Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:35 pm

Ves sits.

"Not for me. Seems you had a problem with your water supply. We fixed it. Who are you, anyway?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:19 am

"Jaq would, I imagine, be with his family about now, ensuring their safety."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:37 am

"I am the Mistress of this establishment. Jaq is with his family you say?"

She looks at the woman by the door who answers the unspoken question,

"Lord Jaq's father, Mistress."

The Mistress nods slowly and focuses back in on the standing Lurn and sitting Ves, giving each a measuring look.

"Yes the water was contaminated. How exactly did you fix that?"

Nance walks in and, overly nonchalant, takes the chair seemingly meant for Lurn.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:06 am

Lurn shrugs, "Mistress and more, I imagine. We solved the matter through negotiation with an alchemist, now gone. You will likely wish to investigate the cause, considering it seems to be a result of carelessness in carrying out a task of the Prefect to create some drug which would control prisoners. Supposedly the contracts are publicly available, though through what channels I could not say."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:19 am

"Are you just going to tell everyone in this city what's happened?! Man... Check some credentials first or something! The guy skipped town cos he figured he's a dead man walking! Telling this story to literally everyone you meet, when we have no idea what's going on isn't going to help him stay alive, dumbass!"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:33 am

The Dwarven woman waves her hand dismissively at Lurn suggesting she does more than run the Dagger,

"I stay busy, yes."

She listens to Lurn's explanation, her lips tightening as Lurn explains about the goal of the relationship between the Prefect and alchemist and her eyebrows raise at Ves' outburst.

"A contract was filed?" Her eyes shift to the woman by the door, "Conna, please locate it and have it brought to me."

The woman, Conna, curtseys and disappears down the hall.

The Dwarven woman looks to the gnome on her right, "And you bring me the alchemist please," she turns back to Ves, "alive." The gnome quickly darts from the room.

The Mistress stands looking after the two she sent away before sighing lightly and moving around her desk and taking a seat.

Rubbing a temple she says to Lurn,

"How many others have been told of this?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:51 am

Ves sighs. In for a penny...

"Two random guards on the street, so they've probably reported it up by now. Maybe Jaq's family? There was a kidnapped elf girl that we saved too. The others took her home. Dunno what they might've told her or her family."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:04 am

"Well, I know who to tell if I need something spread around."

She shakes her head.

"What are you planning on now, if I may ask?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:14 am

"I told those guards nothing of the source of the poison, nor how it was counteracted. I told them only that brigands had attempted a kidnapping and attacked us, as that was the concern they had need to be told of.

Now, helping one who takes part in the process of leaving others bereft of free will is hardly a concern of mine. Whether he believed it was to be used only on criminals, or even only on dangerous criminals, matters not. He took action to repair the damage done, and he did not cause the poisoning himself, yes, and perhaps that has earned him a right to some time to secure his safety, but he fled for fear of the prefect's wrath, at the concoction having affected elves, not for that of the common people."

When asked of his plans, the large man rolls his shoulders, "Tend to any injured I may, then continue my pilgrimage. There is little cause to remain once my role in repairing the damage done is complete."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:58 am

Joe gets ready for bed, as Ruby flies around, looking at everything. "Ruby wants a alm'nd." He flutters to pester Joe a bit. "Pet pet?" Joe hesitantly obliges and scratches the bird. "Ruby pretty bird."

(I may or may not been watching videos of parrots lately)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:59 am

The Dwarven mistress leans back in her chair,

"This alchemist was right to run from the Prefect. He is not kind to those who fail him and less so if it can reflect on him. He is generally unkind to non-elves."

Nance scoffs at the last bit and mutters,

"'e's an Abyss damned plague on us."

The Mistress pauses and doesn't correct her or comment,

"The city council has been a moderating influence but after today's... incident things may become more strained. Master Firbolg, I would request you stay near Stenrek for the next little while. Your people are respected more so than most by the elves and your testimony might be of use. I would offer you my personal protection, for what it is worth."

She watches Lurn closely for his reaction to her offer.
---
((I must admit I quite dislike birds as pets. Parrots included.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:10 pm

"I shall remain until my role in this matter is ended, as you ask."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:01 am

"Will you need a room? I understand you planning on going to the roof? You are likely quite tired after a busy day so perhaps after you can find accommodation here."

She gives Ves a small smile, "I make you the same offer if you'd like."
---
((What are Jaq and Joe going to do in the morning? Anything more before resting?))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:48 am

"Yeah... If you've got a room with a window that'd be great. But I promised Nance I'd try this trick of hers first so it might be a little while before I use it."

She glances at the other woman.

