Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest

Home to all current Forum Games.
Post Reply
nikohl
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4575
Location: Ó▓á_Ó▓á

Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest

Post by nikohl » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:41 am

Cavemen - Survival of the Fittest
Overview:
Cavemen: SotF is a group creative writing game. ItÔÇÖs roleplaying and storytelling all in one. Each person controls a character in the tribe and will have goals to achieve, both personally and together as a group. There is a points system in place to encourage good quality roleplaying and longer, detailed posting.

Progress in the game is group driven. Small posts from the GMs will be frequent but longer game-progressing posts will be once per week. Thus, a level of self-moderation and self-sufficiency is needed in the game. People will be allowed and expected to make their own way in the game. Each player will be allotted a set amount of starting karma and will have the ability to spend those points to ensure the success of an action.

Signups are OPEN - to join after the game has started, send a message to both GMs and we can work on your character.

Note:
GMs are BadgeAddict and nikohl. The GMs are in charge of NPCs (who do not have points) but will also each have a character of their own, so that they can participate and move along the game. For fairness each GM will not award him or herself any kind of bonus points, but their character will gain posting and weekly points during play as normal and may be awarded points by the other GM on rare occasions.

RULES: (please read thoroughly)

Points:
► Show Spoiler
Gameplay:
► Show Spoiler
PLAYER LIST:
► Show Spoiler
MAPS (and descriptions)
► Show Spoiler
INVENTORY:
► Show Spoiler
NPCs
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by nikohl on Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 12 times in total.

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8651
Location: Ohio

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:42 am

CURRENT SEASON - Mid-Summer

STORY
Week 1 Story:

The group had been traveling now for many moons, over hills and across wide prairies. At long last their leader had called for the group to come to a halt. They hadnÔÇÖt seen any other signs of life for several weeks of relentlessly trudging south, away from the vicious and animalistic tribe they had escaped from to the north.

The leader of a large barbaric tribe, who called himself Rongarr, had sent warriors out to the smaller tribes in the plains to threaten or attack them one by one, bringing them under his control. The Calix tribe was only just able to escape, but the losses they suffered in the attempt were great. Over half of the tribe had been killed when they fled that night, their pack of wolves had rushed to meet their attackers and been overwhelmed, and several more adults and children had died on their journey. The greatest loss was Chief Diran, who led RongarrÔÇÖs wolves and barbarians away, and whose noble sacrifice will be remembered for generations. But hope was on the horizon, as the small group climbed what they hoped would be the last hill.

As the group reached the crest and finally caught up with their young leader, DiranÔÇÖs son Elto, they saw a lush valley before them. As Elto declared that they would make their home here in this valley, tears welled up in some of their eyes. The many children in their small group broke free from their grandmothers and ran laughing down the hill, ignoring the warning shouts from the adults among them.

The valley that laid before them stretched further than the eye could see and was teeming with undisturbed life. Small herds of animals grazed and played alongside a wide stream, which was fed by a pool at the base of a crashing waterfall set deep into one huge cliff face. Clusters of trees and bushes dotted the plains, leading to a dense forest just in sight, at the north end of the valley.

A small cluster of dark cave mouths dotted the base of the cliff wall, close to an expanse of trees and sheltered by an overhanging crop of rocks. Elto pointed them out to the tribesfolk as they made their way carefully down the slope after the excited children, whose raucous laughter had scared away a pair of deer which had been staring wide-eyed at the group.

Catching up with their young, what remained of the Calix tribe began the last leg of their long journey, chattering happily together as they made their way towards the caves.

Arriving at the foot of the mountain the children, whooping and hollering, ignored the cautionary calls of their elders and ran into the caverns. Their laughter echoed throughout the caves but suddenly turned to screams. The five children of the tribe ran from the caves, faces white with fear, followed by the low rumbling growls of a bear. The bear that emerged from the cave had seen many seasons and its eyes had long since clouded over. Even so, the ferocity with which it bellowed its anger at the fleeing children put a deep fear into the menfolk, who ran forward, scooped up the children and backed away. Without thought for his own safety Elto drew his spear from his back and charged. The point of his spear plunged deep into the bearÔÇÖs chest, narrowly missing its heart. The bear, roaring its pain and rage, swiped its long claws at Elto and cut three shallow slashes into his chest. Ignoring the burning pain of the wound, Elto yanked free the spear in a violent motion, tearing the bearÔÇÖs flesh further, and in one fluid arch he twisted and stabbed again. The ancient beast panted out a last, almost frustrated-sounding huff and collapsed at the ChiefÔÇÖs feet, the spear still lodged in itÔÇÖs side.

