Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:10 am

((What is everyone doing with the rest of the night? It is pretty late, but not extremely. Gethren's attack happened towards the end of first watch. Keeping the same watches as before? Lurn going to try and figure out what Jolly is handing him? The you (all) going to search what's left of the hobs/Gethren's tent/Gapa's bones? Keep looking for Gethren?

Something else?))

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:03 am

Cary will organize burning of any remaining bodies...
"The undead have a habit of spawning other things from the fallen...." She will quote from training.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:46 am

"How injured is everyone from those fireballs?" asks Jaq, who is looking rather medium-well himself.

"We need to keep some sort of good watch as another fireball will do us in, though I think the fireballs all came from Gapa, and she is now really dead. But we'll also need to sleep further apart so we aren't one big target. And we somehow have to work on some good rest so we are feeling better (long rest, hp). "

"When I'm not resting, I plan on being on watch from the tree line, while hiding."

If any of the others know where Gethren't tent area was, he will go and assist a good search of that area.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:20 am

“Ah before ye burn em, lets see of thay have anythin’ on em.

Ah’m a bit hurt. Ah’m goin ta have Ruby watch ov’e us as well. ”
Joe summons ruby to her side ”Ruby, Ah want ye ta watch ov’e us. If ye see anyun tha not us, tell meh.”

Investigation

1d20+5 = [16] = 21

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:58 am

((I don't think that Kroshav is aware of Kant getting charred and frozen.))

Kroshav collects Ealu when she comes back with Joe and Cary, and then takes her up to find Charlie.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:47 am

((Give dlover to tomorrow then I will update))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:57 pm

Lurn sighs, "I can heal us some, but I don't have any mass-healing prepared, and I doubt I'll rest well enough tonight to recover my spellcasting. Better to try to get what rest we can and put more standard medical procedures to use. We should also consider setting up watch as best we can to deal with attacks from the darkness."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:34 am

Jolly grunts his response, maybe a little sourly at being ignored, and tosses the piece of metal to Lurn.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:20 pm

((Oh geez, I didn't even realise Jolly had offered anything. And... Still don't actually see anything other than the OOC question regarding it.))

Lurn catches the object, startled at the silent delivery, then looks down at the thing.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:21 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:49 am

Lurn catches the piece of shiny metal.
► Show Spoiler
Jolly blinks and looks around confusedly,

"Uh. How'd I get here? Was just back..." He turns and looks towards the camp then back at Lurn, "There?"

Joe starts kicking around armor and weapons of the dead hobgoblins. She finds that all had chainmail on and all but three had longswords. The three without longswords had unstrung longbows but no arrows. Whatever Lurn did turned most of them to ash, only a few outside the range of the blast that were already down remain. Everything looks to be in excellent condition, some still smelling of oil. Among the ashes Joe finds pouches containing a small amount of gold and gems.
► Show Spoiler
Cary gets the remains of the few un-ashed bodies next to a fire to burn. They are pretty fresh and its going to take some serious burning to get them gone. Dama comes over to inspect Cary's plan.

"That's a lot of hair to burn there. Gonna stink to the high Hells."

She moves to make sure her tent is not in the path of smoke.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:03 am

(What was on Grepa?)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:45 am

((By the time Joe got to the loose pile Dama made of Gapa's bones by the side of the forest, nada. Unless Joe wants a skull without a mouth (and assorted other bones)?

Oh and:))

Jaq moves to inspect Gethren and Gapa's tent. He gingerly pokes his head in and finds it to be completely empty except for two packs. Inside the packs there is a change a clothes and a single blanket. Below those two normal items grass and rocks have been stuffed in to make them look full.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:26 pm

Once Jaq is done looking he joins the others, "Nothing left in their tents of any importance. I'm in need of a longer time resting though, so I can heal up a bit."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:02 pm

Rodgeir wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:49 am

Cary gets the remains of the few un-ashed bodies next to a fire to burn. They are pretty fresh and its going to take some serious burning to get them gone. Dama comes over to inspect Cary's plan.

"That's a lot of hair to burn there. Gonna stick to the high Hells."
"Agreed, but I don't want something else rising up...since these guys weren't dead long before something made them rise the first time."

Before burning the Hobs Cary will go find the body of Kant...

"I'm not sure if I should burn you too...there is the possibility of your body raising into something isn't there?"

(I'm going to do an arcane check to see if Cary can remember about undead and rising undead...)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:06 pm

Joe will take no chances and puts the bones to the fire.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:39 pm

((Kant's probably been dead for several minutes, right? I'm pretty sure even just the time spent running down the road would have passed Revivify's time limit. Probably better for the poor man to pass on than to be brought back anyway.))
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:57 am

Dama sniffs and drags her tent further from the fire. The people in the other tents are talking quietly and watching while others are following Kroshav, Celus and Indra around. No one is sleeping.

Cary gets the three bodies ready to be rolled into the fire and then goes to get Kant. Celus follows along and gags a bit as he sees what is left.

"Poor man... Ya can't even tell it was human."

Kant is starting to defrost now and it is clearly becoming evident he is no longer a single piece of person, pieces having being smashed away. It is going to be a mess trying to gather him up.

((@Quarg, Give me an arcana for the undead part and a medicine for how long Cary thinks the hobs have been dead for.
@Lurn, Kant was dead on the second round of the fight and its been several minutes since then. He is also blood pudding now, making bringing him back that much harder.))

Dama watches Joe try to burn Gapa's bones and says,

"Was planning on letting Big Blue look at them before we did that, but whatever."

Lurn stands on the road examining the shiny metal bit while Jolly mutters something to himself.

Lurn:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:42 am

Joe stops putting the bones in the fire as Dama says that. “Ah yer right.”

Joe goes up to Lurn “Can ye look at some o these bones?”

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:53 am

((With everything Joe has done she is at least a half hour past where Lurn is currently described.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:54 am

(oh...okay, I didn’t know)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:39 am

(The scientist in me wants to know where the liquid nitrogen came from...ech...)

Arcana, Health: 1D20+1 = [12]+1 = 13
1D20 = [18] = 18

(Lol...)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:15 pm

((Not punishing Joe, she's just been busy!))

Cary thinks that Kant isn't likely good material for being brought back as a zombie, or really anything else needing a body. He might come back as an angry spirit? He did have unresolved business, he thought. Maybe a... revenant or some sort of vengeful ghost? Though why he would be mad at Cary and rest of he did? Either way burning what's left of him probably won't help with that.

The hobs on the other hand are fresh. They appear to have been killed within the last day. It's hard to tell from the damage done fighting Celus and Indra, but Cary can't see any wounds that have bleed. Even the one missing it's jaw looks to have lost it after he was already dead. One of the corpses has a thin line of blood from one of it's ears, barely noticeable in the flicker of the torches. Something killed these hobs while keeping them whole.

((Liquid nitrogen? Oh, think colder!))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:31 pm

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:31 am

Lurn
► Show Spoiler