The Island: Turn 233

Home to all current Forum Games.
lingrem
Former Mod

Re: The Island (Player Spot Available)

Post by lingrem » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:36 pm

Writes gasps and falls backwards, she's that surprised.

"What just happened? Maglubiyet... listened and helped me? Oh Thank you Maglubiyet! I'm sorry if I was disrespectful!"

She looks at the other goblins. "Did you see that?... Maglubiyet spoke to me.. and healed Silver... I don't understand why Maglubiyet would help me... but I am so thankful that he did!"
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:38 pm

"Uhh...that is what tellers do...they speak to Mags and get something out of him. Or something like that...I don't know too much myself. Sorry."

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:42 pm

► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:07 pm

"But what's a Teller? I... haven't lived with other Goblins, aside from my mother...we were always really busy, but she taught me to always respect Maglubiyet. The rest of normal Goblin life, I, well, don't know anything about... and why would I be a Teller, whatever it is? I'm just a scribe...."
Last edited by lingrem on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:16 pm

"Uh...Normally a teller....is ordained by another Teller...but....I guess in some situations Mags does it himself. Tellers are uh ...you know about clerics? They are like clerics, but they can see into the future, heal, they can help protect the clan....or hinder it. They uh....they know about goblins futures and make names based off of them typically, though in some cases they are cryptic and vague like mine and a goblin will eventually figure out what their destiny was supposed to be. I think mine was when I first saw Silver for the first time and I could not resist grabbing it...and after that it was affected by anything shiny or closely related to silver.... Uh...tellers tend to have a connection to Mags....and talk to him directly......"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Holy crap on a crap stick! How did you do that writes? Actually I don't care as long as you can do it Again because that is neat!
I'm just gonna go to the weird blue plant again and test something.

Shackled walks to the west and grabs a couple of blue leaves.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:08 pm

"Oh... that's... a lot to take in right now...." Writes says. Seeing as Silver is fine, she decides to go check out the cave that the others found earlier as she wants some time alone to think.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:14 pm

"...Did I say something wrong? ...Sorry..." Silver see Writes leave. "...Uh....wait for me....please?" Silver will follow writes as much as she can.

WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by WhirdCheese » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:51 pm

► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: The Island (It's Back!)

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:55 pm

"Goodness, me, you're talking to the gods themselves, Write! And not only that, but they talk back to you. You must be something special." Kin is honestly impressed.
After a little thinking, Kin adds: "Say, maybe you could ask Maglubiyet about the properties of the fauna and flora of this island? He might know what can harm us and what can heal us. This way, such things as just now with Silver might happen less likely....
Also, it might be a good idea to ask him, HOW exactly we can thank him for his help."

After that, ImageKin sits down (on the path, but not on/near the footnoms!) and gets to work with the second pair of boots, again, trying to safe most of the string. While she's doing that, (only if that doesn't distract her, lowering her chances of success!) she dreams about the things she could make out of the leather gained. Like shoes for goblins who don't watch where they are going...

Summary: Undo the seaming of the boots while trying to save as much string as possible (whole turn)
Free (and only do if it's free): imagine what could be made out of the parts won, and how many leather pieces those items would need. Maybe we could fashion new shoes out of the old ones. Cut the soles to fit and sew them back together.

Just in case Write doesn't want to ask such trivial stuff and/or ol Mags doesn't answer: Could someone please examine the dead footnom? Maybe it's edible and nourishing.

Pictures, reposted, for everyone's convenience:
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:00 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:06 am

@whirdcheese: not late at all, the draw wont be for another 10 hours or so anyway :-)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:38 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Maiandra
Speaks Quietly

Post by Maiandra » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:18 am

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Edit: ...apparently, that's not the spoiler tag icon. Oh well.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:18 am

Treasure inspects the green tentacles/plant thingy. Without touching it.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:15 am

Ok, so that's about enough time I think. Here we go:

The nominees:

jacon (+10)
gamecreator
BadgeAddict (+10; was Spartan)
whirdcheese

...and the rolls:

jacon: 36
gamecreator: 22
badgeaddict: 77
whirdcheese: 32

Congratulations to BadgeAddict! Welcome to the game!

You can consider goblin ESP to be something that all goblins have, so you know that the other PCs are on the island and they'll know you've arrived. You'll automagically have access to Spreads' inventory too, though since he's only got 2 apples on him, it shouldn't disrupt things too much :) I need actions from you for tomorrow's update if you can.

The rest of the RPing is up to you!

...I guess you do get a new island visitor on Day 0 after all :)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: The Island (Player Chosen)

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:52 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Dances will move south twice.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:56 am

So it's maybe not as clear as it could be, but the shades of green on either side of the path are different, so yeah - I'll let you decide what that means :)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:59 pm

► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:25 am

Oh, writes/Lingrems lost connection to the internet, all across town it seems.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Island (Turn 17)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:32 pm

Turn 17

The goblins (and especially Write) have a small freak-out over what just happened.

Holy crap on a crap stick! How did you do that writes? Actually I don't care as long as you can do it Again because that is neat!
I'm just gonna go to the weird blue plant again and test something.

"Goodness, me, you're talking to the gods themselves, Write! And not only that, but they talk back to you. You must be something special... Say, maybe you could ask Maglubiyet about the properties of the fauna and flora of this island? He might know what can harm us and what can heal us. This way, such things as just now with Silver might happen less likely....
Also, it might be a good idea to ask him, HOW exactly we can thank him for his help."

