Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:55 am

The alchemist excuses himself and goes around Joe and heads south, presumably to his room. He greets Jaq, Ves and Lurn as he goes by.

After a few minutes he returns with a small bag over his shoulder and a different, more form fitting mask that still covers his skin. He has also switched to travel attire, still covering all skin.

Coming to Ves he reaches into his bag and pulls out two palm sized ceramic jars.

"These are not good to travel fast with, your group will probably find a use for them though."

After making the hand off he looks the group over,

"We will be leaving momentarily. Have you decided what to do?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:36 pm

"What are they?

Also, no. It's up to Jack here."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:47 pm

Joe follows him. "Ah'm sorry ta 'ear tha. But person'y Ah am glad tha particl'r potion wasn't made. Try na ta get yerselves inta anymore troubl'."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:01 pm

The alchemist gives a muffled chuckle as he heads off.

----
10 minutes later after having handed of the jars,

"They are sticky fire... I believe here they are called, rather insultingly, alchemist fire."

Looking at Jaq,

"Oh, well then Jaq, do we try it?"

((My reading of Jaq's last comment was that he was positive to trying but I will leave it up to you three to decide.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:42 pm

((do it))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:23 pm

((Oh and if Jaq and Joe want roll a HD for a short rest they can. It's not been a full short rest but it's getting there at this point.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:47 pm

Joe will let them try the solution the alchemist made.
Hp roll: 1D6+2 = [4]+2 = 6

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:42 pm

((I think Lurn would have been from... Something like the northeast? The Swept Steppes?))

((Also, yes, let's try the thing.))

If Lurn would've heard about the accessibility of the contract, he'd raise the question of whether anybody would even know a contract had been made which could impact them.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:07 am

((So same place as Ves then? Works for me but you can suggest a location too. The elves of the Duchy would definitely be friendly to your tribe.

On the second point, probably not. Contracts wouldn't be announced generally to 'third' parties. The town wasn't the direct party to the contract, the Prefect was.

I will post the pouring in a bit.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:07 am

((I'm mostly picking the location by somewhere that most places would consider 'exotic,' to fit his background as a Far Traveler.

Also, if the contract isn't announced the point of it being publicly accessible is pretty much null and void, nobody's going to ask to see something they don't know exists. I don't think this alchemist is necessary a villain, but something will need doing about the prefect, I imagine.))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:13 am

The alchemist looks to Jaq who gives him a nod.

"Well then, lets head to the well."

He turns and calls back to the lab,

"Ertyl it is time to go."

He stands and walks to the well, leaving the 'cure' in Lurns' hands.

"I can do it if you'd prefer? It makes no difference, but try to keep it off the walls of the well if possible."

((Going to just have Jaq on follow mode.))

The collectors have gathered in the well room and all have been loaded down with boxes and bags.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:23 am

Joe watches as it's poured into the well.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:06 am

Lurn nods, moving to the well and carefully pouring the cure's contents into the water.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:19 am

Ertyl walks into the room and confers with the constructs, before heading up the narrow tunnel to the exit. A moment later the constructs move and follow him in clanking lockstep.

There is no sound or instant effect that Lurn can see. The alchemist gives Lurn a pat on the back and goes to turn the pauses reaching into a pocket in his cloak.

"Ertyl felt you all deserved this for your work today."

He presses a pouch into Lurn's hand. He turns to walk out again and takes a step before turning again,

"You wouldn't happen to know anything about some missing formulae from my room would you? I would very much like to have them..."
Last edited by Rodgeir on Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:43 am

"Ah sorry. 'Ere. Ah thought it maybeh 'elpful to tha solut'on." Joe hands him the formulae. "N sorry about tha bottl's. When will ta potion start workin'?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:58 am

"Not a problem at all, we certainly can't take the bottles with us!." He takes and places the formulae in his bag.

"Well...in the next minute or two we will start seeing the vapor appear out of the wells. Once inhaled... perhaps an hour until recovery. Shall we or will you remain here?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:25 am

"I think there's going to be chaos once this starts to take hold. We should go back up and make sure that anyone who can help, does."

She looks pointedly at the pair.

"There's a LOT of folk got hurt by this up there, probably plenty dead, and it's because of you two. I'd like to see you do a little more to set things right.

Hey Jack? What are the odds that your thieves guild friends aren't looting the shit out of this situation?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:15 am

The alchemist shakes his head,

"I doubt very much anyone affected will be causing much in the way of chaos for a while."

The alchemist turns his glassy eyes to look into Ves',

"I will take responsibility for Ertyl's mistake but our staying here will not help anyone. The Prefect, perhaps rightfully, will see to that." He pauses and you are unable to tell anything by his demeanor for a few moments. "I will owe Stenrek's people a favor, a large one. My resources are not unlimited but I am skilled in my field and have a number of contacts. You may contact me through nearly any potion shop in the Duchy or Empire using my name and your request will reach me. If I should hear Stenrek is in need at any point and not hear from you I will provide help without a request. Acceptable?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:30 am

"I mean, that won't stop people from dying from this now, will it?

Ugh. I'm going back upstairs to see what this is doing to the town and help any of those who are left standing. You lot can stay here or come with, it's up to you. I found a guy in a warehouse earlier and want to see how he's doing. There's a guard at the north gate who probably needs a drink too."

Ves will gather what little stuff she has and head back towards the exit.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:38 am

The alchemist stands quietly at Ves' comment before turning and heading out behind Ertyl and the constructs.

Lurn notices that wisps of fog seem to be rising out of the well now.

((Going to let Jaq respond to Ves' question about the looting, but I would point out that Ves has a 'buddy' in the guild. Also going to roll Jaq's hit dice. NSF let me know if you didn't want that - Jaq hit die in alchemist lair: 1D8 = [6] = 6
))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:48 am

((true, but she doesn't know them or their intentions and Jaq might. She'll add that to the list of things to follow up on tho))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:31 pm

"Are ye sure tha nobody got 'urt? 'Cause plenty o folk did. 'Umans got way more viol'nt and were fightin' un anoth'r. Tha could easly esscul'te inta 'eople kill'd. Or wha about elves tha be up high drinkin' it? With this much choas n people affect'd, ye'd be lucky if none got kill'd."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:33 pm

Lurn nods, "There were some guards at the northern gate who were rather badly injured already. In this time, I doubt there will have been no deaths. Which is why we should head up to assist whoever we can."
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Ves will listen at the door, trying to hear if any of the guards are still outside after all the chaos of earlier. Hopefully it's been long enough that they've all taken off...

Perception: 1D20+3 = [7]+3 = 10

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:36 am

Ves comes to the door, which has been left open by the alchemist, and listens. It's seems the alchemist and co didn't stick around and Ves doesn't hear even the clanking of the constructs moving away. It is eerily silent, even to Ves who is used to being out in nature alone.

As she lingers in the open door she can see that the sun has just went down, the sky still tinged with the last reds and oranges off skattered clouds. It seems unnaturally dark though, the walls and buildings casting everything in deeper shadows. This is only compounded by complete lack of lights in any home she can see.

As she looks out she spots a well a bit to the south that has wisps of fog coming out of it, rapidly increasingly to a solid cloud. Rather than rising it falls like a mat around the well, spreading and thickening.