Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:23 pm

Jaq just nods as Lurn lectures them, agreeing with the priest.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:01 am

The half elf bristles, perhaps a bit belatedly, at Lurn's insinuating his yelling did nothing.

"They said they were gonna shoot me! Great playing brave and all after the fact and from a distance! Ya only got the one arm but I imagine ya was too busy patting yaself on the back to actually do anything!"

The guards leader waves a hand to cut off anymore argument.

"What's done is done. It looks like we recovered everything. We will handle this tomorrow, after the sun is up. Everyone else get back to bed. Now."

They take the bag and move towards their own camp, to complaints of several individuals that were likely those robbed. Once the soldiers have moved away the half-elf turns his gaze to Lurn and Jaq, eyes narrowed. He notes Jaq's weak arm and Lurn's lack of an arm with an appraising look but pauses on the large heavily armored and armed Kroshav. After a moment he nods towards Jaq and backs away.
----
She is really convincing.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:44 am

Lurn snorts and turns back to their own little camp, "You can see the hostility and nervousness in that man's eyes. Both could be attributed to shock from being threatened and being told he caused the problem, but I've no trust for him."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:12 am

((You could give me an insight for Lurn if you want a deeper check? In fact anyone there could!))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:45 am

((I feel like it's easy enough for Lurn, who clearly saw there was no third figure around, to figure the one shouting about it was the trouble maker, but accusing him won't achieve anything yet.))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:53 am

((Fair enough!))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:41 am

Jaq nods at the guards comments to deal with this in the morning. "Yep, you two should get a bit of sleep yet, if you can and are tired. And Kroshav, remind me that I need to start exercising with my new arm every morning to get it back in shape."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:58 am

Kroshav nods and puts a big hand on Jaq's shoulder.

"Just let me get a few more hours rest, and we'll make sure you get that arm good and exercised! If you're up the rest of the night, you can work on your grip, here, I'll show you something you can do without getting anyone too bothered."

He gives Jaq his warpick, showing him how he can grip the handle tightly with thumb and forefinger, adding the other fingers in a wave, then releasing and gripping with thumb and pinkie, adding the others in a wave going the opposite way.

"Just go easy though, don't want to wear you out too much... we should probably do it a bit slow, morning and night, so once you can draw steady, you're not too tired to still do that. I'm on morning shift, so we can work on some other stuff then, if you want."

<Ealu, you heading back to sleep, or you staying up? Apparently there was a thief in the camp, but they found the stuff they stole. If you're staying up, can you wake me if they need me?>
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:36 am

"I've had my night's rest already, so I'll be helping to keep watch."
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:00 am

"Thanks Kroshav, I'll start out slowly."
He nods at Lurn, "Yeah, he wasn't happy with either of us I think, though I doubt he is really a threat physically, but he might try to cause some turmoil by planting something at our camp, and trying to get us in trouble. And by the way he looked at us, he thought that due to our arm complications we might be easy marks, I think."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Cary nods sagely..."Understandable to be upset when someone just blatantly tries to steal from you when your working...but what did she try to steal?"

Insight: 1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20
1D20+3 = [6]+3 = 9
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:19 pm

Ealu responds,

<Sleep? No. Done with that. Charlie is explaining why I need to be afraid of dogs barking and uneven looking spots on the ground. Thief? Those are bad. I can wake you if someone needs to talk to you. Should I stand closer so I can see? I will stand closer.>

The rest of the night passes uneventfully and dawn arrives bright but with a crisp wind. It seems summer is coming to an end. Kroshav finds that Ealu is standing right by the entrance of his tent, watchful. Charlie is there too, less watchful as he crops grass.

Some deconscripts are up and already preparing for the day, Indra and Celus among them. Jolly and Dama, not so much.

((New day!))
---
"She wasn't even that good. Just leaned over an' grabbed meh money pouch from under meh stand and a bit of metal work. It was a clever bit of latching for a hitch that took meh a week to get together. Doubt she knew or cared."

To Cary's trained ear the woman is giving as much information as she can remember. She is still angry about the incident but doesn't look angry enough to kill.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:04 pm

Cary nods..."Well if you caught her in the act she didn't get away with anything did she?"
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:10 am

"Nej, that she didn't. Still that she tried an' got off without any punishment don't sit right with meh."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:57 am

((Anyone doing anything in the camp before it starts moving? Otherwise can I get a pair of d20 rolls for the day.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:13 am

((Do we want to push the thief matter, guys?))
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:15 am

Kroshav would at least want to check in with the leader of the soldier group, see if anything else happened, but I think he's still not clear that the guy making accusations and raising the alarm was in fact the one who was doing the sneaking and thieving.

He'll set Jaq and Lurn on some training activities to help them get used to their current arm situations, and invite Jolly to join in training whenever he gets up...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:36 pm

Jolly rises a while after everyone else, including Dama who gives everyone a nod and smile before heading off into the south woods. Once awake Jolly blinks tiredly at Lurn and Jaq training as well as Kroshav doing his morning routine, Celus gladly joining if allowed. Jolly curses and quickly scoops up his gear and stumbles over while wiping drool from his cheek and saying,

"We were gonna train. Why didn't ya wake me up?"

Once training is complete and breakfast eaten, a plain oatmeal mush made by Indra, Kroshav finds the leader of the soldiers directing preparations to depart. Most of the camp is in the process of being made ready, with a bleary-eyed few exceptions. He stops his conversation as Kroshav approaches and says,

"You weren't with us yesterday when we left. Am I correct in assuming you are a part of Arbelm's that arrived last night? How can I help you?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:32 pm

"Lurn and Jaq needed the extra practice to get caught up, figured I'd get them started and let you join in. "

"Yeah, we're out of Arbelm's, were a bit late leaving camp. Anything get sorted out with that shadowy figure stealing from folks while they were sleeping? I'm a... Paladin of the Fist of the Five, and can make it so people can't lie, if there's any suspects you have, it folks that need questioning."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:11 am

"Well glad to have you along. We don't have any suspects and hopefully everything was recovered. I have a pair out returning pay vouchers we can verify, some wrote their names on them, and we will hold the rest of the money and valuables until we can figure the truth in the other claims." He gives Kroshav an appraising looks, "Not lie eh? That will be useful. I get everyone that supposedly lost something together tonight as we make camp and you can do that trick. Save me a good deal of time and head ache!"

He shifts his gaze over the camp and says,

"I will also be putting together an in camp patrol tonight to discourage a repeat. I don't have enough soldiers to patrol everything. Something you may be interested in? What was your name? I didn't catch it."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:54 am

"Kroshav Xjindraakvar, sir. I can talk to my people, I'm not in charge of them, but bet some would be willing to help with keeping a watch on the camp while we're traveling together."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:08 am

"Kroshav..."

He seems to taste the name as he says it.

"There was something about you in the last briefing, I think. I am busy now but I will check up on that." He thinks a bit more on it before shaking his head and concluding, " We are taking a mix of volunteers so you can let the others you meet know. Now, if you'll excuse me."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:59 am

"Oh... ah, ok. I'll go and talk to them then."

He heads back to their camp.

"Guy in charge wants a patrol to keep from there being more stealing at night, told him I'd see if any of us wanted to help out."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:46 pm

Celus, Indra and Jolly all indicate they'd be willing, with varying levels of enthusiasm. Dama declines with a chuckle.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:13 pm

"I'll keep an eye on our own camp. We should keep a few eyes about in case, and it seems people think little of a man with one arm."
My game:

My characters: