Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 386

Home to all current Forum Games.
Quarg

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 131)

Post by Quarg » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:05 pm

Travels beleives that they have to sacrifice other life forms in the fire to ignite the creature within the egg. But Burns is so focused on the concpet of a firebird he never paid any attention to what he said previously. Travels decides to go take his Bone Knife and investigate outdoors...
(Also, what happened to my coat?)
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:11 pm

(Is he actually saying that out loud, or just thinking to himself?)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:25 pm

M0rtimer wrote:(Is he actually saying that out loud, or just thinking to himself?)
This was internal monalog...

I suppose I should make it external.
Travels finally shouts at Burns..."Nepa Zim badisaria Narm nacht kinza Narm escu sera gananarm. Estu Narm don Narm escu nairem keztra nefara zep keira gananarm ser Zem...Nepa Punta"

Code: Select all

Hell of the Thousand Circles, Your sexual infatuation with Fire blinds [that] the fire egg sucks lifeenergy.  Starting [a] fire under [the] fire egg will lead to it attacking [the] life energy in You....Fire Whore.  

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:28 pm

Quarg wrote:(Also, what happened to my coat?)
You took it off for some reason aaaaaaaages ago and it's been sitting in your inventory ever since :P It's still there if you want to put it back on

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:35 pm

Travels will also put on his coat....

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:37 pm

question will move up and outside if possible
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:01 pm

"What? Travels, you know I don't speak your native language. I know speaking common is hard, but could you please try to speak it regardless? Nobody can understand you otherwise."

saithed
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by saithed » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:40 pm

"maybe the door contains magics similar to the anti fire ring we found?? give me a moment i will check"

tutles uses his magic to scan the door for any enchantments if there are none then an examination of the exact properties of the door strenght, heat resistance etc

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:48 pm

"Wait, there is an anti-fire ring..."

"problem solved, i will wear the ring, you will close the door behind me and seal the stone over the ladder hole and then i will light the fire personally"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:50 pm

"Er, mate, that ain't an anti-fire ring!" Burned yells only barely having heard the suicidal plan. "It's a ring of fire PROTECTION! Like it'll make sure you won't get burned as quickly, but you'd be a crisp if you entered that inferno with just that ring!"

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Travels states in his best common, "Fire Egg eats life to be born...fire and life...if only fire then will take your life..."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:07 pm

"...Hmm. And what are you basing that on? I don't remember reading anything of the likes- Only Princess Sparkles confirming that the fire-bird is a friend of our clan."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:04 am

Tugs will see if he can pull the solidity enchantment out of the slot in his harpoon.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:34 am

M0rtimer wrote:"...Hmm. And what are you basing that on? I don't remember reading anything of the likes- Only Princess Sparkles confirming that the fire-bird is a friend of our clan."
Travels raises his hand "Ein, rock with paint show sacrifice...zwei...bones around nest...drei....fire egg suck life...remember? Sparkles Ask yes?"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:46 am

With nothing left to really do, at least until he can find some bigger tools for crafting, Eaten decides to work on his earth magiks. Focusing hard, he attempts to draw the pressure caused by rock pushing down on rock out from under the ground, and direct it to smash a pebble laying in front of him.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:47 am

"Hmm... The painting didn't really strike me as a sacrificial ritual, just a regular one... I would figure we'd have seen something of bodies being offered if that were the case."

"The bodies is a valid point though. But most of them were human I believe...Were there any goblins? I'm guessing it's possible they did offer some sacrifices, but I don't think it'd necessarily attack us... Besides, it looked more as if they were burned by the inferno that is to ensue once we light the fire... Well, assuming it wasn't the bird who did that..."

"Anyways, I don't think it's likely considering your last point. Didn't you hear how they both described it? He didn't necessarily try to steal their life energy, but more of their "warmth". Not to mention the feeling of loneliness. I think that, giving it what it wants with the pyre, and with us there for "company" so to speak, it won't attack us... I'll go in first if you'd so require."

"But yes, I'll ask Sparkles to see if she knows anything about that. For now I'm going to check out that wall you found."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:06 am

Dusk9 wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:13 pm

Finds will either help with the greasing or opening, depending on what's going on.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:16 pm

Travels will follow Burns to the wall. As that seems to be a safer route than birthing a fire bird...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:19 am

"The bodies is a valid point though. But most of them were human I believe...Were there any goblins? I'm guessing it's possible they did offer some sacrifices, but I don't think it'd necessarily attack us... Besides, it looked more as if they were burned by the inferno that is to ensue once we light the fire... Well, assuming it wasn't the bird who did that..."

