Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:20 am

((oh! I forgot! Yes, Ves will cast light on Kroshav's shield again for him))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:42 am

He gleefully waggles it about and proceeds to walk wherever anyone wants lights, but towards the front (behind the scouts).
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:08 am

((How far are you going in? Until you can't go any further?))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:15 pm

Back to where we found the shadows, then wherever it goes after I guess?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:32 pm

Encountering nothing thus far Ves decides to push further with the rest of the team at her back. They get to the point where Ves was attacked without incident and continue on.

The sound of what they determined must be a waterfall gets louder and louder as they head further in. The walls, floor and ceiling also begin to take on an increasingly rough, less worked appearance as well as becoming more narrow until they are forced to walk single file. After three hundred feet Ves spots what looks like an incomplete barrier partially blocking the hallway ahead.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:50 pm

((what kind of barrier? Can we pass it without too much trouble, or do we need to dig out way through?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:44 pm

((If it's dirt then after loosening it some Lurn can try to make use of the gravedigging magicks only some in his church gain.))

"Is something wrong? If things become much narrower than this I will be unable to proceed."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:53 pm

Hard to say exactly what it's made of at this distance. It looks like is it maybe large rocks piled up but it could be something else. Ves can see a gap that would allow everyone to squeeze through, except for Joe who could just go through normally. Dig/moving things could presumably expand the size of the gap.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:57 am

"Something's blocking the way ahead. Not fully, but go carefully. Might be where all these creatures have been coming from..."

Ves moves carefully forward, keeping Kroshav and Lurn close behind, and takes a cautious look through the gap.

Stealth, Perception: 1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14
1D20+3 = [6]+3 = 9

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 am

Ves moves slowly and cautiously forward and looks through the gap. Beyond she can see what looks like mist or spray after about 50 feet that partially blocks her view.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:10 am

"I think the waterfall is this way. Let's clear some of this barrier in case we need to retreat quickly."

Ves will start pulling stones away from the gap with her hands to make the gap a little wider.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:30 am

Kroshav provides lifting power where requested.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:59 am

As Ves and Kroshav pull away the stones they notice that most of them are actually blocks and pieces of statues. Some of the faces of the statues are in relatively good shape.

((Not sure if Ves would recognize the face but go ahead and give me a religion roll for both Ves and Kroshav.))

The pair working together expand the hole until it is large enough step though without needing to squeeze much but will require a bit of ducking.

((Perception roll from Kroshav))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:00 am

They're just faces as far as Ves knows.

Religion: 1D20 = [4] = 4
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:04 am

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:19 am

Ves hasn't a clue who is depicted but something about the faces tickles Kroshav's memory. He is so distracted by trying to remember he doesn't give the way ahead more than a quick glance. The rumble of water is quite loud now and he doubts he could hear anything anyways.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:59 am

"They look kinda familiar, but I can't place it."

He'll grab whichever seems the most familiar and see if Lurn or Joe can recognize it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:06 am

Kroshav hands a decapitated statue head back to Lurn.

((Religion roll from Lurn.))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:03 pm

Jaq isn’t liking that the way was blocked and is watching with his bow ready.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:39 pm

Maq, who is actually Jaq, raises his bow. Just in case.

((As everyone is single file and Ves/Kroshav at a minimum are in front of Jaq a shot is going to be difficult.))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:03 am

Well, if he wasn’t helping dig he thought he should look useful.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:46 am

Lurn looks at the statue's head with a frown, muttering an incantation of Guidance under his breath as he examines it.
Religion + Guidance: 1D20+1D4-1 = [5]+[4]-1 = 8
"Whoever it is, I find it strange that all the statues in this city have had their heads and faces removed for this. Other rubble, building blocks, would have been better. Why the statue heads? Including those in the cathedral."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:30 am

It's definitely depicting a female. She looks happy enough for not having a body. Lurn is unable to discern more than that.

Kroshav finally decides her name is Tira or something and is pretty sure she was a good goddess. Or at least not bad. She certainly looked happy!

The way is now mostly clear to proceed.

((The barrier is a blend of rubble that looks to be composed of assorted stones, building blocks and statues (not just heads). Give me an investigation roll to determine more about it and it's construction.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:36 am

((Eh, not important enough to waste time on and fall behind.))
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:08 am

"Her name's at the end of my tongue... Tina... Tonya.... Teri....Thera... Tira... Tira? Something like that. Think she's a good one, but can't 'member who prays to her."

He'll place her on a ledge so she has a better view.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler