even then there could be a chance she'd miss it.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:58 am

"Indeed I can. Let us go." Lurn carefully lifts the elf girl, heading back to where she was taken from.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:11 am

((Soooo, Ves is on a roof, Joe and Lurn are heading back to the shop with the girl and Jaq is...?))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:34 am

Jaq will reluctantly agree and go with Joe and Lurn.
He will double check and make sure the bonds on the kidnappers is tight.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:41 am

After securing the bandits and leaving them on the street Joe, Jack and Lurn head back to the shop the girl was found in. Ves remains on the roof considering her options.

((Perception from everyone please, Ves has some questions for Jaq as well.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:58 am

Ves will follow them if they're leaving. She just didn't want to stay put for too long feeling trapped.

As the others head out, Ves drops down from the roof, checks that the thugs are well secured and follows along to the shop.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:59 am

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:15 am

My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:25 am

Jaq will answer Ves' question and give her the best description he can of where the tavern is located.Perception: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3