Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 386

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 204)

Post by Nolandking » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:07 am

Lurks stand around wait for any need for his help
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:11 am

"Here ya go Shell." Burned says, handing over the ingredients, while maintaining temperature.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am

FindsTruth will continue to Murder his own shadow.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 205)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:23 pm

Turn 205

"Hey Burned, I'll need that bag of stuff Destyn gave you. Please and thank you."
"Here ya go Shell."

Shell moves to accept the collection of items from Burned and manages to activate a small drawer in the front of the machine which shoots open. Burned pops the items into the drawer. The blacksmith beeps and the drawer slides shut.

Shell moves the blacksmith to pick up the sword, and get started, but the blacksmith pauses as a voice resonates in his head.

UPGRADE COMPONENTS ACCEPTED. PLEASE VISUALISE THE DESIRED CONSTRUCTION METHODS LEADING TO THE FINISHED PRODUCT.

Hmmm... This could be tricky. Since Shell doesn't have much experience with crafting, it is going to be a bit of a risk to continue... He can have a guess at how to construct the sword, or maybe practice with something simpler first?

Burned keeps pumping the bellows, sweat drenching into his woolen shirt.

Lurks waits for someone to need his help, but everything seems under control here for now.

Splits meditates and regains his other MP.

Tugs rests and recovers 1HP.

Eaten spaces out.

Finds continues to beat his shadow with the axe. It now looks like it might be starting to fade, but there's still plenty of fight left in it! Maybe he can speed up the battle somehow?

---------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:39 pm

Tugs Continues to rest, keeping one eye open in case of danger.
"Eaten, if you aren't going to do anything, perhaps search the remains around us for anything useful or interesting."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:48 am

"I wonder if the library would have a book on sword-crafting or perhaps there's instructions in one of those chests." Shell says.

Shell will reach up with the machine and bring those three chests down. He'll open the two of them that haven't been checked and examine the contents.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:40 am

"Oh, something to do! I'll go looking for you" Split says and sprints off to the library
(He will be looking for books on blacksmith workings and enchanting)
-Best regards LAYF

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:55 am

Realizing that just standing still gormlessly isn't going to help him recover mana, Eaten sits down and meditates.

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:08 pm

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:"Oh, something to do! I'll go looking for you" Split says and sprints off to the library
""Careful!" Shell will shout before Splits leaves, "There's some kind of crazy bug infestation in there!" "
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:17 pm

"Right... I'm pretty sure those things are gonna try and take over the universe."

"Hmm. I guess some practice wouldn't hurt... Could you remove those items you have for now then, don't want to use any of them by accident. And I doubt those chests will contain any books, but it does potentially contain items we could use to try and experiment with... If you can't get them down, lift me up there and I'll see what I can do alright?"

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:21 pm

"I'll be careful... maybe they are friendly?"
-Best regards LAYF

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:47 pm

Lurks go with Split for safety in numbers.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:20 pm

FindsTruth, will, on a hunch, flip off the light that is in the room and continue to smash his shadow.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 206)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:35 pm

Turn 206

"Eaten, if you aren't going to do anything, perhaps search the remains around us for anything useful or interesting."

Tugs rests and regains 1HP while Eaten meditates to get back 1MP.

Locked in an epic battle with his shadow, Finds flicks the lightswitch off and the shadow weakens in the gloom! With one final strike he destroys the creature and his shadow returns to normal. Hooray!

"I wonder if the library would have a book on sword-crafting or perhaps there's instructions in one of those chests."
"Oh, something to do! I'll go looking for you"
"Careful!" Shell will shout before Splits leaves, "There's some kind of crazy bug infestation in there!"
"Right... I'm pretty sure those things are gonna try and take over the universe. Hmm. I guess some practice wouldn't hurt... Could you remove those items you have for now then, don't want to use any of them by accident. And I doubt those chests will contain any books, but it does potentially contain items we could use to try and experiment with... If you can't get them down, lift me up there and I'll see what I can do alright?"
"I'll be careful... maybe they are friendly?"

Shell decides to practice with something a little less important first and reaches the machine's arms up to the chests on the shelf.

CRAFTING ABORTED. COMPONENTS EJECTED.

Burned takes the items out of the little drawer while Shell lifts the topmost chest down to floor level.

Splits and Lurks go back to the weaver's classroom to look for a book on crafting. It's... a little fuller than they left it. No way are they going to be able to find anything in here with the room like this!

-------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Dang; was hoping this would be faster. Now that those other two chests aren't blocked it might be quicker if you looked in them instead, Burned."

If Burned agrees , Shell will lift Burned onto that shelf with the crates. If Burned
doesn't agree, then he'll just leave Burned there.

Inspecting the chest on the ground, Shell has an idea. "Bet I can get some extra crafting materials from this."

As a major action, Shell will begin to break the crate down into scrap, hopefully gaining metal (locks, nails, bands, caps, rivets, hinges) and wood.
Last edited by BeanDip on Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:54 pm

"Yea, that chest there is filled with ore... Should be useful- Maybe try crafting a sword or some armour with it? I'll take a look in what's in those chests up there while ya do that..." Burned says, opening the leftmost chest after being lifted up.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Tugs continues to rest.

Upside to the masses of tiny things: They don't seem to be able to get out of that room.
Downside to the masses of tiny things: They don't seem to be able to get out of that room, so we can't flood the place with them and let the 'demon' drown in their bodies. Still think the demon is a magically gifted child.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:46 am

Only three actions? If no-one else posts by this evening I'm going to skip today's (Friday's) update and come back on Monday.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:58 am

Oh :S I had somehow not see the update :S

"Damn... this wont work at all... Ah well.."

Split will go over to Finds, avoiding the teleporter room trap and turn on the light (not the shadow light) and look over the keys...
-Best regards LAYF

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:49 am

FindsTruth will pant a bit as he stands over his own Shadow...And then he will slowly go over to where Questions and Travels lay and pick them both up and bring them towards the other goblins. stopping just before the pressure plates.
Last edited by Donnigan on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:56 pm

Uh, heyyy guys, there's still an active trap in that teleporter room to watch out for. Make sure you avoid that.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 207)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Turn 207

"Dang; was hoping this would be faster. Now that those other two chests aren't blocked it might be quicker if you looked in them instead, Burned."
"Yea, that chest there is filled with ore... Should be useful- Maybe try crafting a sword or some armour with it? I'll take a look in what's in those chests up there while ya do that..."
"Bet I can get some extra crafting materials from this."

Burned checks the left-most chest and finds it is also full of metal ores, mostly lumps of iron and copper by the looks of things. There's also a pickaxe head here, though the shaft has long-since rotted away.

Splits turns the machine's attention to the chest but it doesn't seem to understand what he wants it to do. The chest is still 3/4 full of ore however and the Blacksmith device is keen to inform him that the 95% of the ores are high enough quality for forging with. They mostly contain iron, a few are copper and one contains silver.

"Damn... this wont work at all... Ah well.."

Splits leaves the classroom and heads to the key room. He makes it as far as the teleportation room, where he meets Finds, who's struggling under the weight of his dead companions.

Eaten spaces out while Tugs rests to recover another 1HP.

Lurks just spaces out.

------------------------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:58 pm

► Show Spoiler
Moar meditation from Eaten.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:11 pm

Tugs continues to be incredibly boring and rest.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:49 am

Burned takes the pickaxe head, figuring he'll just have to find some wood later, before opening the other chest.