"You're talking about a private room, right?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:53 am

"Agreed. A room to sleep would be appreciated, if you have one which may accommodate me. It may be difficult to find one, otherwise, particularly with the recent chaos in the city. Though I am willing to camp out, a roof is always pleasant."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:17 am

Joe will prepare the same spells she had the day before. "Ah 'ope they'd come back soon." She looks outside. "Do ye think ev'rythin' be settl'd down enough ta get some suppli's?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:36 am

The Mistress nods and her smile becomes briefly more genuine at Ves' comment.

"The room is private as long as you wish it to be. Should you be interested in companionship, please let me know. Nance, when you are done doing whatever it is you plan to do on the roof take Ves to the...hmm...the Jungle room."

Nance whistles at that. "Fancy!"

To Lurn,

"We serve all tastes here, if you are interested in resting I can take you to a room with a bed that can accommodate you...and a few others."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:48 am

Ves raises an eyebrow but nods to the mistress. She can't quite shake the feeling that she's about to become the butt of some joke she's not aware of.

"Thanks."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:56 am

"My pleasure, you've been of great service to the city. Nance please don't let her fall."

Nance hops to her feet and heads to the door.

"Come on Ves let's get ya meditating!"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:39 pm

"My thanks, madam, though I won't be accepting the offer of company. A bed which will simply accommodate myself is more than enough."
My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:19 pm

Jaq will shrug when asked if he thinks the others will arrive here soon. "Who knows, they may have found something interesting, or they may have been offered shelter by the guild."

"It seems to have calmed down around this street at least. So, sure, I would think it is fine to go shopping for supplies."

Jaq will stay in the shop for the morning, and wait for everyone to reconvene at his place.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Joe nods and has Ruby stay behind as she goes to shop, since many people seem to dislike her bird.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:43 pm

Jaq will use that time to try to befriend the bird. He will see what little bread, or nuts he might have around the house to give it as a snack. He will try to figure out how smart it is, talking to it and such. "My name is Jaq. .... Jaq." Seeing if it understands or copies his voice.
He really doesn't understand a whole lot about familiars.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:38 pm

((Guessing Ves follows along with Nance?))

Nance leads Ves out of the Mistress's office and back down the hall to a largish window and a hall leading to the right. She looks up and points to a fairly small hatch in the ceiling,

"T'way up!"

No sooner than those words have left her mouth has she leapt up the wall smoothly using the edge of the window frame, then leaping to the opposing hallway wall and pushing herself at the hatch. It pops open soundlessly, like it has been prepared for this, and Nance hangs for moment before pulling herself up into the hatch. Her face reappears in the now open hatch in the ceiling.

"Come on."

((Acrobatics if Ves wants to repeat what Nance did, but if you can think of another way to get up you can roll it!))
---
The Mistress comes around her desk and walks to Lurn's side,

"It is just down the hall."

Moving in the opposite direction of Ves and Nance the Mistress leads Lurn back past the stairs they came up to a room with a large door. Pushing the door open the Mistress walks in a short ways and snaps her fingers causing three lanterns to flicker to life. The lanterns illuminate a large room that is nearly completely filled with a solid looking bed. There is ample room for two firbolgs. There is really no room for anything else in the room due to the bed except a tiny end table. It looks like the floors have also been re-enforced.

"I had the bed built in this room for obvious reasons. I had a talented young firbolg working here until a couple years ago. His size and ability to change appearance, among other talents, made him quite the asset. Married a rich gnome merchant." She looks up at Lurn, "I trust this will suit? I can have breakfast sent up in the morning if you like but I would warn you not to expect much."
---
Jaq and Joe both get a good nights rest and wake up refreshed. As predicted, stores are open, though not all of them. There is a definite guard presence in the area near Jaq's home (mixed Elf/merchant area) and even some squads of soldiers Joe and Jaq saw at the Chancellors home.

((What is Joe looking for and did Jaq give her direction/tips on where to find things?

I am not going to touch the parrot. If I based it on my experiences it would squawk at you then bite you when you weren't looking, which I am guessing is not the personality Burns is looking for there. Burns can handle the Jaq-Ruby bonding :)))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:31 pm

Joe is looking for food/trail mix, scrolls (prob won't be able to buy any), some quality ink, mostly brozing. Since she doesn't know this city, she will stay on main streets, asking directions from guards (preferring non elven guards)

----

Ruby perks up at the snack and flies over to Jaq, watching him breifly before taking the treat and flying off to eat it. When he says his name Ruby looks at him before repling "My name is Jaq" he looks at Jaq's hands and nudges them. "Treat?"

(Familars can't attack anyways (unless you are chainlock))