Call of Cthulhu- Filipstad -looking for new player

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Call of Cthulhu- Filipstad -looking for new player

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:21 am

Phyllis looks at Teddy for a moment and then sighs...

"Oh I suppose you're right. I haven't been doing very well out here on my own tonight. But if you're an investigative journalist... well, you might be a great help. Will you listen to my story? I suppose it will probably sound a little bit mad to you, but it will help me calm my nerves. I'm in room 9."

If Teddy agrees:

"My name is Phyllis Brimble, and I'm a Medium. Pleased to meet you, and thank you for saving me from the barman. I honestly don't know why people around here are so violent..."

On reaching Room 9:

Excuse me, but what on Earth are you all doing in my room?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:42 am

OOC: While it seems we've both been assigned to the same room, Hemming is still standing in the common bathroom, waiting to find out what is behind curtain #1...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:24 am

OOC: I had assumed the room was small enough that I'd be able to see / hear you talking to the receptionist (who was apparently hiding behind the shower curtain with a wallet) when we came in through the obviously open door. If that's not the case, then I'll let Kelten adjust the scenario accordingly, but otherwise I think now's as good a time as any to have an IC discussion about what's going on, assuming that your characters are willing to listen of course!

Phyllis is about *thiiiiis* close to borrowing a phone and calling the police.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:47 am

OOC: Doh, I missed that entirely... you are correct. I was also under the impression that the trolley was in FRONT of the bathroom door for some reason, so assumed that it was a common bathroom in the hallway or something (more hostel style than hotel), since Hemming would have noticed it otherwise... then I didn't see that Kelten had put actions into a previous post, I just kept looking at the most recent thing... :shrug:

To the receptionist:

"Ah, but I was *hic* assigned this *hic* room by the barman." Hemming holds up the key so that it reads #9.

To Phyllis, still holding up the #9 key:
"It seems we've been *hic*, double booked. 'Scuse me.", Hemming moves to the sink, setting the key down and splashes some water on his face, swishes and spits before drinking a few handfuls. Looking back at Phyllis and taking note of her recent injuries, "Are you all right? What happened to your face?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:10 am

"I've just been assaulted by Joanna and the barman. You were there when the first one happened, though you might have missed it while you were vomiting on her shoes. This kind gentleman intervened with the barman thankfully though so I'm all right. I fully intend to lodge a complaint with the police about all this, but right now I'd like to know what's going on in here! You in the shower, what on Earth do you think you're doing?!"

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:24 pm

Oh, great one of them...next she'll be asking to read my palm or some other gobblty gook thinks Teddy, but years of barrister training make him only sound a very neutral 'Ah, yes' as though he had no idea what the term medium actually refered to.

"Theodore Templar, Miss Brimble..and for their violence...well...I've had to cover worse places."

At room 9 he stops and his eyes go wide when it seems the room has not zero occupants but two and a laundry cart which typically don't wander into rooms but stay out in the hall. This smells worse than Billingsgate Market on an August eavining he thinks to himself.

Teddy leans against the doorway and does his best 'I am a seriously pissed off as*hole pose for a moment.'

If either of the other occupants tries to leave. He will block the door with his arm and monopod.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:36 pm

"I was a bit distracted with the vomiting and all... but sorry that I left you there to be assaulted by the barman."

Turning to the 'kind gentleman', "Err...Glad you were there to step in... name's Hemming." He wipes his hand on a clean bit of his shirt before extending it in greeting.

Under his breath to Phyllis... "Don't suppose the wallet behind her back is yours?"

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:34 am

Ooc: I don't know if it's meant to be hers or not, but until I hear otherwise I'll assume not.

"Wallet? Oh no dear, I carry my purse in my handbag and keep it with me wherever I go."

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:15 pm

With some resistance you force your way into room nine, where someone has clumsily tried to block the door with a chair... It dident work. And now everyone is standing in the bathroom.

Hemming: "Ah, but I was *hic* assigned this *hic* room by the barman." He hold up the key!

Phyllis enteres: Excuse me, but what on Earth are you all doing in my room?

Hemming, quite confused:"It seems we've been *hic*, double booked. 'Scuse me.",
Hemming moves to the sink, setting the key down and splashes some water on his face, swishes and spits before drinking a few handfuls. Looking back at Phyllis and taking note of her recent
injuries, "Are you all right? What happened to your face?"

Phyllis:"I've just been assaulted by Joanna and the barman. You were there when the first one happened, though you might have missed it while you were vomiting on her shoes. This kind gentleman intervened with the barman thankfully though so I'm all right. I fully intend to lodge a complaint with the police about all this, but right now I'd like to know what's going on in here! You in the shower, with the receptionist, in my room, what on Earth do you think you're doing?!"

