Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:49 pm

The man casts about again but fails to spot Jaq as he slips aside and further away.

Licking his lips nervously he turns, dagger still held in front of him. He casts a glance about and hunkers beside a tent as the soldiers patrolling the edge of the makeshift camp approach (more than 50' away). Looking around again the man's expression of worry turns to a sneer as he tosses the bag inside the tent.

If Jaq does nothing, he waits for the guards to pass before moving quietly away from the tent.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:48 pm

Jaq does nothing and will wait for him to move away from the tent and will then watch and follow him from a slight distance, waiting to see if he begins to pilfer goods again. After about a minute he will try to talk spooky again and say, "Good, now leave the camp!"

Stealth: 2D20.HIGH(1)+11 = [15, 7]+11 = 26

Jaq doesn't really expect the man to leave the safety of the camp for the night, but hopes he scared him straight, at least from stealing for the camp anymore.
If within 5 minutes, he does not steal again, he will head back to Lurn.

((I mean, how upset can Jaq really get with someone pilfering?))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:39 pm

The man stops when Jaq whispers again. He grinds his teeth a long while before yelling at the top of his lungs,

"THIEF! THERE'S A THIEF IN THE CAMP!"

The is an instantaneous, if somewhat scattered, response around the spread out campsites. Some rousing quickly and calling for an explanation and others far more slowly.

The man repeats his shout and answering shouts come from around the camp and, in particular, from the location of the soldiers'. Within a minute there are many torches lit and people are calling out their dismay.

((What is Jaq/Lurn doing during the turmoil? Kroshav and the rest are now awake as well.))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:49 pm

Jaq will make sure the man is looking towards him, so that he does not know who was stalking him. Once he is sure he is not going to know it is him, he will put down the hood to his cloak and then walk normally back to Lurn.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:44 pm

Kroshav will roll out of bed and check with Ealu if she'd been awake and aware on his way over to check in with those of their group that were on guard.

"Lurn, what's up? You see anything?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:27 pm

"Someone was stalking around the camps. Jaq went to investigate, seems like things aren't going to be resolved quietly."

((I feel like you mean "Make sure the man isn't looking towards him," NSF.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:29 am

Jaq slides away unnoticed as a trio of soldiers approaches the man, along with with other individuals. Jaq makes out,

"... didn't see him... threatened to shoot me with a bow..."

Before he leaves earshot and approaches his group's campsite.

Ealu confirms she was awake but not watching or listening in the direction of the camp. She indicates there are predators in the woods! Not close. Really far away actually, but she can smell them and so can Charlie!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:49 am

"Since he's calling out alarm, maybe we should probably have a chat with the soldiers."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:39 am

Joe looks at Cary before back to the dwarven woman. ”Can ye tell us abou’ what happ’ned tha night when ye interacted with tha victim? N wha were ye doin’ last night?”

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:49 am

"Sure.", Kroshav says, grabbing his sword and scabbard and joining Lurn.

"Rest of you keep watch on camp, let Ealu know if you need us to hurry back, she'll let me know. She says there are predators in the woods she and Charlie can smell, but not close. Be alert."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:47 pm

The dwarven woman gives Joe an exasperated sigh.

"Aye slept and aye was sleeping."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:24 pm

Lurn pushes himself upright, letting Jaq have his bag back, and starts over for the soldiers, "I heard some shouting about a thief, you folks need a hand?"
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:02 am

The soldiers are near the half elf man but they are surrounded by a number of talking/yelling, in some cases half drunk, deconscripts. One of the soldiers glances at Lurn as he makes his offer but he doesn't respond as another, louder person demands they recover his pilfered pay voucher.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:06 am

Joe looks at Cary. "So ye think ye can help 'er n get her out o' this situat'n?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:30 am

((Regretting my lack of Thaumaturgy. Kroshav got anything, or is Lurn just going to have to shout?))
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:32 am

((Has Jaq joined up with us? Also, did that brooch end up with Kroshav? No cantrips for this paladin, but he's big and can yell loud/intimidatingly.))

"Doesn't seem that anyone is taking charge of whatever is going on..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:53 am

((I need to update the sheet, but I don't know who ended up with what? You mean the Brooch of Insight and Charm?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:12 am

((Yes, I know I'd expressed interest ooc, but don't recall if he'd ended up with it.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:40 am

(Yep, Jaq gave it the brooch to Krohav. )

Right now Jaq is going to hold back and wait and watch and let the others do what they wish.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:20 pm

((Kroshav would have had time to attune it if he wanted to.))

Things are certainly stirred up and no additional soldiers look to coming to help the first three that showed up. The ones doing the patrols remain on their patrols, giving concerned glances at the ruckus but still try to stay focused on the forest.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:14 pm

Cary states dryly in dwarvish, "I have no interest in being sent down an old mine by a daughter of the Blandbloks clan...So, if she wants help then she needs to if to speak square with me, as I will speak square with her.... and I'll let her previous falsehoods she told the Lieutenant stop and die here and now..."

Cary leans forward and states the false name the dwarf previously gave her eyes drilling into the dwarf. "Really, Back in Thalmir you would be in the work gangs for that 'joke'...I suggest some enthusiastic truth now..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:22 pm

((He would have.))

"What's the trouble?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:22 pm

One of the soldiers says distractedly to Kroshav,

"Apparently someone has been about stealing pay vouchers and coin. This man says he saw them. The rest say they were robbed. Or are belligerent drunks."
---
((Intimidation from Cary with advantage please))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:40 pm

"First thing is for everyone to calm down. Shouting and demanding results are just going to make it harder to find the stolen items. You there," he nods to the man claiming to have spotted the thief, "Where was it that you saw this thief?"
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:22 am

He gestures to a few tents a ways away.

"Over there. Near those tents. Threatened to shoot me when I asked what he was up to. Probably still here. Maybe watching."