Pokemon OoC Chatter, Stats, Ect.

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Pokemon OoC Chatter, Stats, Ect.

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:24 am

@Sam: No, they're not close enough to each other for you to hit both with Sleep Powder. Also, using Protect is a Free Action in this case, so Alexander can attack again this turn.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:15 pm

Oh, cool. Thanks. I'll edit my post then.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:23 pm

Lee gets 1038 XP gaining a level and a point in SpAtk.

Brooke gets 1205 XP gaining a level and a point in Speed. She is still eligible for evolution.

Audree gets the remaining 1957 and gains 2 levels with points in SDef and Atk. She also learns false swipe, replacing leer.
Hmmmm a signature... I could put some awesome things here

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:45 pm

so....um....what are we going to do about this? You still doing this or?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:54 am

....honestly, I don't know.

Don't get me wrong - I want to. I really, really want to. I've got so much of this story and world that I want to share with you guys. So many little interwoven storylines that I want you to explore and discover. So many new NPCs to interact with, places to see....

But...it's becoming more and more obvious to me that I just don't have the time to do it justice. That the pressure of it all, on top of everything else I've got to do IRL and online, is weighing me down.

I'm thinking I'll put this game on semi-hiatus for a little while. Really, in practical terms, this won't be any different from how things are already - I'll just update whenever I have time, which will probably be infrequently at best. The main point of calling it a hiatus is to take some of the pressure off - feeling like I have to update is really counterproductive for my motivation. Once the Easter holidays hit, I should have enough time to start updating more frequently. That said, no promises.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:47 am

Fair enough. I was wondering.

Sooooooo people still think we shouldnt go to ptu? We could probably ask dusk really nicely to have classes that fit our niches.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:49 am

Preparing that would just add more effort to this.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:29 pm

@Dusk, I had an idea. Since most of us are doing the gym battle, and that is part of the reason why you feel a little burned out with this, do you think we could finish the gym on our own? I believe that we're doing two different level challenges, so just give somebody on the lower level the stats for the higher level trainers, and the same with somebody doing the upper level challenge. We could finish the gym challenge sooner and then that is one less thing you have to deal with when you are ready to continue. Does that sound like a good idea?

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:24 am

Alright, I think it's about time for me to just go right out and say it: Pokemon Amethyst is dead.

I've been putting off doing this for almost a year now, trying to delude myself into thinking that I'd be able to come back to this at some point in the future. But I realised today that, even when I do have plenty of time to update, I just don't have the motivation anymore. And haven't for almost two years now (jeez, has it really been that long....?).

It was fun while it lasted, though! My only real regret is that I wasn't a better GM that was able to finish this for you guys, and for letting it die such a slow death :(

So...yeah. That's that. This post is mainly to just let you guys know for sure (finally) what's happening with this. And to open up the floor to any questions you might have, of course. While I didn't have everything planned out (and I've forgotten a lot of the little details), there's a lot of background stuff that you might be interested in. Stuff like character histories, and where the plot was going. I know Mort had some theories, and was pretty close with a couple of them, there's still a lot you missed/never found out. So, if you'd like to know more, feel free to ask.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:37 am

All I need to know is if Mr. Smithe was mewtwo's mind puppet.

It's all I care about.

Also I guess the dream stuff was cresellia/darkrai discussing mew being abducted and leading to genco?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:39 am

M0rtimer wrote:All I need to know is if Mr. Smithe was mewtwo's mind puppet.
Okay, this one's actually a little complicated. In order to properly explain it, I'm going to have to do some major plot explaining.

Short answer: no. In fact, Mewtwo was actually Smithe's puppet, in a way.