Teddys eyes go wide when it seems the room has not zero occupants but two and a laundry cart which typically don't wander into rooms but stay out in the hall. This smells worse than Billingsgate Market on an August eavining he thinks to himself.

Teddy leans against the doorway and does his best 'I am a seriously pissed off as*hole pose for a moment.' Making the receptionist drop the wallet (you dont recognize it) and her cheeks turn a light pink color.

Hemming: "I was a bit distracted with the vomiting and all... but sorry that I left you there to be assaulted by the barman."

Turning to the 'kind gentleman', "Err...Glad you were there to step in... name's Hemming." He wipes his hand on a clean bit of his shirt before extending it in greeting.

Under his breath to Phyllis... "Don't suppose the wallet behind her back is yours?"

Phyllis: "Wallet? Oh no dear, I carry my purse in my handbag and keep it with me wherever I go."

Ever-ones focus goes to the receptionist who with all the pressure blurs out:
"I was thinking you left! Its not your wallet! I took it from room 13! Im SORRY! please dont hurt me..."
► Show Spoiler
Click here if you want to beat me up!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:36 pm

"Who is staying in room 13?" Hemming steps back from the sink, sidling in alongside Phyllis and the new fellow as they face the receptionist. He furtively glances towards where he'd stashed the book... would he be able to grab it while the others were distracted with the *other* thief?
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:48 pm

OOC: Phyllis is too straight-laced to buy alcohol from a guy in an alleyway, I don't think she'd be ok with murder :lol:

Phyllis snorts indignantly. "Well, I think you should return it to its owner, don't you? Now if you all don't mind, I need to clean myself up a bit and then I need to speak to Mr. Templar here. Mr. Hemming was it? No offence intended, but I have no intention of sharing a room with you tonight. However, while this all gets sorted out (she looks pointedly at the receptionist), you are welcome to stay and listen. Assuming you don't intend to continue vomiting of course..."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:18 am

Teddy does not shake hands but politely nods before turning his attention on the receptionist.

"Now is the time to get some questions answered Madam so I am afraid you all need to be here."

He steps out and points at the bed. "Madam I suggest you take a seat on the bed." He then points to the girl. I think it would be best in you join us in the room rather than stand in the shower."
He points to a corner as he sits down moving the chair infront of the bedroom door again.
"Hemming if you would be so good as to toss me that wallet in the shower..."

(Unless the girl tries to scram, Teddy will begin to question her...)

"Why perchance did you decide to wander off with this wallet young lady?" (If Hemming has thrown him the wallet, he will inspect it for any information contained within.)

"And why exactly is that barman attacking guests who don't know Swedish? Anger problems or are you both working with this Joanna person?"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:33 am

"I quite agree, but there's nothing so urgent that I can't clean the dirt out of my cuts first. Excuse me."

Phyllis takes a moment to clean herself up, and then joins the others in the hotel room. She won't talk until she's had a chance to tidy herself up a bit (and besides, no-one wants their face getting infected), but won't take long.

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Phyllis takes a look at the walet on the floor as hemming picks it up: "Well, I think you should return that to its owner, don't you? Now if you all don't mind, I need to clean myself up a bit and then I need to speak to Mr. Templar here. Mr. Hemming was it? No offence intended, but I have no intention of sharing a room with you tonight. However, while this all gets sorted out (she looks pointedly at the receptionist), you are welcome to stay and listen. Assuming you don't intend to continue vomiting of course..."
She shoves everyone out of the room, and teddy leads them over to the bed

Hemming tosses over the wallet, and quickly slips out the book from the hiding-place as Teddy checks the drivers license

"Hans Melker"

Teddy: "Why perchance did you decide to wander off with this wallet young lady?"
Receptionist: Uhm, it was on the floor but his room was empty!

Teddy:"And why exactly is that barman attacking guests who don't know Swedish? Anger problems or are you both working with this Joanna person?"
The receptionist face takes a tint of white. She docent say anything.
Click here if you want to beat me up!

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:19 pm

Teddy looks through the wallet quickly to see if there is anything else of note inside.
"You mean when I call up my friends in the Åklagarmyndigheten I'm going to have to send them rooting around to find the connection between you three as co-conspirators and not be able to name you as a cooperative witness?"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:21 pm

Ugh... this guy sure is talking a lot.

Hemming slips the diary into his jacket, casually leaning against the door.

"Melker? Is he here for the funeral too? I didn't meet a Melker at the reading of the will... seems odd for him to leave before finding out what was left to him, especially without his wallet."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:18 am

Phyllis finishes tidying herself up and comes out of the bathroom.

"Right. So what exactly is going on here?"