Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:51 pm

”Hmm. That maybeh possible. One mom’mt Ah want ta try somethin’.”
Joe turns around and pulls out the mirror and says the command word, thinking about Ves.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:15 am

((The brown wyvern is watching Indra and Jolly, who it can see around the burning tent. It is equally interested in the burning tent.

The wyverns could have potentially seen everyone before they landed. Indra and Jolly are very much aware of the brown wyvern and that it is watching them. I will also say that they aren't currently communicating in draconic from what Kroshav can hear of their vocalizations to each other.))
---
Joe pulls out the mirror and says the command word while focusing on Ves. This time the mirror delivers! Sort of... Joe can see Ves. Or more accurately the back of what must be Ves standing beside a shorter person wearing a very dashing, large red hat. As she turns to show Ves what she is seeing the smaller person in the mirror's image also moves.

As with before, the perspective seems like it is from a point around 20' off the ground, and Joe and Ves would put the two figures in the image no more than 50' from that point.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:50 am

Lurn and his party will start slowly backing off, though Lurn himself will wait until everyone else is on the move first, quietly whispering to Kroshav, "I don't suppose you can talk to those things if they start thinking we look like a nice snack?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:21 am

Fand starts moving along with Arbelm, and then Indra begins to slowly start trying to back out of sight of the wyvern. The brown wyvern gives a rumbling hiss as she moves before being distracted by a pair of bugbear and an orc that run to the edge of the tents before quickly backpeddling. The brown wyvern puffs itself up, clearly pleased at having warned off the interlopers.

Jesp waves Ern and Amar ahead to join Fand and Arbelm while he waits until they have made it and follows them.

On the other side of the tent the purple wyvern flaps over to where the slain orcs lay and lands beside them before taking note of the squad members that remain to the north east of the burning tent. It bares its impressively large teeth while it spreads it wings wide and walks towards the group growling, its long tall lashing around it.

The brown wyvern sniffs the bodies in front of it before flapping south of the tent and out of sight. Shortly after it moves loud crunching and ripping noises start.

Initiative:
Arbelm
Team Lurn
Team Jesp
Purple wyvern
Brown wyvern
Jaq<-----
First General Fadris (KO)
Team Kroshav

((The purple wyvern is now 25' south of Dama.))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:58 am

Jaq does not attack the Wyverns at this point. He holds his attack action and will attack and shoot at a wyvern if it attacks one of our group.
He will use his movement to move away as directed. He will use cunning action to hide.
Hiding!: 1D20+9 = [12]+9 = 21

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:35 am

Jaq moves with his bow at the ready.

Initiative:
Arbelm
Team Lurn
Team Jesp
Purple wyvern
Brown wyvern
Jaq
Team Kroshav<-----

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:20 am

Jolly backs up carefully, even with brown behind the tent, and Dama carefully does likewise, fitting an arrow to bowstring.

((If we aren't engaging them, seems we are being 'herded' north? Kroshav and squad begin moving in the direction the rest of the company is going.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:49 pm

The purple wyvern roars at Dama and the rest as they move away and then pulls it's wings in with a decidedly pleased look on its crocodilian face. It turns its head and makes deep, throaty sounds that seem to carry the cadence of words but nothing Kroshav, Jaq or Lurn understand.

Neither of the wyverns pursue the squad. Said wyverns also attract far more attention than those moving away from them so the squad gets 50' away from the tent without incident.

The forest edge is only around 100' to the west but with all the tents it isn't possible to cut straight to the trees.

((Can I get 2 d20s from one of you please.))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:58 pm

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:13 pm

((Can I get perception rolls from you three please!))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:32 pm

Kroshav looks everywhere but where the immediate danger is.

_: 1D20+1 = [5]+1 = 6
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Perception: 1D20+7 = [2]+7 = 9
Hot damn, a bad roll.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:39 pm

"That's... Really weird. Think about Gray again. See if he's still showing up here."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:46 pm

”It maybeh shows closet point in a radi’s to tha person o object ye lookin fer, n abou’ 20 o so feet up.”

Joe concentrates on Grey’s description again and says the command word.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:25 am

((Waiting for Jaq's perception.))
----
The image changes to a stretch of road, the same as it showed the day before. This stretch of road has no one in it but is also from the same, higher than ground level perspective. Ves notes from the shadows of the trees in the image that the perspective is towards the east, rather than to the west (which was evident in the view they just were looking at).

A magpie lands on the side of the road and considers the pair standing in the road. After a few moments of avian inspection it goes about its business of looking for bugs in the tall grass, pair forgotten.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:39 am

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:52 am

((Holy geez guys, a 5 is your best roll?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:06 am

((Yes. Yes it is. We're very much too worried about the wyverns.))
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:10 am

((C'mon, NPCs!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:01 pm

Dama and Jolly's focus is entirely behind the squad, as they have an expletive rich conversation about dragons, Celus is still blinking smoke from his eyes, Jesp's view is limited by his short height and being near the middle of the squad as they move. Arbelm's view of everything south of her is blocked by the bulk of Fadris. Jaq's attention is drawn to the conversation about dragons as Dama uses a colorful word he is pretty sure she just made up but decides it is worth noting. Kroshav meets eyes with a bugbear that quickly decides it wants to take a different route and Lurn is distracted trying to see what havok the hill giants caused.

Shortly put no one is paying attention.

Indra does notice a bit of a gap opening between the distoriented soldiers to the squad's southwest that should make for an easier path out and she calls this out to Arbelm, who being mostly blind in that direction, swings down that way and moves as far as she is able with her loads.
Initiative:
Arbelm
Team Lurn<-----
Team Jesp
Purple wyvern
Brown wyvern
Jaq
Team Kroshav

((Arbelm is heading southwest now in the route Indra indicated.))

Map
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:55 pm

Lurn (and crew) hurries along after Arbelm, coming up alongside her, "Should I take over carrying something?"
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:39 pm

Ves frowns and starts moving forward where the mirror is showing them, looking for signs of tracks or disturbed earth...

Survival: 2D20.LOW(1)+5 = [4, 16]+5 = 9

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:05 pm

Arbelm gladly hands the heavy, limp general off to Lurn and asks,

"You can still cast spells with only one arm?"

Jesp's team moves up around Arbelm and Jesp moves a little past them to take point for the moment. Behind the squad one of the wyverns looses a roar.

Initiative:
Arbelm
Team Lurn
Team Jesp
Purple wyvern
Brown wyvern
Jaq <-----
Team Kroshav

((Arbelm's movement was slowed by carrying the general and chest and would have had a difficult time fighting.))
----
((@Thinks you mean when the mirror was showing Ves and Joe's backs? She doesn't know where the second spot is. And by forward you mean continuing towards town so your back would still be facing the perspective shown in the mirror?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:48 am

"For the most part. So long as I have a hand free to hold my shield or amulet - or anything bearing my Lord's symbol - I can perform the majority of spells. But I won't be able to bring out my mace."
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:00 am

Jaq keeps up with the bulk of the group, but lags behind them by 40 feet following them.
If there is a place to stay concealed, he tries to keep being stealthy. He is very much looking forward to getting the group into the woods.
Stealth: 1D20+9 = [17]+9 = 26