"Thank you. ...Teller? Okay....what are we going to do about the ant hill...guys?"
"What just happened? Maglubiyet... listened and helped me? Oh Thank you Maglubiyet! I'm sorry if I was disrespectful! Did you see that?... Maglubiyet spoke to me.. and healed Silver... I don't understand why Maglubiyet would help me... but I am so thankful that he did!"
"Uhh...that is what tellers do...they speak to Mags and get something out of him. Or something like that...I don't know too much myself. Sorry."
"But what's a Teller? I... haven't lived with other Goblins, aside from my mother...we were always really busy, but she taught me to always respect Maglubiyet. The rest of normal Goblin life, I, well, don't know anything about... and why would I be a Teller, whatever it is? I'm just a scribe...."
"Uh...Normally a teller....is ordained by another Teller...but....I guess in some situations Mags does it himself. Tellers are uh ...you know about clerics? They are like clerics, but they can see into the future, heal, they can help protect the clan....or hinder it. They uh....they know about goblins futures and make names based off of them typically, though in some cases they are cryptic and vague like mine and a goblin will eventually figure out what their destiny was supposed to be. I think mine was when I first saw Silver for the first time and I could not resist grabbing it...and after that it was affected by anything shiny or closely related to silver.... Uh...tellers tend to have a connection to Mags....and talk to him directly......"
"Oh... that's... a lot to take in right now...."
"...Did I say something wrong? ...Sorry......Uh....wait for me....please?"

Strangely, no-one seems to bat an eyelid as Spreads suddenly undergoes a total transformation and decides that he is actually Dances In Storms! Who is... well, actually he can't really remember much about that. But his name is definitely Dances.

Kin sits down and works on taking the other boot apart. Maybe it's just good fortune or maybe the boot was damaged by the sea water, but it just about falls apart in her hands! Kin now has more bits of leather and string to add to her collection of bric-a-brac. She daydreams while she works about all the things that she could make from the bits of leather, which is not a great deal probably... There's probably enough leather to make one medium-sized item (like a shirt) or two smaller items (like gloves or goblin-sized boots).

Treasure examines the green furry vines. They look like they're coated in some sort of gooey sap which clings to the hairs. As he watches, the vines twitch and lengthen...

Silver checks the plant* but can't tell much more about it than Shackled could. It's definitely a plant of some sort and she thinks it might smell a little sweet, but she's not sure... Once she's done, she follows after Write and reaches the top of the ladder. She notices a REALLY bad smell coming from the east... Gods that's horrible!

Write heads away towards the little cave to think things over. Shackled follows her with the intention of grabbing a blue leaf, but he's run out of actions. The ants are still clinging onto his stick.

Dances heads to the campsite.

"All hail and praise to Maglubiyet, whose steady guidance has lead us to victory once again!"

Swallows prods the chest open with her plank of wood, expecting the worst, but nothing happens... Inside, she finds a [Small Leather Pouch], a [Book**], and a small, unmarked [Vial] containing a dark, syrupy liquid. She drops the plank of wood and pockets them all.

-----------------------------------

*I assume you meant the red/brown one? You never specified...
** I wasn't sure if Spreads could read or not. As far as I'm concerned, everyone can read simple common but Write can also write and has some extra knowledge. But it's up to you guys if that fits your characters.

[Small Leather Pouch]: Contains a small number of gemstones
[Book]: A small leatherbound book. It feels dry and it doesn't look like the ink has run.
[Vial]: Unmarked. Contains a dark, syrupy liquid.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:48 pm

"Did anyone ever check the other barrel on the beach?"
"I'm going to go get the sail., but if anyone needs any help, let me know."

Dances will double move south again to the beach. When he arrives he will look out over the ocean to see if there is anymore wreckage/debris floating out on the water beyond the beach. As he looks out over the ocean he will try to remember how he got here.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:04 pm

Silver goes to the caves and takes a look at the teal fern like plant."You okay writes?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:05 am

Treasures or kin, do you plan on moving to the camp on of the following turns? if so could you bring the dead footnom?

Shackled grabs a couple of blue leaves and moves to the right hopefully still with his [stick with ants] rather than a [former stick of extremely aggressive ants]
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:34 am

Image Writes sighs when she see she isn't alone, and goes inside the cave. Leaning against the wall of the cave, Writes sits down and looks up at the roof of the cave, and will ignore everyone else aside from waving at them to go away. She will spend the entire turn in silent contemplation/prayer as she thinks over what's whappened.

"Maglubiyet...I don't know why you've chosen me to serve you this way, but thank you. I wish I understood it, but I'll try my best to serve you. I am so sorry that I didn't understand until the other Goblins explained things! How can I best serve you? How can I ever thank you? It feels like saying thank you for the blessing is so very little, but I don't know what would please you the most. I have so many questions... Why me? Why now? Why not one of the other Goblins, who's at least lived with our kind? I know that I won't have answers to those, and I don't expect any...but they are all bouncing around in my head right now. What am I supposed to do? I'm just.. so sorry for the rudeness I showed by ignoring your voice. I thought I had hit my head when the ship was destroyed! How can I make it up to you? Thank you for healing Silver, what would you like me to do now? Oh I wish I understood these things!"

Major: Writes is thanking and apologizing to Mag. She wants to know how to show proper thanks for his help, and a bit of guidance as to what he would like her to do. The other quesions are just her insecurities and confusion.