Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:24 am

Lurn and Ves both skid backwards a step, Ves barely even stumbling as she uses Lurn as a shield.

Lurn's hand looks like he has spent some time punching rocks but it completely free of any lingering magic. Looking around he can't spot anything remaining of the skull mace and sees Kroshav heave himself off the ground and approach cautiously.

Inside the ruins Jolly wipes dust and rock bits off his face and points at where the pool had been for Jaq's benefit and shakily,

"Ya, but it's gone. It just exploded."

As a gust clears the air it becomes clear the pool is very much gone, along with a fair chunk of the floor around it.

((Again no resistance for Ves. I considered either force or bludgeoning for the magical backlash. Necrotic damage, in my mind, isn't explosive. Unless it is something organic that necrotic causes to pop. Yuck.

Either way that 20 you rolled is good enough to provide the same effect!))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:28 am

((M0rt's roller sorts results in descending order rather than doing them in sequence, so it's 50/50 whether that 1 would have come first!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:35 am

((fair enough! I think I misread with what was going on with Lurn at the same time :) ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:39 am

((Well, with a big necro-funnel attached to the thing Lurn is sprinting off with, pretty easy to do. Racial resistance to bludgeoning would be pretty strong for a PC!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:08 am

((lol! Yes it would!))

"Did you... Did you just collapse the entire temple?"

Ves does a head count then turns to look at where the pool used to be.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:36 am

From outside the ruins Ves can see that the rim of the pool is completely gone and there looks to be a crater where it had been. The walls of the ruins seem stable enough still but the place is filled with dust.

((Lurn's mad dash with the mace caused several things I had envisioned potentially happening slowly over the course of several posts to happen in one!))
Last edited by Rodgeir on Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:40 am

Kroshav pushes himself up off the ground with his good hand, the other arm hanging awkwardly. He grimaces as he pulls it straight and channels the last of his Lay on Hands into it to make the bone strong again.

He'll pop off a use of his Divine Sense to make sure Lurn hasn't been taken over by anything, and another use whenever he's close enough to the pit/pool to see if it's still desecrated.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:49 am

Lurn smells like whatever Lurn normally smells like to Kroshav and seems to be acting normally. All good signs. Walking inside Kroshav surveys the damage and moves closer to the former location of the pool and takes a tentative sniff. The air is dusty but the rancid mix of smells from before is gone.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:52 am

"Well... that was exciting, but I think that did it!"

((Is there anything in the pit/pool?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:58 am

"Not the entire ruin, Ves. Just the evil parts." A broad grin splitting his face - he had just achieved a feat which had opposed the plans of one of his Lord's foes after all - the firbolg moves up alongside Kroshav, "That arm looked a bit nasty. Did your arts to enough? I may be out of magical healing, but I can fashion a cast quit easily."

Heading inside with the others, Lurn casts his eyes around the ruin, chest puffed out proudly. "Well, that went better than expected. Evil has been smited, the dark works destroyed... It's a good thing you brought us here, Jolly. It may have been dangerous at first, but because of you no other innocents will be lured into that pool, and there will be no undead created from it to harm others. You've saved countless lives."

((What can I say, when I do something I like to do it big. XD ))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:01 am

To the sound of Lurn's proud crowing Kroshav moves closer and looks in the hole left and finds only bits of loose stone at its bottom.

Jolly doesn't seem all that happy with Lurn's praise, mostly just tired.

((It was definitely big!))
Last edited by Rodgeir on Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:26 am

"Oh Kroshav! Your arm! Let me see it..."

Ves will sit the dragonborn down, pull out some wrappings and find something to work as a splint while she tends to resetting the arm as best she can.

"Not done many of these, but it happens from time to time..."

There's a crunch as the bone resets, fairly painlessly.

Medicine: 1d20+3 = [20] = 23

((Ves is going to die horribly from a string of 1s soon, I can tell :lol: ))

While she works, she'll use her healing ability to restore 3hp magically to Kroshav while she works, hopefully speeding the bone-fusion.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:22 am

Jaq finds a place outside with the others and sits.
“Yeah Jolly. That was...intense. And weird and beyond anything I’ve ever seen. But we made it out and did something good.” He takes out the box again and fiddles with it.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:46 am

"By accident ya done something good but that ain't the reason I meant to come here and ya all did the work while still keeping me alive."

Jolly grumbles as he walks over to stand by Kroshav and look at the new hole in the ground.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:50 am

“I wouldn’t have come here if not for you. So you are a part of it. And I know you didn’t get what you were hoping for. That damn demon lord showed me awful hopes too. But you have grown due to this. As we all have.”

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:07 am

"Ya got a hand of a month old corpse Jaq. That's on me, if nothing else."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:29 am

Ves prods the dragonborn's arm and tunes out the grumbling.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:21 pm

Ves sits Kroshav down and expertly checks his arm. She finds that the break has been partially, and incorrectly, set. While talking about her inexperience she expertly pops the bone out of its improper placement and back in properly. For his part Kroshav feels the pop in his arm and then a nice tingly warmth as most of remaining pain in his arm fades.

((Now Kroshav's arm is as good as new! The point of healing before was enough but another 3 is even better.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:03 pm

"Hey, thanks! That feels a lot better."

For his part, Kroshav doesn't weigh in much on the guilt and bragging. There was evil here before, whatever they did seems to have fixed that, so job done as far as he's concerned. And he never experienced the brunt of the visions Jaq and Jolly are talking about, so he doesn't have much to say there.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:23 pm

Ves gives Kroshav a gentle punch on the shoulder and a smile.

"Look after it, it'll be sore for a bit. Want to see what's left down there?"if Kroshav agrees, she'll head downstairs to see the damage.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:30 pm

Kroshav feigns a wince before grinning and following her downstairs.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:49 pm

((what do they see at the bottom of the stairs? Are there other places to go or passages to follow? Ves will recast Light for Kroshav's benefit if necessary))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:10 pm

Jaq stays sitting with Jolly but says “Come get me if you go exploring far.”
“The hand is not your fault and it will get fixed. That in itself might be another adventure. And on the way home we’ll still see more. You’ve already dealt with goblins and their kin and pixies and maybe we’ll see satyrs and treants next! Joe don’t you agree we have seen a lot of new and exciting stuff?Lotsa old ruins. Worthy trip so far. And destroyed a super giant skeleton.”

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:40 am

Jolly closes his eyes and take a deep breath.

"Just wanted to get here and talk to my little girl again. Maybe bring her home. None of the other stuff..." He pauses a long while. "Why couldn't I just talk to her? For real? Not some sorta demon dream." His voice cracks and he wipes his eyes.
---
Down below things are largely unchanged, the altar and stacked bones have fallen and lay scattered on the floor and there is more dust in the air. It still looks like a square room with no passages.

((You can investigate the room or a specific detail if you'd like. Joe already gave the room a look from the bottom of the stairs but portions were still pretty shadowy to her eyes and the north side was 45 feet away.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:31 am

Lurn gives a sad frown to Jolly's woes, but keeps his mouth shut. The poor man isn't going to feel better after any preaching.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)