Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:45 pm

((Roll it if you think Kroshav would try to help with it.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:35 pm

No one else is jumping up help Jaq, so Kroshav pitches in.

Survival: 1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:01 pm

Even though Lurn has a +5 to survival, I don't think he's got a reason to think he'd be capable for tracking, so I'll pass.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:08 pm

((Kroshav has traveled solo for a while before meeting the others, his survival has mostly been honed noting things to avoid and a bit of javelin hunting for small game. Apparently it translates well to hunting hobs.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:03 pm

”Ah right, sorry. Ruby be a familiar. Once Ah get tha materials Ah can summon ‘im again since ‘e kinda got caught in somethin’”

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:40 am

Both Jaq and Kroshav easily determine the path of the hobs. It's seems that after a few hundred feet they went a little bit north rather than straight east. A few hundred feet more and the spot where the three groups separated becomes evident. Dama and Ern move along with the rest, but Dama falls to the back of the group until they reach the splitting point when she rejoins. Kroshav and Jaq both notice that there appears to have been some additional hobs waiting here and they left quickly following a path taking them almost directly east.

At this point Dama, looking at the ground and conferring with Ern says,

"They got 15 minutes on us and aren't making any attempt to be sneaky. Doesn't mean they didn't set a trap or won't set an ambush. There are," she looks at Ern who flashes four then five figures, "four from before and another five. They have heavier armor and probably aren't spell throwers." She pauses and looks between Fand and Jesp before looking at Arbelm, "We ain't gonna get caught up with them at the speed we're going. Ern and I can speed about six of us up to be sure to catch them in about an hour, but dunno if six is gonna cut it? We know our way around the forest and can maybe get them without speeding up - if we leave the slower folks behind and push hard."

Arbelm considers briefly before making eye contact with Jaq, Kroshav, Jesp and Lurn.

"Thoughts?"

((Comments on either of the two alternatives or a new one?))
----
Nezza raises her eyebrows almost to her hairline.

"Wouldn't have put you as a wizard." She shrugs, "What do you need? I might have it on hand to buy. Not many shops are open, nearly every is gone east to fight or west to run from the fighting."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:15 am

"We've face about six hobs with six before, but at that point we had the advantage of surprise, and there were bugbears that we turned to our aid. And all six of us at that time were at least passable enough in a fight to handle ourselves. We can't expect as much from conscripts, and with this forestation it would be hard to get a line of sight for my rocks. And this time there are nine hobs - who knows how many may have joined them even beyond here - no slaves to turn against them, and they have a caster of their own. It would be very dangerous for us to push forward."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:56 am

Jesp shakes his head.

"If yer going with six it ain't gonna be any untrained conscripts along. Aye'd be along but aye can't keep pace. Maybe you three, Dama, Celus and Arbelm? Or maybe Celus and Kroshav are too hurt? Then Ern and...?"

((It was closer to 12 hobs than 6, don't undersale yourselves :D.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:29 am

((Always knew my memory was awful, I'd thought it was 6 hobs and 6 bugbears. Well, let's just go with Lurn not taking the time to count. :p ))

"Hrr, healing two more would expend my basic magics, and I have little use of the more powerful sort..." One hand moves to rest on the handle of the firbolg's mace, "I may carry this, but it is my magic that I use. If I expend myself to heal Kroshav and Arbelm now, I could heal twice more, or instead of each healing, maintain the presence of my Lord's blade in the field for a minute. Beyond that I am limited to cantrips, and it seems that the hobs have resisted much of that."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:27 am

Celus interjects,

"I feel fine enough to get them."

He does seem better from the short break after the fireball. His exposed skin a bright red and hair a bit clumped and melted but his eyes are determined.

Celus second wind: 1D10+2 = [8]+5 = 13

Jolly looks better as well now that the shock of nearly dying, again, has worn off.

Jolly second wind: 1D10+2 = [8]+2 = 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:32 am

"I'm not too hurt, and can heal myself with some help from The Five, but kind of hanging onto that for now. Have a bit more magic available, too."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:07 am

”Ya got charcoal, herbs n insence?”

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:59 am

Arbelm nods at the comments and looks to Jaq for his input.

"Do we try as a group or try as a smaller strike team?"
----
Nezza nods slowly.

"How much charcoal do you need? Jemma will have any herbs and incense you might need. She'll be in shortly and you can ask her."

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:25 am

“I’m unsure which would be better. Is the main goal to stop them all or to just make sure the Caster is eliminated?”

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:30 am

"Capture or eliminating the caster are our orders."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:50 pm

"Hmm.. Not a lot Ah think Ah will need more herbs n insence than charcoal. Maybe a couple gold worth ta allow me get ta do two of those rituals?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:52 pm

"Give me a moment and I will grab some charcoal from the shed."

Nezza leaves and returns a few minutes later with a large bag of charcoal and sets it on the floor by the door.

"Three gold for that, if it's enough?"

A quarter of an hour later the medicine woman arrives and Nezza greets her and has a brief conversation before she, Jemma presumably, approaches with a smile.

"I understand you be looking for some herbs an' incense? What specifically? I have most of the common, a bit o' the uncommon an a dash of the rare!"

Nezza brings out a breakfast for Jemma while Joe and she talks.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:36 pm

“A few of us should be able to maybe deal with getting rid of at least the mage. If we can surprise them I might be able to end the caster quickly with a lucky arrow or two.”

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:58 pm

"That'll work."

"Ah'll need a var'ty o herbs n insense fer what Ah'm doin'. Let see, basil, thyme, rosmary, bay leaf, cinnamon, saffron, and other similar herbs work well, but they donnae need ta be exact. Tha' type of incense donnae really matt'r so what'ver ye got will work."

(She'll buy 27 gp worth so that she can summon ruby 3 times if needed)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:37 am

((So one for the strike team option (Jaq) and one for not trying (Lurn) and one undecided (Kroshav?). If it is the strike team who would you bring?))
---
Jemma gives Joe a confused smile,

"Um. Okay! Yes let me eat an I will get...well a bit of everything!"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am

If either Kroshav or Arbelm are going, Lurn's willing to give them some healing.

"If one group can off the caster quickly and start heading back, the other can wait here or follow along at a slower pace, so if there's a pursuit there'll be backup."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:20 am

((You mean Celus?))

Arbelm nods, "Yes, that sounds like a reasonable plan."