Standing tall over the carcass, Elto looked down at his bleeding chest and then back up at the gathered tribe. The stars smile on us today, only an old blind beast lay as our last challenge between us and this, our final destination. It is a sign: This is to be our home. There is much work to be done - but first I think we deserve some dinner. Perhaps bear?

As Elto watched his followers move past him into the cave and busy themselves with unloading their backs and checking their still-worried children, he raised his hands and said ÔÇ£My friends...it doesnÔÇÖt feel right to call ourselves the Calix tribe, now that my father and many of yours are not with us. We will start anew here in these caves: a new tribe, honoring our ancestors as always, but with our own name. I shall ponder on it - if you have a suggestion, I would hear it soon.ÔÇØ
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Begin! Do whatever you like, however your first Group Quests are: to name your tribe and to make the caves habitable, in any way you see fit. The spoilers in the first post contain information about the belongings your tribe managed to bring with them in the escape. You have each been sent a PM detailing your personal effects, which are a few special items relevant to your backstory or decided by the GMs. Feel free to post what you have in OOC, itÔÇÖs not a secret - people will surely see what you own when you post about using it ;)

"You have each been sent a PM detailing your personal effects" etc - please add that "these are what you had on you or were able to grab during the escape, which is why you only have a couple of things"
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4575
Location: Ó▓á_Ó▓á

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest

Post by nikohl » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:43 am

*reserved post in case it's needed in the future - please ignore for now*

User avatar
Aegis J Hyena
Game Master
Posts: 4042

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Current points: 20
Spending: 1 (basic actions)
Regained: 1 (basic actions)
New Total: 20

Fengo immediately notices the good fortune and goes to claim one of the caves for himself. While the others are spending their time preparing the meat for the night's meal, he's in one of the easternmost caves, the more symetrical the better (and better still if it's a dead end cave, one way in/out. He immediately begins about making the cavern his own, digging a small hole in which to stick his staff and stand it straight up in the center of the room (braced by rocks from inside the cave so it doesn't fall over). On the surrounding walls he begins taking a sharp stone and chipping away parts of the wall, carving protective sigils to ward off anything unsavory. One turtle shell is hung over the cave opening, the other balanced nervously upon the top of the staff in a balancing act. He'd get berries and other marking-material later; for now once the cave was to his liking he'd join fellows for the feast and making sure to claim the claws, teeth and skull of the bear for totemic potential later.
Last edited by Aegis J Hyena on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Discord: https://discord.gg/FcqbHap
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 901

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by Jacon » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Skill points 20
Skill points spent 2 ( 1 Creating a fire making kit, 1Creating fire once that happens.)
Remaining 18

Gareth walked somberly to the corpse of the bear and bent a knee and with one hand touch it's head feeling the warmth of the fur. He know the great beast had to die to allow them a home but still it hurt him to see a old creature like himself die so violently but such was the way of life. Ajax smelled the bear and growled sending a few curious children scurrying away than the loyal dog licked Gareths face before being gentle turned aside by his hand as he stood up.
He took a good look at the caves and agreed they would make a good home for the tribe though he had little interest in living here. Later, when things had settled down he would go and make a shelter just outside of the caves so he could enjoy a little isolation away from human noise. His fellow elder Fengo had already claimed a section for himself and so Gareth joined him as Fengo was one of the few people he'd tolerate. He begin by scouting out a piece of wood and asking around to borrow a knife ( asking is perhaps to kind. More like demanding one while Ajax growled at the terrified villager.)
He carved himself a set board, a spindle and a top. After creating a small round hole for the spindle in the set board he want out and returned with a flimsy rope he created from vine strips and a small amount of fire wood. Than wrapping the wood around the spindle and putting in place on the set board he put the top on with one hand and held the rope with the other hand and in his mouth and started trying to spin the spindle into creating a coal for the fire. In theory it should work but Gareth was obviously having a hard time at it by himself and many were to scared of the man snapping at them ( or worse ajax snapping at them.) to offer their help.

