Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 386

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 132)

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:05 pm

"Alright... Let's see about this." Using some of his magic, he will attempt to channel the door- Speaking out.

"Door! I am the chief of those who had left the mountain halls! I carry this amulet as proof of this fact! I demand you open for me- Or tell me what key you were talking about to my goblins!"

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:50 pm

Travels will of course dance waiting for the mountain to recognize the one true heir...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

saithed
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by saithed » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:20 pm

Turltes will try eatens trick of crackling rocks

first scanning the earth to identify the engeris envloved before attempting it

congrats dusk you may have discovered a decent attack spell may help with crafting at the very least

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:34 am

Finds will go back upstairs and attempt to find and preserve any tendons from the bear.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Donnigan on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:49 am

Sure, if you want to look for / attempt to retrieve tendon or sinew then crack on. No one specified anything during the butchery so you got the basics but you can always look again if you have something particular in mind.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 133)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:55 pm

Turn 133

Splits attempts to open the door, but even with greased hinges it's far too heavy for one goblin to open alone.

Tugs meditates and regains his MP.

Turtles attempts to copy the spell that Eaten just did, but as he sends his mind deep down into the rock and feels the pressure build around him, he knows he can't reach deep enough to break the pebble. He reaches as deep as he can and releases the energy like a spring... The pebble in front of him shudders, but otherwise nothing happens. Eaten must have been luckier last time than they thought... Turtles is reduced to 0/3MP.

Eaten, flushed with success, meditates and recovers himself to 1/2MP, while Finds searches the carcass for more sinew. He does ok, and collects 2m of it.

Questions picks up a small bone from the bear to use as a clasp for his blanket and heads outside into the cold. He no longer needs to hold the blanket closed and can use both hands freely again.

Burned starts talking to the wall of rock...

"Door! I am the chief of those who had left the mountain halls! I carry this amulet as proof of this fact! I demand you open for me- Or tell me what key you were talking about to my goblins!"

A deep rumbling vibrates from the mountain and the rock face starts to glow...

"Hahahahaha! Demands! Demands! You little mortals are always so full of self-importance... But where are my manners? Well met, Chief of Those Who Had Left the Mountain Halls, I am The One Who Guards the Front Door. I have been waiting a long time for your people to come back. What took you so long?"

----------------------------
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:08 pm

"We have been surviving on our own, far away from here. And while that is great and all, and we lived in relative comfort... However, it is nothing more then a shadow if we look back at our legacy. So we decided to come traveling looking for the mountain halls, and look at this? Looks like we found it."

"Though, something tells me your not going to be kind enough to just let me and the rest of my clan in. Not that I'd terribly mind, since let us be honest, would both of us want to go through the trouble? Regardless, what would need to happen for you to... Open the front door so to speak?"

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:14 pm

FindsTruth will continue to collect the Sinew.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:59 pm

questions heads to were the chief is at double time
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:11 pm

Travels just shrugs at the Mountian...He wasn't sure why they left either...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:59 pm

Feeling alone and abandoned, splits will climb back upstairs and help with the sinew collection.

saithed
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by saithed » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:32 pm

"rember when rocks didn't talk?? princess and now the mountain i am starting to miss home"

turtles meditates
do we want to introduce the proncess to the door??we may learn something or get an ear fu
ll of prattle

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:27 am

Tugs uses the cold in the pools of water to fill the slot in his harpoon.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:28 am

Eaten does more meditations.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 134)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:16 pm

Turn 134

"We have been surviving on our own, far away from here. And while that is great and all, and we lived in relative comfort... However, it is nothing more then a shadow if we look back at our legacy. So we decided to come traveling looking for the mountain halls, and look at this? Looks like we found it. Though, something tells me your not going to be kind enough to just let me and the rest of my clan in. Not that I'd terribly mind, since let us be honest, would both of us want to go through the trouble? Regardless, what would need to happen for you to... Open the front door so to speak?"

"Hahahahaha! Yes... Yes, a quest would be the proper thing wouldn't it? Well what shall it be... Perhaps you could collect me ten snowbeast hides of the finest quality? Or climb to the very top of the Needle and bring me one of the little yellow flowers that grows on the valley? Perhaps you should slay me a dragon, hmmm?"

"Uh... We had enough trouble with a bear, but-"

"Hahahahahahah! Oh come now! What use have I got for hunks of dead meat and pretty flowers? I was enchanted to wait here until the day the Clan of the Mountain Halls returned to clear out the menace that almost destroyed your ancestors. If you want to go home, all you have to do is ask! Now, it's been a little while, so I imagine you are unfamiliar with the seals that were placed around the Mountain, is that correct?"

"Seals?"

"That's what I thought. Well then. As I'm sure you know, a great Enemy came to the halls of your ancestors and all but exterminated them. Your people were too few and too weak to destroy it, but thanks to a few brave warriors, it was successfully imprisoned behind two magical seals. The first (that's me!) sealed the mountain to all magics, cutting the creature off from its primary source of strength. The second seal holds back its physical form, which is trapped deep within the Halls themselves. To get to the enemy, you must first break both those seals.

The first one is easy, for you at least! You are the heir to these Halls and so I am bound to obey your word, but be warned! As soon as I disappear, magic will flow freely through the Mountain again and the creature will start regenerating its power.

So little King, what is your command?"

In the cave, Eaten meditates again, restoring his MP to 2/2. Splits arrives to help with the sinew collecting, but by the time he gets there Finds has already collected all the rest of it. Dammit! Finds' adds another 8m to his collection.

Downstairs, Turtles is homesick.

"rember when rocks didn't talk?? princess and now the mountain i am starting to miss home"

He meditates to take his mind off it while Tugs fills the second slot of his harpoon with coldness from the water. You'd think all the snow and ice outside would be a better source than liquid water, but whatever. His harpoon gains the temporary power: [Ice Bite]. He's now at 0/1MP

----------------------------------------
[Ice Bite]: Does an additional +1 COLD Damage. Has a small chance of freezing the target solid.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:23 pm

"Great. Thank you. But hold the seal for now. I will have to gather up the rest of my clan and make a few final preparations. Ill-equipped as we are..."

"Regardless, we will return soon. Come Travels- Let's get back to the others."

Burned double moves back to the others.

OOC:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:44 pm

Tugs meditates again.

OOC:
► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:59 pm

Finds will begin shaping Rib Bones of the Bear into spear/Arrowheads for his Clan.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:13 am

Dlover wrote:OOC:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

saithed
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by saithed » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:32 am

turtles goes up the ladder and takes one of the rib bones checking it's weight and general properties has a future weapon

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:44 am

Splits will help finds tear the rib bones off the corpse and begin making spearheads.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:43 am

Questions Wakes up to the talking mountain ghost thimgie

"Hey mountain Guy, I got a couple of questions for you"
"We're like super underquipt, look at me I'm not even wearing pants, is There like a Secret Stach of ancient weapons around here ?"

" know any cool magic trics? "

"Don't you get like bored waiting here all the time "

" what's up with the turtles, are they like magic ?"

If he ignores me questions heads for the forest to get wood for spears
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 135)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:04 pm

Turn 135

"Great. Thank you. But hold the seal for now. I will have to gather up the rest of my clan and make a few final preparations. Ill-equipped as we are... Regardless, we will return soon. Come Travels- Let's get back to the others."

"Hey mountain Guy, I got a couple of questions for you. We're like super underquipt, look at me I'm not even wearing pants, is There like a Secret Stach of ancient weapons around here ? Know any cool magic trics? Don't you get like bored waiting here all the time. What's up with the turtles, are they like magic?

"Hohohohohohoho! So many questions little goblin. But I do not know the answers, I am after all, just a door"

Travels spaces out.

Questions heads south towards the forest and reaches an area they haven't seen in over 100 turns...

and Burned heads back to the cave...

Splits and Finds each pull a rib off the bear skeleton and set to work smashing them into shards. There are plenty of raw pieces to work from and with a little bit of shaping, they should do fine as arrow or spear heads.

Turtles appears from downstairs ready to help with the crafting next turn.

Eaten dozes off.

Down below, Tugs meditates and regains his MP.

--------------------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Travels moves south...towards the woods to gather firewood...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:07 pm

Tugs climbs up to the cave.
My game:

My characters: