Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 386

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 128)

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:13 pm

Burned will go down with the others ready to try next turn regardless- Shaking his head at the ones who again ignore the voice of the man trying to make progress.

saithed
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by saithed » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:41 pm

turtles helps with the door

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:49 pm

Splits says " If you need more help after you guys try just holler. At this point, without a fuse, after shutting it you'll just need to open it again."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:37 am

hey guys, just to let you know I won't have time to update before Sat eve / Sun morning probably but you will get an update over the weekend :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:04 am

Just posting here I'll be gone for most of the weekend. I think I'll be back in time to post an action though. :) If not, just resume operation doorcloser.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:33 am

no bother. The following update will be Monday night as usual, so hopefully you'll have time to post :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 129)

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:48 am

Turn 129

"Ah, this went better then I expected! I wonder if these cooked mushrooms have any new properties or if they're just delicious... Anyways, guys. If all of you want to come down with me, we can see whether or not we'd be capable of closing that door if we all work together.

"After that, well, I'm sure most of you will want to see about trying to get all this gear made- And if you do, good job. If you don't, come to me. I know a million things that need to be done... That being said we're not going to do all those things, since it's time for us to slowly prepare to move on! I'll try to make sure we're capable of doing that..."

If you need more help after you guys try just holler. At this point, without a fuse, after shutting it you'll just need to open it again."

"Well, this is MUCH bigger than I thought it was."

"We could use these ribs as makeshift weapons, and this much fur would certainly be useful for making more clothes. Though I would be happy to be able to close that big door, before we get to crafting."

Eaten pulls out a couple of the [Bear Teeth] for the rabbit ritual and decides that he could probably make a few decent bits of heavy armour from the skull like a breastplate or heavy shield, but he'll need some heavy cutting tools if he wants to get through the thick bone any time soon... It's too heavy to carry with him though, so he leaves it in the cave and follows Burned, Turtles, and Questions down the ladder again ready to attempt to close the heavy metal door next turn.

Travels shakes his head and examines the bones for something he could turn into a knife. He eventually finds a [Small Bone] which he can comfortably hold, but it'll take him a while to chip it into a blade with only rocks as tools.

Splits and Finds set to work on crafting a fuse out of rabbit guts, some bear fat and some crushed centipede legs. With his extra crafting abilities, Splits takes to the task easily and creates a [Fuse] x3m which costs him 3m rabbit gut and 6 centipede legs. There's enough bear fat lying around that it doesn't matter how much you use. Finds does worse and gets stuck with his. It'll take him a bit longer before he's finished.

Tugs attempts to draw the solidity of the rocks around him into his harpoon. He feels the energy flow into the harpoon, but it doesn't seem to produce any bonus. Damn. Maybe adding solidity to an already-solid weapon isn't quite as useful as he thought... He is now at 0/1MP.

He follows the others down the ladder to help with the door next turn.

-------------------------------
[Small Bone]: The right size to be carved into a knife or similar tool.
[Bear Teeth]: Taken from a dead snow bear, for use in the rabbit's ritual.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:55 am

"Alright guys- Let's try this with all of us here. Since those other guys can't be bothered to come down..."

Burned will attempt to lift the door up.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:56 am

Eaten assists in the door lifting efforts.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:46 am

Finds will continue on his fuse making project, trying to copy Eaten's work.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Splits will continue making a fuse, showing finds the process as he works.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Tugs moves down and helps with the door.
"It's less that they can't be bothered to help and more that they're planning for the future. Even if we can close the door, we'll still need a fuse."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 130)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:40 am

Turn 130

"Alright guys- Let's try this with all of us here. Since those other guys can't be bothered to come down..."
"It's less that they can't be bothered to help and more that they're planning for the future. Even if we can close the door, we'll still need a fuse."

Burned and Tugs squabble again and try to close the door with Eaten's help. Questions and Turtles space out, but for the sake of expediency and since they came down to help, they join in too. Between the five of them they just manage to get the door closed again. It might be easier if those hinges weren't so rusty, but at least they know it's possible!

Back upstairs Splits and Find continue to make their really long fuse and both of them do pretty well, at least until they run out of rabbit gut. They now have a total of 6m of fuse (in Splits' inventory) ready to use. Travels spaces out.