" I just wanna make shoddy tea!" He grunted pulling at the rope. Ajax took a seat and started drooling while watching his master do his best to start a fire.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden
Posts: 2455

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by BeanDip » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:35 pm

► Show Spoiler
"I don't see why we couldn't have stopped at the river for just a moment longer or even set up next to it. Water means life. Fish, hydration, animals coming to drink. I mean...

Ril stops talking as she steps into the cave for the first time. Instantly she hears it, so faint as to be almost imperceptible. The sound of water rushing over rock. She follows the sound down a long tunnel.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.


Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

nikohl
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4575
Location: Ó▓á_Ó▓á

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by nikohl » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:43 pm

(points: don't forget you automatically get one back for posting over a paragraph, you can track this yourselves)

User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4751

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:59 am

Starting points: 20
Spending: 2 (basic actions - examine wounds, watch & learn about first aid, OR try to give first aid; create a fire pit)
Earning: 1 (full paragraph)
Final points: 19

As soon as the threat of the bear was gone, Min crept in front of the chief, and with absolutely no regard for personal space, her face mere inches from his chest, inspected Elto's wounds with curiosity. With some satisfaction, she noticed that the slashes were rather shallow, and didn't gush blood like a spring. Good, the chief wouldn't be out of comission for a while because of this. Her index finger protruding, she reached out her hand slowly, and just before she came into contact, a thought coursing through her brain, stopped her in mid-motion. Looking at her rather dirty hands in realization, she remembered that she has often watched as other tribe injured member were treated and that the ones that treated them always made a point of not getting more dirt into a bleeding wound, at least.
"You might want to have someone take a look at these." Min suggested to Elto. Then, realizing that she just did exactly that, she blushed slightly, and with a side glance at the chieftess added: "Someone who has some experience with treating wounds, that is."

If the chieftess takes the hint and gives first aid to Elto, Min will watch closely, trying to learn. If the chieftess doesn't, Min takes her water skin, unplugs it and after using a little to thoroughly wash her hands in a hurry, she tries to wash out the slashes on Elto's chest, by pouring a little water onto them from above, letting it flow across the injuries and hopefully taking some impurities with it. After that, she attempts to bandage them with some kind of big plant leaves, chewing some of them up into a sticky paste beforehand, or whatever else is handy.

When Elto asks for suggestions for a new tribe name, Min is quick to propose "bear claw clan", as a reminder to this very day, their new beginnings here and to honor and memorize the deed of the chief, who single handedly defeated a bear.

After the chief is treated, and noticing that preparations for a fire are underway, Min borrows a spear from a tribe member and starts to 'dig' away the grass in a circular area with a diameter of about a meter, ramming the tip into the ground and removing clumps of earth and grass at a time. She slightly indentures the area, so that the center is a bit lower than the rims, and after she is finished, she quickly gathers up suitable stones to put around the edges of the pit, neatly and painstakingly positioning each and every one of them with diligence, thought and care. After she is done, she looks at the new fire pit for the tribe, and nods in satisfaction at a job well done.

reposting point system for own convenience
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Borys
Voices Opinions
Posts: 403
Location: Toruń, Poland

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by Borys » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:15 am

Boro goes for little trip around the caves. He notices two small ones behind what seems to be main big cave. Seeing that bigger one was taken by Fengo, he goes in another one, hoping that chief will not want to take it as well. He puts all of his tools in the corner.
Then he goes out to check what are other people doing. He isn't really self confident, but rather shy it takes him a while, before he decides to talk to Yala. Knowing will be probably responsible for taking care of bear's skin, he tries to convince her to save piece of skin for him. He doesn't tell her it's just because he likes to sleep on skin, because it's more comfortable and skins he's wearing are not enough. In exchange he offers to make her whatever she wants, out of wood. He suspects she needs some furniture/tool for her work, as most things were left behind in previous home.

