Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 386

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 203)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Turn 203

"Fair point. Xept two o our clanmates just died to what seemed a relatively weak trap, so I'm honestly doubting that we're as much chosen as much as being the only ones willing to stand up to this... Anyways, you are going down you filthy abomination!"

The golem roars angrily again and hammers both its fists into Tugs doing a crushing 3 DAM and knocking him unconscious. He is now DYING and must be stabilised next turn or else he'll die.

Everyone (except Lurks) joins in with Destyn to attack the golem, destroying it completely in a devastating attack which reduces it to a crumbling pile of rubble and dust.

Spurred on by fury at the loss of his two companions, Finds switches the lamp off and proceeds to beat the crap out of his shadow. With less light, the shadow seems to have weakened and although it attacks him, it is now unable to get through his defenses! He manages to do a little damage to the shadow though.

----------------------------------
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by thinkslogically on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:28 pm

Eaten quickly uses his magic to transfer some of his life to Tugs, unwilling to lose another clanmate.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:37 pm

"Thank ye Destyn. I think the best thing I can do to show my gratitude is get straight back to havin it enchanted ey?"

"Shell, come with me- We're gonna get straight back to enchanting it. Destyn, pass it through whenever you're ready."

"Others, focus on healing Tugs here, and some go help out Tugs even though he should be safe now. I also have some ideas of what we need to do in there- Try moving that mirror in front of those keys to see if there's anything special in it's reflection. If that doesn't work try reflecting that magical light onto it. If that doesn't work we'll have to hope that teleporter leads somewhere useful."

Burned re-enters the forge and begins temperature maintenance duties.

He is using every fiber of his willpower to not find out how hot this thing can get.
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:40 pm

► Show Spoiler
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 200!)

Post by BeanDip » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:22 pm

► Show Spoiler
Shell will go with Burned back into the smithy room and climb into the machine, he'll press the bellows and try to get temperature maintained.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:37 pm

Guys, you had two turns to try and save travels then questions in a situation where your options for dealing with it sucked. you guys didn't make bad decisions, it's just that the ones you did make didn't pan out. It's a game, it happens. If you want to be angry at anyone, be angry at me for building the trap in the first place :-)

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:45 pm

I'm not angry at all. I just feel it was unfortunate. Someone should really go save the terrapin though. Oh and save Finds too, I guess. ;)
Last edited by BeanDip on Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:48 pm

So much anger Thinks.

LIke so much.

As in "one of these days I'll make a new game and if you get in it your character will die a horrible death" angry.

Okay, maybe not that angry.

Anyways, yeah, save the Terrapin. Can Burned stand off chiefhood to the terrapin? It would probably make for a better leader than Burned.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:55 pm

Phew, glad you're talking to looks and not me ;)

But your abdication request sounds suspiciously influenced by a certain mr rock? If you decide to quit and go and build a rock garden or something I'll send in a team for an exorcism :-)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:00 pm

What? Don't be silly. If I really wanted to help OUR MIGHTY AND SUPREME OVERLORD, MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE AND SOON TO BE RULER OF ALL Mr.Rock to power I would just give my chiefhood to him, wouldn't I?

Also I always said Thinks and you can't prove otherwise. Good thing mod edits don't show up huh... :shifty:

Also Mr.Rock is going to turn out to have been the final boss all along.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:06 pm

Splits will also go into the forge and meditates, seeing as Finds looks to be safe now (no penetrating DEF, so all good :) )
"Burend! Shell! wait for me, I want to see the magic thingy! maybe we can use my new chisel to sign the blade.... can anyone spell Splits for me?"
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:08 pm

Don't forget to heal Tugs, someone. We really don't need no more death.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:12 pm

"If ye wanna go outside and explain to Destyn why his blade has "Splits" inscribed on it, sure thing mate."

"Otherwise if ye really wanna be of help, keep some magic at the ready to infuse Shell here if he needs it. Maybe start rummaging those chests up there in the meanwhile."