Long answer:

The main bad guy of the story was Genco's CEO, Eric Sanderson. His end goal was to achieve godlike power by fusing his genetics with that of as many god-Pokemon as possible. Everything Genco did worked towards that aim in some shape or form. The experiments on Zyph are probably the most obvious example (they were testing to see how well ordinary people could survive the bonding process), but the catching program was actually also a part of it.
After their initial attempts at catching Legendaries went....poorly, Sanderson decided it would be more efficient to send young trainers after them instead. They'd save money on training soldiers, and, as unofficial employees, Genco wouldn't be as liable if something happened to the trainers. Plus, it isn't exactly uncommon for trainers to die out in the wilderness either. A small group of trainers getting lost was less likely to raise flags than a squad of heavily armed soldiers disappearing. And they'd also kill two birds with one stone, by having the trainers start by catching regular Pokemon for use as test subjects for their experiments.

Anyway, to answer your question: Mewtwo was an early attempt at creating an artificial clone using Mew's DNA. What they made was undoubtedly powerful, but too genetically unstable for what they wanted. Trying to fuse Mewtwo's DNA to anything would've just horribly murdered the host. So, they instead locked Mewtwo up and used it as a power source to produce Masterballs, which they could use to catch other Legendaries.

If you're curious about where they got Mew's DNA, that actually ties into Sanderson's backstory. Basically, he was born and grew up in Twinleaf town, near Lake Verity. As a young boy, he happened to be out in the wilderness when he found and befriended Mew, who was there to visit Mespirit. Unfortunately, he was too young to really know what Mespirit was, and ended up grabbing Mespirit's tail, which blasted the emotions out of him. Feeling responsible for what happened, Mew wiped most of his memories, but wasn't able to undo the damage. When Sanderson woke up back at home, the only thing left over were a few faint images and some of Mew's hairs. Without emotions, Sanderson grew up to be a heartless corporate bastard, founded Genco, and....well, you can figure out the rest.
M0rtimer wrote: Also I guess the dream stuff was cresellia/darkrai discussing mew being abducted and leading to genco?
Close. Expect it wasn't Mew they caught - it was Mespirit.

Sanderson remembered just enough to know where Mespirit lived, and how to get there, making it an easy first choice for which Legendary to go for. Though Mespirit did put up a hell of a fight, hence why Sanderson decided to send trainers instead. He figured the Legendaries might lower their guards slightly if they were fighting children. Anyway, Darkrai and Cresselia were understandably pretty freaked out when they heard that someone was targeting Legendaries, and put their rivalry on hold while they tried to find out what happened.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:48 am

I'm going to say "close enough" and that hence I totally called it.

Seriously though, that's a nice, unexpected twist. Shame we couldn't have found out ourselves, but that can't be helped. :)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:54 am

Oh, I had plenty more twists where that came from. For instance, Smithe was actually one of three identical triplets - Percival, Cecil, and Lucian :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:12 am

That explains why he was dumb as a rock at one time, super smart psychic the other... I bet the psychic one stole their brothers intelligence. :P

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:16 am

Huh, I was thinking they were mass-produced clones or something. I was way off base there.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:33 am

What was the significance of Erin's group? Were they really just a bunch of asshole trainers (who had a history with Zyph) that weren't against killing off other trainers for their own gain, or was there more to them? And what was up with the ninja girl, whose name I forget?

And how much did Erin care for Mace? :shifty: :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:28 am

M0rtimer wrote:That explains why he was dumb as a rock at one time, super smart psychic the other... I bet the psychic one stole their brothers intelligence. :P
:lol: Funnily enough, the Psychic brother was actually the only good one!
► Show Spoiler
SuperVaderMan wrote:What was the significance of Erin's group? Were they really just a bunch of asshole trainers (who had a history with Zyph) that weren't against killing off other trainers for their own gain, or was there more to them? And what was up with the ninja girl, whose name I forget?
They were potential future allies. Though some were more likely to side with you than others, for varying reasons.
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:02 pm

So, I guess if there any desire to start again with a new GM? Similar to how we did at the beginning with Burns? Anybody want to take the reigns?

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:11 pm

Eeeeh. I dont think i can handle a large game. I am struggling enough with a small one