20
-1 (for setting up home)
+1 (over one paragraph long)
=20
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8651
Location: Ohio

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:03 am

Starting points: 20
Spending: 0
Earning: 1 (a post of at least a paragraph)
Final points: 21

As Yarl stood there in what could only be described as shock as Elto killed the bear in a matter of a few heart stopping moments, he felt a warm feeling begin to run down his leg. A deep red quickly came over his face as he realized what exactly that warm feeling was and he quickly found a reason to move away from the group.
After a few moments of carefully examining a nearby bush he returned to the front of the caves as the members of the tribe hurried about and sat down in the dirt. Yarl liked to watch, much as he did when sitting in his favorite perch, waiting for a hare or rabbit to wander within range of his slingshot. He found that he could easily find pleasure in simply sitting there waiting and watching. He would watch as the birds fluttered through the tree branches and the larger animals move through the low brush. So, now he found himself once again watching.

After a few moments of watching, he decided to check out what would be their new home. Yarl stood, and walked awkwardly into the caves, having to dodge several of the tribes folk with arms full of stuff from the journey, looking for a spot to call their own.

Although the central cave was large and open and generally well-lit, the small tunnel that branched off of the main room quickly turned cramped and dark. It was at this point that Yarl quickly found a need, he knew that fire would need to be lit and torches created, for once the day was over, darkness would once again fall on the world and the caves would be pitch black.

Yarl headed out of the caves, easing around the bear which the women were working on, preparing it to be cooked for the evening meal. Already they had peeled back the skin so that they could remove its organs and get at the meat inside. Although unwilling to admit it, Yarl was quite disgusted at the process of slaughtering an animal, which is why he would normally leave all of his kills with his sister Yala.

Seeing a sizable forest in the direction of the river, Yarl set off in that direction to collect some firewood.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently
Posts: 657

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by CroverusRaven » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:29 am

Starting points: 20
Spending: 1 (Asking an NPC to join him)
Earning: 1 (full paragraph)
Final points: 20

Durang asks the villager with the sling to accompany him on a trip to the nearby woods. The unusually tall man wanted to see what kind of resources the tribe can collect from there, but wanted someone to come with him in case they ran into any small predators. Durang carries with him loops of vines he uses to help him climb, his stone hammer and a shard of obsidian, which he keep tucked into a small slit on the waist of his clothes. He and the villager head towards the trees, Durang moving along silently with long careful strides as he keeps an eye out for anything the tribe might be able to use.

Noticing that Yarl is also heading towards the woods, Durang and the sling thrower join up with him, as moving in a group of three would certainly be safer than moving in separated groups. Durang merely nodded to Yarl with a friendly smile, but as usual the quite man added little more as greeting. He didn't mind not talking, most people had to strain their necks looking up at him, or he'd have to crouch or sit to make it easier to have a conversation.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4575
Location: Ó▓á_Ó▓á

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by nikohl » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:42 am

Yala smiled up at Boro as he approached her. "Yeah, I guess now I really am going to do most of the work with the hides and skins, now that Irma is gone. I'll see what I can do! You know what would be really useful once we're settled in here... a tall rack to hang the wet hides on. The one back at home was really big, but I could make do with a small one for now."

She adjusted her hat and squatted down in front of the bear corpse to inspect it - then began moving around the people gathering to butcher it, everyone's priority being getting at the meat and organs as the tribe was hungry for a fresh meal after their long journey. She took great care however to ensure they avoided damaging the bear's skin, making sure that the people cutting free slabs of fatty chest meat and extracting the nutritious organs did not make unnecessary cuts in the valuable hide. Starting at the hole they had already worked open around the spearwounds, Yala took a sharp knife and slit the hide from throat to groin so that it could be more easily peeled back to expose the meat and would not be torn. She made further cuts around the neck and tail, then moved onto the animal's limbs, cutting circularly around each elbow and knee so that the bulk of the hide could be removed in one clean piece.

Her preliminary work done, she backed away to let the hungry workers get at least a meal's worth of meat out and opted to explore the cave a little instead. She did a "lap" of the main tunnel, ending up outside again by the bear. She nodded her head a couple of times. Yeah, this place was going to be good. She could tell. Already people were bustling around finding places for their belongings, and a couple of the older women had begun to clear the floor of the lighter debris, branches and leaves. She stepped around the bear corpse and ducked past Min, the Chief and the Chieftess to explore the caves. Going back to the area where the bear had clearly lived, she took stock of the assorted small skeletons and leaf litter around, and how the floor of that part of the cave was worn smooth by years of the ursine pacing in and curling up there to sleep. She bent down and scooped up the old bones into her arms and carried them outside, placing them back down in a pile. They could come in useful later, but right now they were taking up useful space inside.

