The wishing fountain - everyone can play

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The wishing fountain - everyone can play

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:36 am

Cups looks around at all the cups lying on the floor, and then down at his self. His bag-less self with no way to carry all of these wonderful cups.

The wizard was able to open a door and send goblins through... how cool would it be if he could open a little door to be able to send cups through! But then be able to get them back when he wanted, of course. Why, he could collect ALL of the cups!

"Hi! I wish that I could open up a little door in the air to a place I could put all of my cups, and then be able to take them back out when I want to look at them!"

((No idea what the limitations or parameters of the wish is, but I'm looking for the ability to create and access a cup-only pocket dimension.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:10 pm

No, thank you. I assume you „played“ with him too?“ while pointing to the corpse next ‚her‘ fountain.

Is that pearl foutain water drinkable?
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:57 am

Bombards-People-With-Questions picks up four gold and four silver coins and puts - very carefully, slowly and not making the liquids inside splash - one of each kind into the ruby, emerald, pearl and stone fountain and watches for any reactions.

(Since I got not indication this got done after my last post, I'm trying again.)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:03 am

Agrees doesn't feel very different as he puts the ring on his finger but the others notice that there is very suddenly and without explanation a human that looks suspiciously like the wizard standing where Agrees used to be.

(Sorry I missed that earlier gathers)
Bombards slowly places a coin each small fountain.
The Ruby fountain feels warm this close, but otherwise the coin falls with ease.
The emerald fountain accepts the coin which slips below the surface without too much fuss.
The coin just falls beneath the surface of the pearl and stone fountains.

Two things happen simultaneously, one that happens only near cups and one that the whole group notices. The central watery goblin also mumbles "I hate when this happens".

A small glass pane pops into existence right in front of cups. There's no obvious method for how's it's floating there. It looks slightly translucent.

The room morphs and changes, and it does it so quickly that everyone becomes slightly stunned as their eyes try to adjust to what just happened. The 5 fountains in the room changed color.

The central fountain is made of pure gold.
Starting from the left of the open door and going clockwise.
A sapphire fountain.
A clay fountain.
A black fountain.
A white fountain.

In the middle of forgetful asking how question everything changes.

There's 1 more drink worth of liquid in cups cup.

(Upon drinking from the wishing fountain, cups leveled up
(I forgot to mention that))
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:11 am

Bombards-People-With-Questions walks over to Agrees, or whatever they have become. "Are you still Agrees inside? Because on the outside you look like the wizard now..."
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:26 am

With a new ability to play with, Cups mentions that the Pearl fountain had been the one with wish juice in it, then gets to work storing cups in his new inventory. After putting a few empties in there, he wonders if he can put in the one with some wish juice in it still.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:33 am

Bombards talks to the human in the room.

Cups is overly excited and puts an empty cup into the glass pane. It appears slightly behind the glass pane as if it's inside of it. Regardless of how he looks at the glass, the cup is always behind/within the pane. He puts more empty cups inside and a small number appears on the bottom left. Currently 5.

Cups then looks at the cup in his hand with some leftover magic juice. He tries to put that into the pane and it goes, but the rest of the milky liquid splashes onto the floor.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:34 am

"Oops. There's some on the floor if someone wants to try licking it up."

He tries to get some of his cups back out...

...if he succeeds, he'll stash some more, secure in the knowledge he can get them back out again.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:23 am

Cups touches the glass and the currently displayed cup appears in his other hand. The number in the corner changes down 1, he then touches the glass again and it disappears from his hand and the number goes 1 higher again.

The floor absorbs the rest of the liquid.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:57 am

“Umm I think I’m still me. I don’t wanna be a human!” Agrees quickly takes the ring off and looks at his arm to see if it goes back to goblin.
“These magic items suck!” He yells to no one in particular.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:13 am

Agrees removes the ring and finds that he is indeed goblin colored again.

(Your dm laughs at your comment.)
(All inventory is being kept in the first post on the first page)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:38 pm

Forgetful Memory darns himself for having missed the Wishing Fountain. He walks over to the clay fountain and observes it.
IF the water looks calm, clear and does not smell badly, he‘ll dip his cup in it, to fill it.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:57 pm

Collects Cups continues collecting cups.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:53 pm

Forgetful walks over to the clay fountain and upon seeing that the water is clear and isn't moving, he dips his cup into it. He now has a cup of clear water.

