The wishing fountain - everyone can play

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: The wishing fountain - everyone can play

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:30 am

The voice in cups head sighs "wishes, neither granted or foretold, may leave the dungeon of old except by the gate of gold." Cups then hears a scoffing sound and a mumbled "damn tourists never read the signs"

(To be fair, the sign is at the beginning of this dungeon in the location that most people would start on their adventure)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:38 am

Questions stops undoing the chain. She pauses to listen to whatever is inside the chest. "Who or what are you in there and what is your view on goblins?"
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:41 am

Questions pauses briefly on an attempt to figure out if there's anything inside the chest, but she gets no reply.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:52 am

Forgetful Memory looks at his hand, but still fills the urn with the prickly water from the glass fountain.
He takes a deep breath, and says "See you on the other side, but take care of my carpet and my house "
and then he takes a sip of that water.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:57 am

(oh, also, both agrees and cups go to a level from drinking from the wishing fountain)

Forgetful takes a drink of the prickly water. His eyes go wide and he starts coughing up blood as the tiny shards of glass tear into his throat. His body lands with a heavy flop against the floor.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:03 am

Questions shrugs and continues to undo the chains. Maybe there is something in the chest that will help her get rid of the muncher.
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:14 am

(cups and agrees can use their wishes to interrupt impending doom should they wish to do so.)

Questions shrugs and unties the rest of the chest.
As the last chain falls away, the chest opens, and inside are rows and rows and sharp teeth. It bellows loudly and bites questions who takes 4 damage. The loud noise wakes up munchers, who begins to roar loudly, complaining about how hungry he is.

Then the ground begins to rumble and then shake and then quake violently.
A very very loud Rawr echoes throughout the cavernous room causing both the mimic and munchers to fall silent.
The treasure mountain in the center of the room starts to rise and an avalanche of treasure begins to rush towards questions.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:23 am

Questions doges the best she can and tries to get back into the fountain room. She also uses her MP to heal herself a bit.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:30 am

Saddened by the knowledge of what he has, and what he's giving up, Cups wishes to be sent safely home.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:33 am

Questions runs for her life. As she runs, the mimic is swallowed up by the tide of treasure. As she runs, munchers spreads his arms open wide with his mouth open and tongue hanging out as though hoping that all they food would smash him right in the face. Questions is able to Scrabble through the opening just in time as the treasure wave smashes against the wall, filling up the doorway completely, tapping the goblins within the room. Munchers feasts on the treasure that's now piled across the room. With a bit of breathing space, questions focuses on healing herself, and now is back up to 2 hp.

Cups puts down the cup full of wishes and then suddenly appears standing next to the wizard who looks at him a bit surprised. He holds out his hand.
Cups arrives with no magic cup holder and no cup..

The place where he leaves from explodes as several thousand cups re-enters from an unknown location.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:48 am

Agrees is confused a bit and asks the voice, "So, if I do go back home by wish, do these items go with me, and does this little remaining bit of wishing water go with me too? Or is the only way to go home with wishing water by going through the golden gate?"
Last edited by NotStickFigures on Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:50 am

► Show Spoiler
Questions tries to duck away from the cups coming out of nowhere, using the muncher as a shield. If she survives, she quietly mourns Forgetful's passing, closes his eyes and takes the two urns next to his body, emptying their contents back into the glass fountain.
She also picks up two cups and fills all four containers (urns and cups) with water from the bone fountain. She then sniffs at the water.

(Since Forgetful is lying next to the glass fountain, I figure it is safe to assume she can put two and two together, where the water that killed Forgetful came from. If you deem this meta-gaming, please tell me so, and I'll change the post, badge. :) )
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:55 am

The voice responds "the gate of gold at the entrance to this dungeon that you came through to get here is the only way to leave with everything you have gained."

(The voice assumes that is how you got here)

Questions continues to survive. After morning for the dead she fills both urns and some cups from the bone fountain. She sniffs at the water. It doesn't smell bad. Though it's very cold.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:57 am

Questions takes a little sip from one of the cups she filled with the bone fountain water.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:03 am

Cups shakes the wizards hand and walks into the sunset.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:27 am

Questions takes a drink of the water from the bone fountain. It chills her to her very core and she feels all semblance of life leave her while still remaining very much alive.

Cups shakes the wizards hand, which isn't what he expected, and then walks into the sunset.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:30 am

"Ok," agrees says, "I wish that all of the coins in this dungeon are teleported away and go and stay at Lake Compo. (this is a lake a few miles from the goblin encampment he lives at) He hopes this just leaves the magic items that are not coins and opens up the path to traveling through doors and the dungeons more easily.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:32 am

Makes-Bad-Life-Choices saunters in, slaps the wizard on the ass, and hops through.

"Ooooo, fountains! Which is good to drink?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:36 am

(everything that exists in this dungeon including wishes granted can't exit this dungeon except by being taken through the golden gate. If you wanted to make the gold disappear or turn into butterflies you could do that)

Choices enters the fountain room, ready and willing to party.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:55 am

"I wish each of the coins in this dungeon were turned into a grain of harmless sand."
He also puts a finger into the belt-trumpets hole, to see if that muffles the mariacha music.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:05 am

The pile of gold, silver and platinum coins that had once cascaded into the room suddenly turns into sand. The sand pours into the room with a hiss until the doorway is halfway cleared. From the other room you hear a very angry roar. It's so loud that it reverberates through the walls.

From quite far off but still loud you hear something roar "my treasure".
There's some heavy, quaking footfalls and then part of a very giant eye peers through the doorway.
"I see you sneaky little thieves, how did you get past me." The voice is deep, malevolent and sounds like someone barely suppressing their blood curdling rage.

Agrees puts his hand over the trumpet which muffles the sound just a little bit.

A large patch of skin sloughs off of questions arm and falls with a splat on the floor.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:27 am

Questions picks up her skin patch and tries to attach it back to wherever it fell off from. Then she ditches the water back into the bone fountain, and fills the two urns and the two cups with water from the steel fountain, instead. She smells at it.
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:30 am

"We didn't take anything....Where did all the gold go??? I think it turned into a beach?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:32 am

"Wow, that guy sounds very un-chill. Any of these fountains got booze in them?", Choices asks, grabbing a cup from the large mountain of cups to one side of the room.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:49 am

Questions picks up the patch of skin and tries to reattach it but only manages to pick loose more, which falls to the floor. She doesn't feel any pain even though her arm bone is now showing.

She collects empties the water and fills them from the steel fountain this time. She sniffs the water. Funny she doesn't smell anything at all. Her nose falls into the cup.

Agrees makes up a great sounding fib. A low growl echoes fun the doorway. The eye looks directly at him. The eye disappears and a large claw extends into the room, moving around as if trying to reach them.

Choices grabs a cup from the pile of cups and looks around for something to drink.