"Do you not think the bodies would have been burned regardless of how they had died?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 132)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:31 pm

Turn 132

There is a lengthy discussion about the merits and dangers of setting the giant egg on fire...

"You guys got it covered down there? Don't forget to grease the hinges first! That should make it a lot easier! Do you guys need me to bring some down? Hmm... He makes a fair point. If it's a blast of fire as I thought it would be, it's possible the door got knocked over... But then again, we could clearly see there were no scorch marks past the doors, so we can only presume that the door will be able to hold back whatever happens. So I think it'll be alright... We'll probably run though, just in case."
"Do you not think the bodies would have been burned regardless of how they had died?"
"Nepa Zim badisaria Narm nacht kinza Narm escu sera gananarm. Estu Narm don Narm escu nairem keztra nefara zep keira gananarm ser Zem...Nepa Punta"
"What? Travels, you know I don't speak your native language. I know speaking common is hard, but could you please try to speak it regardless? Nobody can understand you otherwise."
"Fire Egg eats life to be born...fire and life...if only fire then will take your life..."
"...Hmm. And what are you basing that on? I don't remember reading anything of the likes- Only Princess Sparkles confirming that the fire-bird is a friend of our clan."
"Ein, rock with paint show sacrifice...zwei...bones around nest...drei....fire egg suck life...remember? Sparkles Ask yes?"
"Hmm... The painting didn't really strike me as a sacrificial ritual, just a regular one... I would figure we'd have seen something of bodies being offered if that were the case. The bodies is a valid point though. But most of them were human I believe...Were there any goblins? I'm guessing it's possible they did offer some sacrifices, but I don't think it'd necessarily attack us... Besides, it looked more as if they were burned by the inferno that is to ensue once we light the fire... Well, assuming it wasn't the bird who did that...

"Anyways, I don't think it's likely considering your last point. Didn't you hear how they both described it? He didn't necessarily try to steal their life energy, but more of their "warmth". Not to mention the feeling of loneliness. I think that, giving it what it wants with the pyre, and with us there for "company" so to speak, it won't attack us... I'll go in first if you'd so require. But yes, I'll ask Sparkles to see if she knows anything about that. For now I'm going to check out that wall you found."

"maybe the door contains magics similar to the anti fire ring we found?? give me a moment i will check"
"Wait, there is an anti-fire ring... Problem solved, i will wear the ring, you will close the door behind me and seal the stone over the ladder hole and then i will light the fire personally"
"Er, mate, that ain't an anti-fire ring! t's a ring of fire PROTECTION! Like it'll make sure you won't get burned as quickly, but you'd be a crisp if you entered that inferno with just that ring!"

Eventually, they all stop arguing and Burned and Travels head back outside into the cold and to the left. Burned's clan amulet starts trembling against his chest.

Questions heads upstairs again, where Eaten is attempting to use the weight of a mountain to crush a pebble. He quickly latches onto the strand of power he is searching for and follows it down... As his mind plunges deeper and deeper into the crushing depths of the rock around him he can feel the pressure building in his skull, rising to an almost unbearable level as his mind fills with more power than he'd imagined it could hold. Just as he feels like his skull is going to split from the effort, he releases the energy and pebble in front of him cracks in half!

Eaten suspects he just got rather lucky, but even so, he feels stronger than he did... Hey! Eaten has become an [Adept Magician]! He is now at 0/2MP*

Back downstairs, Splits rubs the bear fat into the door hinges while Finds shoves the door as best he can to work it into the hinges. It's still bloody heavy, but that'll probably make it easier to open and close now.

Turtles focuses his magic on the door. The spell comes easily to him as he scans the metal, but he can't detect anything magical about it.

Tugs attempts to draw the 'solidity' enchantment out of his harpoon. It costs him 1MP, but he's successful.

----------------------------------

* Eaten got very lucky with that attempt but the dice seemed to enjoy rolling 20s today so there you go :).

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Splits will attempt to open the door and then will move left

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:42 pm

questions grabs a tiny little piece of bone from the bear, which he uses as a pin to keep the blanket together
and heads outside, wearing his cape blanket
Last edited by askstoomuch on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:51 pm

Yay!

Invigorated by his success, Eaten sits around doing nothing (i.e. meditates).

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:55 pm

Tugs meditates.
My game:

My characters: