Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 386

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 200!)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:41 am

BeanDip wrote:Also, the blacksmith machine is named Destyn?
The orange guy is named Destyn :)

Also it looks like I'll need to replace kurik ( :( ), so for now feel free to vote for his actions if you want to.

EDIT: I'll also update this one tomorrow morning to give you guys a bit more time to decide on your strategy if you like (still missing actions from some folk anyway).

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:50 am

Fair do's to M0rt. The sword, the forge and the blacksmith machine will still be here later. Our compatriots might not. I like your plan as well.

Change my action. Shell will grab those rusty looking daggers over there and rush out of the room, going left if he can.
M0rtimer wrote:
(Also no the light that brings your shadow alive isn't magic that is just what shadows do I mean where did you get that thought? :P)
Then I think might shadow might be sick or something. It hardly ever attacks me :(
Last edited by BeanDip on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:08 am

What should Lurks do?
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:16 am

I'm thinking that Lurks should head to the Golem room. All together, the goblins inside that room should try to lure the golem onto the pressure plates or otherwise distract it.
Meanwhile questions should try pressing the button to turn the light off again. Travels should get a potion in him or have Finds give him one. Hopefully it will be a healing potion.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:33 am

FindsTruth will attempt to suck Energy from Travel's Shadow and send it into Travels(Like the HP suck thing. If this will hurt Travels, instead he will transfer it into the Magic Spear that he currently holds.

I can also change this if people think it isn't something to do. I figure that these shadow have something holding them together and it might help.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:36 am

(Putting everything that is OOC in italics so it's a bit more overseeable)

Asks,you should at least not jump in front of one of the shadows since that will almost surely lead to your demise...

Instead, you have three potions in your inventory- Now we're not sure, but I'm going by the red = healing thing and hoping that feeding him the red potion will heal him. So you could try giving that to Traves and hopefully he'll be alright.

Burned curses a bit as he quickly extinguishes the fire, hoping the coal will still be useable again later, before grabbing his spear from hammerspace and rushing out to outside the forge, standing his ground and attacking the golem should it arrive.

"Wait... Hold on, one second! If we want any help of Destyn we're going to need to get his sword outside! I think that we could only pull that off while we're inside that blacksmith machine..."

(Oh boy, even more complications! Just what we needed!

Don I agree that there's something holding the shadows together but I doubt it's life energy. If you think the 1 guaranteed damage and possible weapon channel is worth it over dealing 3ATT though, go for it.)

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:44 am

► Show Spoiler
"Damn it, you're right. Hopefully he'll help us." Shell will get inside the Blacksmith Machine, power it on and grab the sword. When someone opens the portal, Shell will pass the sword through it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:04 pm

Welp, I guess Tugs is going to go hang out outside the forge too. If the golem shows up he stabs it.
Last edited by Dlover on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:17 pm

Perhaps people should also condition their actions to attack it instead of just staring at it if it isn't slowed down by that trap...

Burned helps assist Shell get the sword through the portal as neccessary- Back outside he speaks to Destyn.

"Destyn, I'm truly sorry about this- But for once this isn't actually our own fault. That thing there is out for our blood, and once it's done with us probably you too- So consider it as this- A thank you for saving you from that mob of minions earlier, and so the sooner we have this guy dealt with we can finally have your sword upgraded, alright? You'll have more than earned it by that point."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:28 am

Ok, actions are locked and I'm going to try and turn all this into something resembling an update :) Wish me luck!

Also - I've had word from kurik and he's unfortunately dealing with some shit right now, so I'm going to be looking for a temporary stand-in player for Splits until he's up to coming back. Not sure how long it'll be for, but if you're interested in the spot I'll put sign-up instructions in the update post.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 201)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:56 am

Turn 201

"Wait... Hold on, one second! If we want any help of Destyn we're going to need to get his sword outside! I think that we could only pull that off while we're inside that blacksmith machine..."
"Damn it, you're right. Hopefully he'll help us."

Burned pops back out of the blacksmith room to speak to Destyn.

"Destyn, I'm truly sorry about this- But for once this isn't actually our own fault. That thing there is out for our blood, and once it's done with us probably you too- So consider it as this- A thank you for saving you from that mob of minions earlier, and so the sooner we have this guy dealt with we can finally have your sword upgraded, alright? You'll have more than earned it by that point."
"Oh, ok. Well, I'm not much of a fighter without my sword so yeah, I guess I'd better take it back."

Destyn reaches his arm through the portal and fishes his sword back out. It was surprisingly uncomplicated.

Tugs exits the forge and gets ready to attack the golem if it shows up...

Eaten pauses for a second, then charges left to join the others. He hears an angry bellow from behind him and the slow crash of heavy footsteps.

Inside the forge, Shell gets ready to use the Blacksmith to move the sword, but it appears it's not necessary and Destyn is able to fetch it out on him own.

At the teleportation pad, the golem bellows and lumbers heavily after Eaten. As it stomps after him, it triggers the pressure plate on the floor and the boulder cracks him on the head! It shakes off the blow, but he's not going any further this turn.

At the light-room, Questions throws himself over Travels in an attempt to save him from further attacks from the shadow-things. As soon as he touches Travels, their shadows seem to blend together, growing in size and apparently in strength! The double-shadow attacks Questions, and this time strikes through his defences doing 3 DAM and knocking him down to 0/5HP! Questions is now DISABLED and will die next turn if he's not stabilised.

Finds uses 1MP to try and draw health from his own shadow to transfer into Travels, but the shade resists his magic and the spell fails... Finds is hit again for another 1 DAM.

His companions unable to save him, Travels succumbs to his injuries and dies. As he dies, his shadow also fades from existence and the double-shadow goes back to just being Questions' sized.

-----------------------------
► Show Spoiler
TEMPORARY PLAYER SPOT OPEN: I'm looking for a temporary replacement player for Splits since kurik isn't going to be able to play for a bit. If anyone's interested, please post in spoilers in this thread and you can start next turn (Monday). If there's more than one person interested, I'll make a random draw.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Temporary spot open!)

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:33 am

► Show Spoiler
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:56 am

► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:00 am

fuck....
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:04 am

► Show Spoiler
"Thank ye Destyn. I'm really sorry about the additional wait once again, but I promise there'll be no more distractions after this... Unless the demon himself starts breaking out of his cage, I guess. Must admit I'm not exactly happy a great hero such as you isn't interested in helping save the world, but I guess you've been waiting for a very long time... So get ready- Here it comes."

"Also, we might have a plan to use a magical machine on this guy- So if we start running to the right, you'll probably want to trail back a bit, unless the guy has it's eyes on you. Most important thing is you don't get caught in the ray as well, alright?"

Burned attacks the golem as soon as it enters the room.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:07 am

► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:48 am

► Show Spoiler
Shell will grab those rusty looking daggers over there and rush out of the room, if the golem enters the room he'll attack.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:48 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:17 am

► Show Spoiler
Tugs stands on guard, awaiting the arrival of the enemy.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:20 am

Probably should have said sooner, but I'll make the replacement player roll tonight (about 8-9pm GMT) so there's time to get an action in for MOnday's update.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:31 am

since nobody is posting for finds

finds will make sure questions survives this shadowy demon party
force feeding him that red potion evreybody is talking about

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:31 pm

The red potion is in Question's inventory and can only be accessed by Questions.

I THINK that we set a precedent for using first aid to stabilise a dying person though at some point, so I'll allow a dice roll for e.g. binding wounds (50% chance of success) if the first aider is willing to spend the entire turn on the activity. It's more of a gamble compared to actual healing, but it might be the only option for saving Questions at this point (unless you can think up some other way).

------------------------------------------

ROLLING FOR THE TEMPORARY PLAYER:

ChuckDaRighteous: 83
BadgeAddict: 90
Looksatyoufunny: 97
spiderwrangler: 49

Congratulations LAYF! Those were some high rolls to beat :) Please feel free to post actions from now for Splits, and you can continue until kurik comes back.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Temporary player chosen)

Post by LAYF » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:43 pm

YAY :D
► Show Spoiler
"Finds! Are there any way you can stabilize Questions And turn of the light?"
If Questions turns off the light! Split will run in and help his friends with the shades! *Not running in there creating more of those things!
Else he will go and help with the Golem!
"Why does things always divide my attention! My focus is newer in one place!"

*Sorry, I had to ;)

*If there is votes for Finds, I vote to stabilize Questions first as Ask says, Turning off light if time is there!
-Best regards LAYF

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:24 pm

yes save questions do it
he can't do anything cause he is well nearly dead but yeah save questions !

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Eaten hides retreats, meditating behind Destyn to recover some of his magiks in time for the fight.