UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:37 am

Sure, Joe will attune to her item.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:25 am

Jaq would be very ready to begin attuning to the ring.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:50 am

((Okay, anyone going to attune the pendant as well or just going to wait?))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:02 am

We might as well try to find out what it does, Jaq suggests Joe also attune to the pendant, unless she would prefer Jaq do it. I'm assuming we are not going to get cursed on our first mission. :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:33 am

NotStickFigures wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:02 am I'm assuming we are not going to get cursed on our first mission. :)
:lol: that's a very dangerous assumption! I would 100% curse my players at the beginning of a game :D

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:33 am

(I guess she'll attune to it, so at least she can tell the others)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:06 am

Nance chuckles,

"Ain't a city gal, eh? Give me a sec, ain't had a bite all day."

She starts shoveling in the mashed spuds and in her mouth and washing them down with mugs of whatever she's drinking without much, if any chewing.

When she's done she stand wipe her mouth with her sleeve. "Let's go. Ya coming Blue?"

She heads for the stairs.
--
((Items a bit later tonight))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:40 am

"Cool."

Ves finishes her whisky while Nance eats, and happily follows her to the stairs.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:03 pm

Nance heads up the stairs, which have also been garishly painted. She waits for Ves and Lurn to get caught up before going a few steps down the hallway and heading up another set of stairs. Ves and Lurn can see a large number of doors in both directions, mostly closed. A few individuals are standing in the hallway watching the three head up.

At the third floor Nance takes a right. This floor is much more sedate in coloration and the doors are nicer looking. One door is open with a woman standing outside. The woman seems startled to see Nance, Ves and Lurn.

((Perception))
---
After an hour of contemplating their new jewelry Jaq and Joe feel like they have done all they can.

Jaq feels... well nothing. Maybe a little colder? His tea is definitely cold now after an hour.

Joe feels like she also probably just wasted and hour. She also somehow seems to know that there is a bottle of booze under the wash basin behind her. Half a bottle. Strong.

Jaq's dad is standing looking out the window and comments,

"The fog is getting thinner. It seems like it will be gone soon."

He looks back at Joe and Jaq,

"Would you two like to rest? I will stay up and watch for your friends Jaq, I'm quite well rested and they would be hard to miss."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Joe eyes the booze, but says nothing. She nods at Jaq's father. "Aye, aft'r tha day Ah had, Ah would need some sleep."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:56 pm

Joe can see no booze when she looks as it seems to be in a closed cupboard under the wash basin. She just knows where it is and that it is strong.

"Please use my bed. Jaq can you show her to my room?"

((Joe has been cursed with being awesome at a party for 15 year olds.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:34 pm

Ves is keen to get outside again.

Perception: 1D20+3 = [7]+3 = 10

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:52 pm

Lurn Perception: 1D20+7 = [7]+7 = 14

Hot damn, not a massive roll for once.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:28 pm

Joe follows Jaq into the room and Ruby goes to find a place to perch. "Where did ye get yer bow from?"

(Before she goes to bed she will attune the jade pendant.)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:19 am

((Joe grabbed the Copper pendant and I just had her attune both the ring and the pendant at once to save time, for me mostly :D ))

As Joe moves through the house she loses contact with whatever booze was under the washbasin and picks up something boozy in a closet. Not as strong, but more of it. As she approaches Jaq's father's room she feels whatever was in the closet fade from her awareness and picks up booze, pretty strong, inside room. Once in she knows it is in a dresser.
---
Ves doesn't hear anything from inside the room but Lurn gets a few quick words, maybe from the woman that was outside,

"...giant...woman...Nance...send...in?"

Nance doesn't even slow as she walks by the door, she gives a distracted wave in as she passes. Then hearing something, an indistinct woman's voice to Lurn, her shoulders slump and she stops.

The woman, guessing by her clothing an 'employee', that was in the hall comes back out and smiles at both Lurn and Ves and says,

"The Mistress would very much like to speak with ya both." Stepping back towards Nance she gestures you in.

Nance mutters something to herself and turns back towards the door and says,

"We was just goin' ta the roof. Ya really need'm both? Can I take Ves, the shorter one, with me? Gotta do some trainin'! The blue guy knows it all, right Blue?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:49 am

Ves gives Nance a sideways look. Why doesn't she want her to see the mistress? Is this a "spoil your fun" kind of thing or a "concern for our wellbeing" kind of thing or something else.

Insight: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23

Either way, she's not inclined to leave lurn on his own.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:41 am

"Yes, some sleep would be good" Jaq answers his father.

He shows Joe to the bed and when asked about his bow, he smiles and answers proudly, "It was a gift. From my father. He and my mother used to go out to ruins and the wilderness and explore, this is how they had the money to open this shop, and how they found items to sell. When i got old enough to use it, he gave it to me to train with. It is an amazing bow."

Before leaving the room and heading to his own bed he comments to Joe, "Attuning didn't give me many answers on my item. Other than it might have something to do with cold temperatures. Did you get any insight?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:43 am

"It'd be a speci'l bow. As fer tha items, Ah know where booze is. Nothin' else tha Ah notic'd."

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:13 am

"know where booze is?..." Jaq looks at her strangely for a moment. "One of the magic items helps you find booze??? That is a strange gift to give a young elf girl...no wonder she was willing to give that up! And thinking about it...my item makes me maybe feel cold a bit, so maybe it protects from too much heat?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:37 am

"Aye. Yer fath'r be keepin' some strong stuff in tha cub'rd near where we'd be talkin'. It may 'elp with tha."

(Was her knowing booze come from the first attunement (her ring) or the second?)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:07 am

Jaq nods, "Yes we have a bottle of Elven spirits, and some wines around the house."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:01 am

((The attunement to booze seems to have started with the pendant rather than the ring. I would argue that a teenager would absolutely be interested in knowing where alcohol was, so it is a "good" gift :P.))
---
For Ves Nance is pretty easy to read even after only having just met her. Nance is seems excited to show Ves something more than anything and a bit irritated to have it interrupted. She doesn't seem concerned at all.

A deeper, feminine voice in the room says loudly and firmly,

"I would speak with them both, dear Nance. Your prancing on the roof can wait. Please do come in."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:53 am

Ves grins at Nance.

"Dont go anywhere! I am going to learn how to punch through a table tonight, if it takes till dawn!"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:01 pm

Lurn nods to Nance, then turns to enter the room.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:42 pm

Lurn sees a finely featured Dwarven woman dressed in a very conservative, elegant dress. She gives Lurn and a nod and moves around her dark wooden desk and gestures to a large, plush chair. As he enters he notices the room has a faint fruity smell...apples? There are no windows in the room but ample lamps.

Standing near the desk is the gnome Lurn saw dart up the stairs and Ves recognizes from the roof.

The Mistress smiles at both Lurn and Ves,

"I understand you have a story to tell? Where is our elven friend..." The woman outside the door supplies, "Lord Jaq, Mistress."

"Yes, Jaq? Please be seated. Would you like anything before you begin recounting your, " she gives a tight smile, "adventure?"