Cups begins to fill his newly acquired display cabinet with cups from what he had stacked up. He quickly discovers that he just needs to touch a cup and tap the glass, which makes short work of the stacks. He soon has over 200 cups and has diminished about half of his stacks.

Cups continues collecting, while avoiding the fountains until he has over 2000 of the same design collected. The room is now mostly cleared of cups, except for a small ring about 2' out surrounding each fountain.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:20 am

"Well, at least we now know, some of the items are really magic. And the wishing fountain is real too. But now we have to deal with new fountains, I think. Does anyone see moving water again, like what was in the center fountain before?" he asks.
He will not go near a new fountain just yet, but he will look to see if any water is moving or looks contaminated. He will go and pick up the old dried branch he found in the sack earlier.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:29 am

Agrees moves around and takes a closer but cautious look at each fountain. He also picks up the old dried root.

As he moves, he finds that every time he takes a step in any direction he gets to where he's going really fast.

The others notice that he briefly disappears and then reappears.

Clay fountain - the water looks clear and fresh
Black fountain - the water looks oily
White fountain - the water seems to pulse with an inner light
Gold fountain - the water is the color of gold and looks thick
Sapphire fountain - the water seems to be trying to lift itself up out of the fountain.

None of fountains contain moving water.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:36 am

Cups will have a peek at the 'treasure' to see if it contains any cups.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:40 am

Agrees takes a step towards the white fountain...then stops and takes a step towards the open doorway...then stops. Looking back and forth he begins a little sing-song rhyme, pointing at the fountain with one word, and the door with the next and so forth...'wobbly, gobbly, stickey, lickey, the old grey hag is on the loose and she said I should pick THIS one.' he ends up pointing at the doorway, so he walks over to it. Climbing up the pile of spilled gold and peers through the doorway.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:58 am

Forgetful Memory takes a sip of this clear water, and wishes for a better memory.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:23 am

Cups goes over to the treasure and is delighted to see several cups of all sorts of shapes and sizes, gold, silver, Platinum. Some of the cups are even shaped from solid gemstones. He's able to add 12 unique cups from those that were on the surface of the treasure.

Agrees begins to move around the room, always seeming to get where he wants to go instantly. After a silly little song called indecision, he walks instantly to and then climbs up the hill of gold, peeking through the top of the doorway. There isn't enough space to get his body through, but he can see enough to notice that the space is huge and contains mounds of gold in all directions.
(You are wearing the cloak of quick step, which teleports the wearer in the direction they are walking)

Forgetful tries the water. It is cold and refreshing, how tasty. He has since wishful thoughts about remembering better, but he can't remember if it worked or not.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:12 am

Forgetful emory takes another deep sip of this clear and refreshing water.

He saysm "Last room also had one fountain with drinkable water, and one being a gateway to the next "room", and the others deadly, or at least not healthy. Any idea how to continue from here?"
He also takes a look around for a small chest, or two cups that would nest so good, that you could keep something in between.

"I forgot. Where in the room was the fresh water fountain? Right here where now the clay fountain is?"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:19 am

(the fresh water fountains aren't in the same location)
Forgetful takes another drink of the water. It's so cold and crisp, yum. He then ponders on how to find the wishing fountain without something bad happening.

In looking out over the treasure, agrees did spot several treasure chests of various sizes, some closed and others open, with coins and jewels spilling out of them.

(If you're looking for something specific in the treasure, just let me know, with the right amount of hunting, you can find just about anything you can imagine, though magical items have unknown affects.)

(I've made an OOC, please feel free to use it as you want)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:03 pm

To everyone else in the room Agrees says, "From through the top of the gap here in the doorway, I can see another really big room full of even more gold."

He will then see if he can get his new magic to get him into the next room. He will slowly shuffle backwards a few feet, and then he will walk forward to the new room full of gold, visualizing himself in the next room! (this will certainly work!)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:08 pm

(the magic of the cloak seems to be limited to only increase his pace in anywhere he could normally go)

But a few minutes of digging could probably make a hole big enough to crawl through.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Forgetful Memory starts looking for some kind of closable caraffe, or cup (a tight chest will do), in which he could transport fresh, drinkable water, and a second one for water from the wishing fountain, if they encounter another one.