Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 26, 2020 8:11 am

Kroshav waves the paper at them, panting.

"I got it, I got it! Charlie!", he yells excitedly, giving a piercing whistle for his horse.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue May 26, 2020 10:41 am

The guards, and everyone within 50 ft cringe, but Charlie comes a running.

The guards approach the large, heavily armed and armored dragonborn cautiously. One steps up and snatches the paper before backing up to read it. They read the paper and pass it to their companions with a shrug.

"Guess the horse is yours. Bring it round to the gate."

They open the gate, one steps in to keep other horses from getting out while Kroshav brings Charlie out. They close the gate and one, seeing how happy Kroshav is, offers a weak,

"Uh, congratulations I guess?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 26, 2020 11:17 am

Kroshav breaks off from hugging Charlie to clasp the fellow in the shoulder.

"Thanks! Glad you kept him safe for me! He had gear when he was picked up, property of The Fist of the Five...?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue May 26, 2020 1:46 pm

The guard looks at the hand on their shoulder and then at their companions before looking up at Kroshav.

"Well...um... I don't think they were taking gear? I didn't hear that anyhow?" They look back at their companions who give shrugs and slight shakes of their heads. "Did you ask a captain 'bout it? They'd know."

((Is Lurn going to wait, head over with Kroshav or try to find the others? Or something else?))
---
((@Burns, the gnome made an offer. Is Joe going to accept, decline or counter offer?))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 26, 2020 1:49 pm

Worth of goods? [1d20+2] = 17+2 = 19
Joe thinks a bit on the actual worth of goods first.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 26, 2020 1:56 pm

((Did we find saddle, etc back at Tom's and I've forgot?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue May 26, 2020 6:53 pm

((Lurn will be going with Kroshav, to make sure he's got someone sensible around, after how he tried to explain the situation to that captain.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue May 26, 2020 10:31 pm

Lurn and Celus follow Kroshav at a less frantic pace and arrive in time to see horse and master reunited in a touching embrace. Several other horses spot Lurn and head to the fence and neigh excitedly in his direction which causes more horses to join in and soon there is a press of horses against the fence, all looking at Lurn.

Celus whispers to Lurn,

"Are you sure you said what you think you did to those horses?"

((No, the barn and house were locked and you didn't want to bust into them so it is possible the items are back at Tom's.))
---
The gnome is asking for more than double what Joe thinks she could find in a large city for the same goods.

((Things are worth as much as people are willing to pay!))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 27, 2020 7:33 am

Joe shakes her head ”125”

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 27, 2020 8:36 am

"Ok, thanks."

He'll lead Charlie near the soldier and see how Charlie reacts.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 27, 2020 10:17 am

Charlie goes beside the soldier without any obvious, stromg reaction. The soldier gives the horse half a glance but is more focused on the large number of horses pressed against the fence. They call to Lurn,

"What did you say to them this time? What do they want?"

The rest of the soldiers move to the fence and try and shoo away the excited equines.

((What is Kroshav looking for from Charlie in regards to the soldier guarding the corral?))
---
The gnome's smile gets bigger,

"505! Or 500 and a drink with me."

He winks.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 27, 2020 10:20 am

((If Charlie shows any amount of trust or liking for the guy (or distrust or dislike) that might indicate iw he's been treated... though guess if he's just the guard stationed here, and not the stablehand... No strong reaction, Kroshav will turn to watch Lurn.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 27, 2020 12:20 pm

((These soldiers are clearly just here to keep people out of the horses and the horses in. If it's a permanent assignment or if they are on rotation isn't clear without more information.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed May 27, 2020 7:25 pm

"Didn't say anything to them this time, and still can't understand them. Best guess is that they're either curious about someone who can talk to them, or they miss their owners and are hoping I can return all of them, which I know I can't. Clever creatures, horses, they form bonds just like anyone else."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 27, 2020 8:27 pm

At Lurn's words, Kroshav grins and scratches Charlie's favorite spot between the ears.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 28, 2020 1:24 am

((Where to now?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 28, 2020 6:37 am

((Kroshav has a saddle and such to pick up from Tarneth's, so if that's on the way, otherwise, meet up with the others?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 28, 2020 6:45 am

((The Balyons are heading out in the morning, right? Better to get anything you need from them tonight. We don't know where we're meeting the others in the first place.))
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 28, 2020 7:49 am

((Fair point.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 28, 2020 1:52 pm

Kroshav and co head back to Tarneth's tent and retrieve his newly acquired gear. Tarneth gives Kroshav a solid hug and says,

"I'm proud of you my boy! I will be up in Balyon for a few months but will head back down before winter gets too hard I hope. I will keep an ear open for deeds honoring the Five and, by their will, I will see you before the new year."

He steps back and gives Kroshav the sign of the Five. He also takes time to shake Lurn's hand and give Celus a nod before they go.

Crossing back over the bridge to town the spot Indra, head resting on the wall of a building behind her, sitting next to Jaq and sleeping. A few yards away Jolly has an arm around Dama as both look at the river before them.

Only Jaq notices your arrival, with a horse!

((It's around 7 PM or so now. Feel free to say something to Tarneth!))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 28, 2020 2:41 pm

"200"

(Crap I read it as 300 not 500)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 28, 2020 2:47 pm

"Thank you sir, I'll do right by the Order!", Kroshav hugs his mentor back.

He'll saddle Charlie and secure the lance, but walk along with his friends back to where they meet up with the others.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 29, 2020 12:35 am

Jolly notices Kroshav, Lurn and Celus and nudges Dama. The both stand up and Jolly looks at Charlie and gives Kroshav a half smile,

"Got ya horse back, great! Now lets go eat."

Indra jerks awake and looks around blinking and wiping her chin before standing to move to Kroshav. Dama moves over to inspect Charile as the group walks to inn and asks,

"What's so special about this horse? It got some sort of magical paladin god thing or something?"

They arrive at the Big Goat Inn in short order but no one looks to be on hand to take Charlie to wherever Charlie would be staying...?

((Perception rolls all around!))
---
The gnome snorts and counters,

"510, or 500, you buy me dinner and we have a nice moon lit walk together!"

((Give me a persuasion roll Burns.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri May 29, 2020 1:52 am

My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 29, 2020 2:00 am

Lurn notices a trio of rough looking guys in the shadows of a narrow alley watching the group go by.