Yala points: 20. Preliminary skinning of the bear -1, post over a paragraph +1. New total 20.

-----GM NPC responses:----

- As Min inspects the chief's chest, his wife giggles quietly. She smiles at the younger girl and gestures for her to continue her "treatment" of Elto's claw wounds. She watches closely and offers input here and there, but seems happy to let Min practice cleaning the wounds and covering them to keep them clean. She seems pleased that Min cleaned her hands before starting. Elto himself seems slightly embarrassed by the two of them fussing at him, but is busy putting on a brave face as the pair prod at the fresh wounds.

- Ril's journey down the tunnel will take her approximately 15 minutes if she follows it relentlessly to the source of the water noise. It gets progressively damper, and the floor of the tunnel is littered with large and small rocks that impede her progress, in some places she has to climb over large boulders and squeeze past long-fallen piles of rock and dirt. Unlike the cave, which has been inhabited by at least one large animal and worn smooth over the years, this tunnel is craggy and full of debris and puddles.

- A male NPC tribesman, armed with a sling and bullets, accompanies Durang (and Yarl) at Durang's request. The trip to the forest will take quite some time, but the sun is still high in the sky for now. They should have some time to explore before needing to turn back.

(Psst, Croverus - it doesn't cost a point to ask for company from an NPC, it's free - but if you want him to do anything besides walk with you and carry stuff, it'll cost 5 points to give him an "order" and have it successfully carried out.)

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6870

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by Theis2 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Points 20
longer than one paragraph +1
Total 21

Boe had fallen slightly behind the group as he stopped and watched a couple of deers along the way. They weren't really that close but seeing them move around amongst each other was good enough for him. A smile slowly crept onto his face but that didn't last for long. The scream of horror from the children quickly changed the happy smile to a frown with wide open eyes. He quickly ran towards the group in an attempt to reach them in time. As he ran thoughts about not making it in time and potentially be the one person missing that would have been enough to avoid any serious harm upon the tribe kept creeping into his mind and was only reinforced when he heard the roar from a bear.
He was nearly there when it suddenly just became silent. The fear took a grip in him as he could still see the bear standing just above the heads of some of the tribe. It then fell down and Boe moved into a better position to view what had happened. He let out a sigh of relief seeing as things were under control. This was followed by a minute of heavy breathing to recover after his spurt of speed to get to the others.

Boe watched as people began settling down and make small preparations to settle down in the caves. He noticed Min and Vera started treating Elto's wounds. A grim smile appeared at the first sight of the wounds, but seeing how Elto handled it made it a bit more cheerful, especially the few times where his brave face got undermined by either Min or Vera touching a very sore spot.
"Chief, what do you think hurts the most? the bear attacking you or the women poking your wounds?" He says this with a smile to show it was meant as a joke in an attempt to lighten the mood, but after thinking about it shortly he realise it might only help those watching the chief and not those involved with the wounds at the moment.


Boe looks/listen to the reaction of the three to his joke before talking again. "Hmm it sounds like Ril might have heard some water in the cave. I better help take a look just in case she stumbles into something important or dangerous." He then makes a bit of an awkward motion towards the cave she entered before he quickly follow along trying to catch up with her.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 901

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by Jacon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:47 pm

Points: 19
Spent: 2 ( 1 for starting a fire. 1 for looking for water and heading in that direction.)
Long paragraph bonus: + 1
Remaining 18