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:12 pm

BeanDip wrote:Don't forget to heal Tugs, someone. We really don't need no more death.
► Show Spoiler
"What? Splits? its a great name for a magic sword... Splits wood, splits stones, splits foes... splits splits everything!"
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:15 pm

"Do that explanation to that guy and it'll be all fine for me."
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:23 pm

"FINE! stupid-candle-out-blower-thing-that-ruin-my-fun-with-logic-burns" Splits says and sulks... "I'll meditate and gain some magic to help shell.. no-fun-red-skinned-stupid-chief-stupid-stupid"
Splits kicks a a stone from the golem before going into the forge...

*Nothing against you m0rt, just spits sulking for not getting his way... :)
-Best regards LAYF

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:27 pm

► Show Spoiler
[/quote]
► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Still infuriated, FindsTruth will continue to do his best to murder his shadow, worrying about the metaphysical implications later.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:23 pm

"Next time suggest we put something on fire. I'd be totally cool with that plan."

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:50 am

"Well, using a furnace is kind of putting something on..... and IN fire!"
-Best regards LAYF

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:04 pm

Lurks will go back into the forge room to help his friends with anything that need.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 204)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:11 am

Turn 204

Eaten uses 1MP to transfer 1HP to Tugs who recovers to 1/5HP. Phew!

"Thank ye Destyn. I think the best thing I can do to show my gratitude is get straight back to havin it enchanted ey? Shell, come with me- We're gonna get straight back to enchanting it. Destyn, pass it through whenever you're ready. Others, focus on healing Tugs here, and some go help out Tugs even though he should be safe now. I also have some ideas of what we need to do in there- Try moving that mirror in front of those keys to see if there's anything special in it's reflection. If that doesn't work try reflecting that magical light onto it. If that doesn't work we'll have to hope that teleporter leads somewhere useful."
"Burend! Shell! wait for me, I want to see the magic thingy! maybe we can use my new chisel to sign the blade.... can anyone spell Splits for me?"
"If ye wanna go outside and explain to Destyn why his blade has "Splits" inscribed on it, sure thing mate. Otherwise if ye really wanna be of help, keep some magic at the ready to infuse Shell here if he needs it. Maybe start rummaging those chests up there in the meanwhile."
"What? Splits? its a great name for a magic sword... Splits wood, splits stones, splits foes... splits splits everything!"
"Do that explanation to that guy and it'll be all fine for me."
"FINE! stupid-candle-out-blower-thing-that-ruin-my-fun-with-logic-burns. I'll meditate and gain some magic to help shell.. no-fun-red-skinned-stupid-chief-stupid-stupid"
"Next time suggest we put something on fire. I'd be totally cool with that plan."
"Well, using a furnace is kind of putting something on..... and IN fire!"

Burned hands out his instructions, then heads into the forge with Shell, Splits and Lurks and get to work with the forge. Shell climbs into the machine, takes a seat and pulls the helmet down onto his head. Almost immediately, he feels a connection form between himself and the machine, as if he's somehow inhabiting a new body. It feels a bit like that time he tried to possess the terrapin, only considerably easier!

Destyn passes his sword into the Smithy.

Burned starts pumping the bellows and the forge flares to life. It's pretty uncomfortable to be wearing wool in here, but whatever.

Shell turns the Smith to check the forge. A voice in his head informs him that the temperature is about right to start forging. Now, he needs to decide what he wants to make, and what he wants to make it from.

Splits meditates and recovers 1MP while Lurks stands ready to help.

In the light room, Finds manages to do another small bit of damage to his shadow, which remains unable to hurt him.

----------------------------------------------

A quick note on MP regeneration:
► Show Spoiler

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:00 pm

"Hey Burned, I'll need that bag of stuff Destyn gave you. Please and thank you."
► Show Spoiler
When and if Burned hands it over, Shell will focus about crafting the Butterfly Edge sword with the materials inside the bag.
Last edited by BeanDip on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Tugs takes a minute to rest and recover his strength.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Splits meditates for another round
"See burned, you make fire... if you want to burn stuff now is the time.
Hmm.. maybe the golem outside has some magic metal in it, do you guys think we can find a place to go swimming? this heat makes me stink!"
-Best regards LAYF