The wishing fountain - everyone can play

Home to all current Forum Games.
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: The wishing fountain - everyone can play

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:19 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:27 am
"Or maybe the water is poison... I haven't tried it. Why don't you give it a go?"
"Oh, yeah, that might be a good idea." But then Agrees does not actually go and do that.
"Look at that. The water in the main fountain seems to be moving...like it's alive or something."
He will grab of a few cups from the floor and from a distance, throw them into the corpse fountain. Watching to see if it reacts in any way other than the normal ripples he would expect to see.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:24 am

Agrees picks up a few cups and throws them into the central fountain. Splash, splash, splish.

The last one shoots back out of the fountain and hits Agrees in the head doing 3 points of damage to him.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:52 am

"Ouch!" Agrees moves much further away from the offensive fountain and rubs the huge bump on his head.
He moves into what he think might be a bit safer corner and sits down for a moment to let the pounding in his head hopefully calm down a bit.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:58 am

Agrees sits down in a corner with a clang as he sits rather uncomfortably on top of a pile of cups (not stacked yet).

A few moments pass and the body of leaps is tossed out of the fountain as well, his body landing with a wet slap against the floor, cups scattering away from where he falls.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:44 pm

"The Wizard said he can portal us directly to the fountain. But which one is the fountain of wishes?"
He walks to the big one, tosses his log in it and turns around to grab one of the obviously better suited cups littering the grounds... (in the intention to use it to drink from the first fountain)
"I wish for a drink..."
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:55 pm

Thirsty tosses his crude wooden Dipper (basically just a stick with a indent on one end) into the center fountain and then turns around and bends over to pick up a cup.

The others see a watery hand reaching up out of the fountain holding the stick and watch with horror as it spanks thirsty so hard in the ass that's he's thrown part ways across the room.

Thirsty takes 3 damage.

The center fountain starts giggling.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:52 pm

Cups throws a cup into the nearest fountain and ducks behind his expertly crafted fortification.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:03 pm

Always-Thirsty stands up groggily.
"I wish the wishing fountain would reveal itself, and show me the one with healing properties"
[OoC] should have read this page's posts too[/OoC]
Grabs a cup, walks unsteadily to the fountain with clear water and fills it. "So thirsty!"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:03 pm

Cups throws a cup into the emerald fountain. It splashes with a sickly splattering and then slowly sinks. A greenish acrid scent arises from the fountain and a hissing sound escapes.

Thirsty walks unsteadily over to the fountain, dips his cup slowly into the water and then drink deeply from the cup. It tastes really really fresh, slightly sweet, and very cold. His thirst feels scratched, at least for now.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:47 pm

Bombards-People-With-Questions comes up to the wizard. "What exactly does your protection pertain? And why don't you give it to one of us before you send them off to the fountain? It seems to me that would help with them coming back intact and with the item you covet. Also, do you have any container that isn't open at the top, like a bottle or a waterskin? I would much prefer that to a cup."

(I will add colour later, right now I gotta run off to work. ;) )
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:23 am

The wizard smiles and bombards a cup and then pats her on the head. "Aren't you just full of questions, how cute, I'm sure you'll play a special part."

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:46 am

Always-Thirsty feels refreshed, and says "I wish I knew which one is the Fountain of Wishes the Wizard seeks. But this water is really refreshing. How nice of the Wizard to allow me to quench my thirst with this cold, refreshing water."
He refills his cup with the water from the stone fountain, and picks up a second cup and fills that one too.

[ooc in spoiler]
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:38 am

Thirsty fills the two cups and stands around holding them as if not intent what to do next.

The room is silent for the most part, the door at the other side of the room stands there quietly, alone.... so alone.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:56 am

Always-Thirsty walks to the wooden door and tries to push it open.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:13 am

Thirsty walks over, perfectly balancing the two cups without so much as spilling a drop and tries pushing open the door.

It doesn't budge.

Now that he's closer, he notices that the door has a knob.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:41 am

Thirsty tries to put both cups in one hand, and turn the knob to open the door.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:50 am

Thirsty knows his way around a cup or two and finds that if he uses his fingers right he can perfectly balance both cups in one hand. With his other hand now free he reaches out and turns the knob.

The door opens all by itself, but not slowly.

Thirsty is very suddenly buried beneath an avalanche of gold coins killing him almost instantly.

The door on the far wall is now pushed up against the wall as coins and jewels and goblets and platters and magical items of all sorts and sizes pour into the room, filling as far as the two fountains closest to the door. (Red and green).

At the very top of the doorway, it looks like there is space to see into whatever room contained(s) all this gold.

(Feel free to jump in with a new character krulle, should you wish to)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:24 am

Having heard of a Fountain of Wishes, Forgetful Memory's desire to improve his memory puts the potential dangers to his health below the expectations of benefit.
Forgetful Memory therefore approaches the Wizard.

"I've heard you know where I could find the Fountain of Wishes. I'd love to visit the Fountain of Wishes and improve my memory.
Where can I find the Fountain of Wishes?
"

He notes Bombards-People-With-Questions standing there, and says "Oh, hi... You here too?", and suddenly hopes she doesn't recognize his trailing off when he tried to recall her name.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:36 am

The wizard smiles kindly at both of the goblins, opens a portal, and boots them through. Two cups follow you both through the opening bouncing off your backs as they were thrown rather haphazardly.

Forgetful and bombards find themselves in a comfortable sized room in which half is filled with treasure, a large Central fountain with the dead body of leaps beside it. 4 smaller fountains surround it. Agrees is sitting in a corner and cups is in another corner picking up cups and stacking them. He has a mad look in his eyes.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:46 am

"Oh my goodness!"

Agrees just watches in horror as yet another goblin dies, this one squished beneath tons of gold and treasure.

He doesn't yet want to go peek into the new room, though. Instead he will walk around the edges of the huge pile of gold and items and search for items. He is ignoring the gold as he has no where to carry it. Instead he looks at the random items. He is looking for items he can take and not have to carry in his hands. Rings, necklaces, belts, or more importantly, a backpack or something he can carry items in.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:57 am

Agrees finds everything he could possibly want and more.

In his precursory look he spots 3 rings, a belt pouch still attached to a belt, a necklace, a chest, a hat, a gleaming helm, 2 cloaks, a few weapons, a wand and a bag. And more gold and silver coins than he can even imagine. In fact, the whole sight is rather overwhelming.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:08 am

"AAAAhhhhhh." Agrees begins to breathe too fast and forces himself to calm down. "All this treasure!"

"What are we gonna do?" he asks the remaining living goblin. "So much stuff, but everyone here is dying as soon as they touch anything other than a cup!"

He is SO torn. Afraid to try the treasure out, but just about dying from not trying it....

After staring at the items for at least 10 minutes, he goes and grabs the bag and the belt.
First he will put the belt on.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:09 am

Forgetful picks up the cup the wizard threw after him.
He then approaches the other alive Goblins and asks what happened, and which one the Fountain of Wishes is.
Eyeing the fountains and noticing weird colours of liquids in some of them, he also adds
"Does anyone know if one of the fountains contains drinkable water?"

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:14 am

"The stone fountain can be drank from safely." He points at it.

"That one, is alive or something and very dangerous, stay away from it." He points at the center, moving-water fountain. "Careful. Everything here kills goblins."

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:17 am

"Thank you, eehh...".
Forgetful picks up another cup, looks and it, while saying "By the way, I'm Forgetful Memory.".
He then walks over to the stone fountain and fill both cups with the clear water from that fountain.
He then uses the cup from the wizard to sip out of it, while observing the central fountain carefully.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Krulle on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.