Ajax sniffed the air and twisted around getting a scent. Gereth was to busy to notice as he pulled angrily at the rope with his teeth trying to get it to go fast enough to start smoking. Quietly Ajax shifted away from watching Gereth and walked out and sniffed again. Than with a whine he turned to look back at Gareth who angrily slammed the top down only to sigh and try again. Ajax turned heading out the cave just as Ril started to enter a tunnel. He froze and than barked so loudly that the whole tribe jumped for a moment. He started to lunge towards Ril his face twisted into a angry snarl. He barely made two steps before Gereth roar stopped him and made some children jump for a second time.
" NOO!!" Gareth said stomping out of the cave to a whimpering Ajax. He affixed Ajax with a angry eye that made the dog look away in shame. "NOOO!!!" He shouted again and ajax whimpered. The two stood like that for ten seconds. One glaring and the other looking away shamefully. FInally Ajax took a half step forward and leaned in and gingerly licked the palm of Gereths hand. Gereth sighed and wearily pointed back inside the cave and Ajax followed it whimpering a few more times for good effect. With a grunt he followed Ajax back in and had him lay down in the corner. He returned to his fire making and this time did manage to make some smoke and eventually starting a small fire. He want outside and gathered some small bits of wood from nearby and manage to get a good blaze going.
With a smile he took out of his poach some tea leaves. A herbal variety of his own make, picked and dried by his hands and lovingly stored away for later use. He also removed a strange cup, a treasure he had collected in his travels. A small clay cup with a spout that he used to make his tea with.
" I'll be back Fengo." He says standing up and than, almost as if afterthought he stops and turns. " You can have the first cup of tea." He grunts. Their was almost something apologetic in his tone. This was his way of apologizing for Ajax though the other villagers
would get nothing but angry stares in return for being shocked.

With a shrug he heads outside and listens for the water Ril heard. Though his strength was withering and his eyes going slowly blind his hearing was a sharp as a hawks. He follows her down into the tunnel where the water sounds are coming from. Ajax right behind him wagging his tail and licking the back of his legs.

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4832

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by Nerre » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:51 am

Character: Honn Hitto
► Show Spoiler
Points: 20
-2 skinnging bear (I would count this as a more complex action, worth 3 points. I did skinning once as a science projekt in a museum, it was very hard and a bear is large. Since Yala does it in one turn, I cannot write it in a detailed way over multiple turns. Since she spend 1 point on it, I paid for the remaining 2 of the task.)
+1 length of post
New points: 19

As Elto watched his followers move past him into the cave and busy themselves with unloading their backs and checking their still-worried children, he raised his hands and said ÔÇ£My friends...it doesnÔÇÖt feel right to call ourselves the Calix tribe, now that my father and many of yours are not with us. We will start anew here in these caves: a new tribe, honoring our ancestors as always, but with our own name. I shall ponder on it - if you have a suggestion, I would hear it soon.ÔÇØ

"That was a good fight, chief, and an even better omen. We found a new home, and the young ones found a cave bear. None of them died, and our new leader killed it to claim those caves as our new home. The caves of the bear. So I think our name should be the same as our food tonight. Clan of the bear, or clan of the cave bear, as we will now dwell in the caves that belonged to him. I will make you a token of respect to remember this fight!"
This said, Hitto drew the sharp quartz knife he got from his father who in turn got it from his father. The old weapon was still as sharp as the rare see-through-stone the lightning creates at the river sides. Carefully, he brushed away the thick furr to reach the strong, leathery skin below. He started at the paws, cutting a gap large enough so he could start turning the hide inside out. That way, he did not have to cut along the arm. With the arms still intact, the chief would be able to wear the furr with his arms in the arms of the bear. To his surprise Yala joined him, which made him kind of uneasy, as he was still young and looking for a wife. Hittos focused his mind on the skin. He did want to make this right after the promise he had given to the chief. He had skinned a lot of animals, but most were only small ones, like rabbits, squirels, bats, small monkeys and whatever else he had encountered on the trees and hit with a throwing stick. But none had a hide as thick and heavy as this one. And none were as heavy as the bear.

They continued, cutting the skin lose from the tissue below, slowly skined the arms and legs of the bear, with the chief watching them while his wound were being treated. As soon as a part of the bear was clear of skin, other tribemembers joined them to prepare the meat. Hitto was lucky that the bear was not lying flat on his front, but on his side, else he might have needed a lot of help to roll it over so he can cut open its belly. It was hard to cut so much skin loose, and Hitto was already sweating, despite of his stamina. Slowly, he cut open the belly of the beast, with Yala starting at the other end. The intestines slowly dropped out, followed by some other organs. It stank, but it was also still warm. Hitto cut lose the heart of the bear, handed it to a woman whos arms were red up to her elbows just like his own, and friendly asked her "Please give this to the chief, best meat for him."

