The wishing fountain - everyone can play

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: The wishing fountain - everyone can play

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:27 am

Agrees grabs the belt and bag and puts the belt on, he doesn't feel any different.
He then kindly fills in the new guy of the current dangers that have been discovered at the expense of two of their own.

Forgetful collects some water from the stone fountain and takes a sip out of one of the cups. The water is cool and refreshing, yum.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:50 am

"Thank you, Agrees-with-Everyone.
So, that central one is alive, huh?
But I'm looking for the Fountain of Wishes.
"
Forgetful Memory takes another big sip of the refreshing water, and then clearly says:
"I wish to have a better memory."

► Show Spoiler
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:53 am

Forgetful takes another drink of the water and is satisfied with how cool and refreshing it is.

Nothing seems to happen regarding his wishfulness.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:05 am

Agrees will look into the belt pouch. He will sit down and dump the contents of the pouch on the floor in front of him. Does the belt he is wearing have anywhere to hook a weapon to it?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:17 am

Agrees looks into the pouch and finds more gold and silver coins. He dumps them onto the ground. Also im the pouch is a spool of twine, 2 marbles and a bouncy ball. The belt sadly lacks any hooks in which to hold a weapon, the pouch was tied around it with a piece of twine.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:24 am

Cups will greet the new arrivals, and toss a cup each into Pearl and Ruby.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:29 am

Cups chucks two of his cups into the Pearl and Ruby fountain. Both splash into the fountain, the one in the Pearl bobs a bit before sinking, the other hits, skips and then settles and sinks. Drops of both spray up against the lips of the fountains.

The liquid within the Pearl fountain hits and then drips off, the Ruby fountain hits the edge with a warm hiss.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:31 am

Agrees leaves the gold and silver on the ground, but puts the rest of the items back into the pouch and ties it back onto the belt.

He takes a deep breath and then he will carefully open the large sack. He is careful that he opens it away from him, so that if something crazy magicky about it flies out, it will go not towards him.
If nothing weird happens, he will dump the contents of the bag on the ground. He will not stick his arm or hands into the bag.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:44 am

Agrees does some inventory management and then Carefully opens the sack pointed away from him. A small tree root falls out of the bag, it looks really dry.
Otherwise the bag is empty, and looking in it proves this. A closer look reveals what appears to have maybe been potting soil at one time.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:13 am

Forgetful picks up a golden coin from near the door, and tosses it into the stone fountain with the clear water.
"I wish for a better memory!"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:17 am

The gold coin lands in the fountain with a heavy sploosh, but nothing else happens.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:21 am

". Anyone has an idea how I can test if my memory improved?"
Forgetful memory picks up another coin, and tosses it from afar into the big central fountain, followed by a repeat of his wish for a better memory.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:24 am

dark green Nose-Diver steps up to the wizard.
"a cup? why not something with a lid? or a bottle? a water skin? i am bad at balancing stuff, you know?" bruised knees and a swollen nose attest this to be true. "but i will give it a try - for the sake of our tribe."

if the wizard opens a portal, he will step in.
:zzz:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:34 am

A roughly humanoid creature forms from the water and roars "STOP THROWING THINGS AT ME."

It throws the coin back at forgetful, hitting him hard enough to hurt but not hard enough to do damage to him.

After a bit the water seems to calm down and collects itself into the form of a female goblin which splashes around in the fountain cooing and giggling. It looks at the four of you, wiggles watery eyebrows while moving it's body seductively. It giggles "hehe, the water is so nice, come play with me."

The wizard looks down at the goblin and tugs at his long beard in thought. "Well little tyke, it's a special cup." The wizard winks at diver. "But seeing as how your sworn enemy just jumped through, you'll have to sit here and wait until she dies." The wizard smiles and winks at him again. He pulls out a lollipop. "Have this candy while you wait"

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:49 am

Agrees stays far away from the water-goblin.
"Yeah, I could do that," he says, while not walking any closer, "But first, which of these fountains is the wishing fountain?"

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:14 pm

Forgetful waves his cups of water and says: "hank you, I'll stay with this one.
It's also very nice, do you want some?
"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:34 pm

The watery female goblin giggles again, and sends a wink and a kiss towards Agrees. "It's this one of course silly, I'll make all of your wishes come true, come and play with me."

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:06 pm

After listening to the recap one of the other goblins so kindly provided, Bombards-People-With-Questions grabs one cloak. She checks on all the cups in the fountains, just looking, not trying to touch.
When she's done that, she picks up four gold and four silver coins and puts - very carefully, slowly and not making the liquids inside splash - one of each kind into the ruby, emerald, pearl and stone fountain and watches for any reactions.
She looks what is "left" in the central fountain, now that the watery goblin shape is among them.

Bombards-People-With-Questions also walks up to the living water being and says: "Hi. My name is Bombards-People-With-Questions, what is yours? Can you fill one of the cups with part of you without that causing you any harm? I'm not asking you to do it, I just want to know if it is possible. And may I ask why you drowned that other goblin?
And please tell me more about the game you want to play."
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:11 pm

Forgetful Memory sighs. He patiently waits until all Goblins have some distance between them and the central fountain.
"I'm too old for that kind of fun. But a wet t-shirt is something I still like to look at." With that he throws the water in his secondd cup towards the goblinesque form in the fountain of wishes.... (without the cup)

"Witches melt when they get wet from water..." he adds, while moving backwards to the stone fountain again.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:36 pm

"My what?" Diver asks confused "whom are you talking about?"
His confusion doesn't keep him from reaching out for the lollipop.
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:06 pm

Cups ignores the wiggly water and dips out a cup of the Pearl fountain. He'll carefully give it a sniff.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:09 am

Bombards begins to do what she does best, asking lots of questions. The watery female goblin rolls her eyes at this new female who's stealing her thunder. Bombards also gave a cloak but doesn't put it on yet.

"Tehe, you ask too many questions, come into the fountain and play with me."

Forgetful tries throwing water at it from the other fountain and the watery being accidently slips.

"Oh thank you, I haven't tasted that stuff in years, it's like a fresh waterfall. Tehe, I'm not a witch silly. Come play with me."

Cups does his own thing, which involves dipping a cup into the pearl fountain. Nothing dramatic happens. He sniffs hesitantly and finds that the aroma is quite pleasing.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:36 am

Cups takes a hesitant sip, thirsty after all that cup stacking.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:53 am

A whisper comes from deep within cups mind. "Hey! You found me! What's your wish?!"

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:29 am

Agrees decides to ignore the water creature and instead goes to find one of the rings he saw earlier. He will put it on his right ring finger