----------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:44 am

"Hmm... Alright, this door will need to come back down as well, but I think it'd be a lot easier- Safer too probably- If those hinges weren't so rusty. So I'm going to get some of that bear fat and try to grease them up a bit. Or does one of you guys want to do that? Because if so, I also have a damn wall to go and talk to..."

"...What are you looking at? What? No, of course I'm not starting to think inanimate rock can talk! I'm talking about that part of the cliff Travels, well, "talked" to and it didn't let him pass. Something about a key."

Mr. Rock is the only inanimate rock that can talk.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:55 am

Splits picks up a gob of bear fat and then carries the fuse and bear fat downstairs, if possible rub the bear fat on the hinges.

Splits says "Here is a concern of mine: If 5 goblins can close or open the door then couldn't an explosion very easily open the same door?"...."If the door opened into the room i wouldn't be so worried about this, but as it opens outward this could be a problem unless we prop something against the door to block it"

"On the possibility that I am correct and the "supposed" explosion will open the door, we may want to push the round stone piece over the ladder hole as a backup"

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:39 pm

Travels will attempt to make a knife out of the bone....
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

saithed
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by saithed » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:29 pm

sorry for missing the post uni has started and i got a bit distracted

thank thinks for letting turtles acts this turn

turtles well mediate and listen to what the others are planing

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:57 pm

"It may be less of an explosion than a burst of fire. And if it was safe in the past, when the door wasn't so hard to move, it's probably safe now. But yes, we probably should try to replace the stone circle."
Tugs takes a few steps away from the door, then meditates.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:57 am

Still waiting on a bunch of actions, including you m0rt :) There's only talking in your post!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:06 am

Sorry, I intended to double move up. :P :)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:42 am

Eaten does a small jig for no apparent reason, then moves up the ladder and considers what sort of tools he would need to cut the skull into armour. A saw? Hammer and chisel? Axe?

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:15 am

FindsTruth will go down and help in the Chiefs plan, whatever it is.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 131)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:22 pm

Turn 131

Down at the door, the goblins discuss the risks involved in setting enormous monsters on fire.

"Hmm... Alright, this door will need to come back down as well, but I think it'd be a lot easier- Safer too probably- If those hinges weren't so rusty. So I'm going to get some of that bear fat and try to grease them up a bit. Or does one of you guys want to do that? Because if so, I also have a damn wall to go and talk to... What are you looking at? What? No, of course I'm not starting to think inanimate rock can talk! I'm talking about that part of the cliff Travels, well, "talked" to and it didn't let him pass. Something about a key." Mr. Rock is the only inanimate rock that can talk.

"Here is a concern of mine: If 5 goblins can close or open the door then couldn't an explosion very easily open the same door?"...."If the door opened into the room i wouldn't be so worried about this, but as it opens outward this could be a problem unless we prop something against the door to block it On the possibility that I am correct and the "supposed" explosion will open the door, we may want to push the round stone piece over the ladder hole as a backup"

"It may be less of an explosion than a burst of fire. And if it was safe in the past, when the door wasn't so hard to move, it's probably safe now. But yes, we probably should try to replace the stone circle."

Splits arrives down the ladder with Finds and a big lump of bear fat while Tugs and Turtles meditate and recover 1MP.

Questions spaces out (again).

Burned heads back upstairs with Eaten, where they find Travels looking very pleased with himself! It seems that a lucky strike with a rock has split his bone into a near-perfect blade and provided him with a [Bone Knife].

Eaten has a quick look at the bear skull. Given its thickness, he's going to need something like a metal saw. An axe MIGHT do the job, but it would be a crude tool for crafting with and might damage the skill beyond repair.

------------------------

asks: That's you missed 2 actions in a row now, if you miss another I'll need to find a replacement player.

[Bone Knife]: +1 ATT.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:34 pm

Splits will try to grease the hinges using the bear fat (if they are available from the exterior)

if not then splits will attempt to open the door using his mind (1 MP) or, if the others are willing to help open it manually.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:41 pm

"You guys got it covered down there? Don't forget to grease the hinges first! That should make it a lot easier! Do you guys need me to bring some down?"

If necessary, Burns will take some of the bear fat and bring it down for someone else to use. Otherwise, he will move out of the cave, and to the left.

"Hmm... He makes a fair point. If it's a blast of fire as I thought it would be, it's possible the door got knocked over... But then again, we could clearly see there were no scorch marks past the doors, so we can only presume that the door will be able to hold back whatever happens. So I think it'll be alright... We'll probably run though, just in case."