The Forest - Chapter One

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Forest - Chapter One

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 17, 2013 6:20 am

"Dealing with others isn't something I do by choice, and I'd likely be a poor choice for ambassador."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Fri May 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Rían listened and after a long pause said, "I do not feel that I know the politics of this region well enough. I would prefer a bit more time to see...and meet people from this region." Certainly he didn't wish to misspeak and potentially worsen relations. He also couldn't comment on Kast's spider; they didn't bother him, personally, but he could hardly speak for others. ...and he certainly did not know enough to form any sort of opinion regarding Fae, much less their origins.

Given time, certainly he wished to do what he could to help the two sides come to some sort of agreement.
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Mon May 20, 2013 8:34 pm

► Show Spoiler
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Mon May 20, 2013 8:36 pm

► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Mon May 20, 2013 9:01 pm

► Show Spoiler
"Hmm..." For once, Vualn's face falls into a thoughtful frown. For the moment, though, he really doesn't have any more to say.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Mon May 20, 2013 9:39 pm

► Show Spoiler
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed May 22, 2013 3:25 pm

► Show Spoiler
My long-neglected blog.

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Wed May 22, 2013 6:23 pm

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 24, 2013 6:54 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Mon May 27, 2013 3:30 pm

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 27, 2013 9:36 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Mon May 27, 2013 10:00 pm

► Show Spoiler
My long-neglected blog.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed May 29, 2013 9:56 pm

"Well, moving right along...this is the root cellar," Joyce says, leading you down a short flight of stairs into a dank and cold chamber which, true to its name, is roofed and walled largely with roots, the floor of packed earth. More storage is to be found here, with shelves of various foodstuffs being kept in the chill, sealed wooden boxes of various sizes, and even some empty clay planters leaning against a wall. Small "braziers" filled with bioluminescent moss prove surprisingly efficient in brightening the room. "Through here is a series of small living chambers where we occasionally put up travelers, refugees, dislocated migrants and the like. That tunnel leads to cloisters for meditation, and eventually to the command chamber...we call it the Think Tank. Usually Hansel hangs out in there, the office on the ground floor is mostly for diplomatic meetings....he must really like you to have put in an appearance there just for you. We can't go that way, of course; sensitive materials and classified information, plus territorial elders looking for a moment's peace, equals lots of security."
My long-neglected blog.

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Fri May 31, 2013 8:00 am

Rían was listening, though the moss held his attention for a moment. At the mention of the tunnels, his gaze traveled in the direction she was indicating. Well! Certainly he had no desire to intrude upon anyone.

And the tour was interesting, though his mind was still far more occupied with what needed to be done. ...or rather, with the fact that he still felt he didn't properly know.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 31, 2013 10:14 am

Kast nodded at Joyce's descriptions, but it felt a bit odd to be surrounded by trees while UNDER the ground.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri May 31, 2013 3:44 pm

Vualn nods politely and listens to what Joyce has to say as she takes them on the tour.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:18 am

Kast tries to mask his impatience and discomfort by fiddling with his kukri and sheaths, but doesn't manage to keep a scowl off of his face. "How far do these tunnels go?"
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:27 pm

"Far enough that I'm not going to try to show you all of them, by a long shot. Actually part of this was a transportation network for the...well, for the city that used to stand here. It goes both out and down, although a lot of the 'out' part has collapsed or been overgrown. A pity, that; we could use a transportation network ourselves, in my opinion, but for every druid who agrees that fast response to situations is useful, there are two others who like their privacy enough to be suspicious of the whole idea of accessibility."
My long-neglected blog.

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:34 am

"What of the city here before?" Rían asked finally, "what...happened here?" certainly, he had to wonder. Who had been here before? What had the city been like?

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:20 pm

Vualn glances down one of the tunnels. "Hmm... Does seem like the kind of thing that would be rather contested. There's good arguments for expediency, and equally good ones for security; after all, anything that enables access for certain elements also provides access for... less desirable elements." He remarks about the transportation system. Other than that, though, he remains silent.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:07 pm

Kast's scowl becomes more pronounced, but stills his hands. He's not a fan of the enclosed space, but trying not to let it show.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:50 pm

"Unfortunately that information is restricted at the moment. There are people who know and don't answer to Hansel, they might be able to tell you, but if I did, it'd be my ass."
► Show Spoiler
My long-neglected blog.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:10 am

"Well, I wouldn't want to put your ass in danger, and I honestly could care less what happened to those who used to live here." , Kast said with a shrug. "What else do you need to show us before we get started on whatever the old man needs done?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:39 am

The bear's brows furrowed, but he didn't press further. Restricted? Certainly he was still very much curious, and perhaps now more than before. "..I see."

Had people been forced out? Killed? Had it been destroyed of its own devices? Rían had to force his mind not to wander. ...he would just do his best to pay attention to the tour. Still, he frowned a little at Kast's impatience. He wanted to get moving himself, but she meant well, and he didn't want to be rude!
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:50 pm

► Show Spoiler
My long-neglected blog.