Then he continued to slowly skin the hide together with Yala. Best not look at her, keep focus on the skin. He cannot hand a skin to the chief that has holes. But the skin was thick and not as easily damaged than that of a rabbit. Good thing. Cut after cut, always only freeing about two fingers of skin, it took them a long time to finish. The head was very heavy, he would have to remove what was inside carefully so he would not damage the skull. When they were done, heavily panting and sweaty, he shyly asked Yala "Do...Do you mind me giving it to the chief? You worked as hard on it as me and you are a good skinner, but I promissed it to him as token of respect for the great fight. He killed bear and got wounded for us and our new home, so I thought bear belongs to him. He shares meat with us, but we should give him the skin to honor him."
Hitto held his breath, hoping she would agree, he looked at her with his eyes wide. He did not want to have to decide to either take the hide from her or to break the promise he gave to the chief. Hitto puts on a shy smile, but it looks weird or funny, depending on the viewer, with Hitto's face and chest half red from the blood of the bear. Good thing, cause she could not see how much he had blushed.


If Fengo comes by and tries to remove any claws or teeth (bones are ok except for the skull), then Hitto will tell him "Please talk to chief first. I promised the skin to him, I do not want it to get damaged. Maybe there are loose claws in the cave?"
Last edited by Nerre on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4751

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:02 am

Starting points: 19
Spending: 0 (I'm assuming that talking, moving dirt and laying out clumps in the approximate length and width of a human body is easy enough that Min doesn't need me to spend points on that to succeed.)
Earning: 1 (full paragraph)
Final points: 20

Boe watching her give Elto first aid, on top of chieftess Vera, who was making sure that she was at least not causing more harm, makes Min a bit nervous, and overly aware of every movement of her own hands. When he speaks up, "Chief, what do you think hurts the most? the bear attacking you or the women poking your wounds?", Min shoots him a dirty look, feeling very much mocked by him. "Oh yeah? Do you want to give it a try? Or maybe I should wait until you get hurt, and see just how much you'll wince." She sticks her tongue out at Boe, for good measure, before returning her attention to the task at hand, trying to ignore him completely.

When some people (Durang, Yarl, and the NPC) leave for the forest, Min waves and calls out after them. "While you are over there, would you please keep a look out for berry bushes and herbs and such? I'll need to restock on spices and all that, and I don't know where to find any of them in these new surroundings yet. So your help would be very much appreciated."

After she finished the fire pit, Min starts to collect the clumps of earth that have grass on their top into her almost empty backpack and gathers up as many more as she can fit in both her arms, as well. Burdened like this she sets out to quickly claim one of the caves for herself, before they are all taken, picking the one on the right, in the very mouth of the middle cave entrance.
This is the cave I mean:
► Show Spoiler
First she drops the clumps of earth and her full backpack into one spot, and does some rudimentary cleaning, pushing and shoving all bones, rocks, dirt and other filth from the cave floor together with her feet, picking up the bigger stuff with her hands and dropping it all in a pile at the other side of the cave. When she's done, she starts to lay out the clumps of earth very carefully on the most flat, even area of the cave floor, creating something that will do for a makeshift bed, for tonight at least. She runs outside once more, to gather up the remaining clumps with grass on them, and neatly placing every last one of them, finishing her sleeping place. Tomorrow, hopefully, she could borrow a knife to gather soft young twigs and ferns and other bedding material, and make it even more comfortable.

This cave is a little bit too big for me alone, Min muses, as she lays down on her earth and grass clump bed to test it, ... maybe I'll ask Ril if she wants to move in with me.
She quickly places her meager belongings, a small rudimentary mortar and pestle made of stone, a handful of mixed seeds and her backpack in her new home, keeping only the small clay pot with a lid containing her secret "fire paste" - ground chilies! - with her, as she returns to the fire pit and the bear carcass, ready to help with the dinner preparations wherever she is needed.

reposting point system for own convenience
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8651
Location: Ohio

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:54 am

Points 21
longer than one paragraph +1
Found berry bushes -2
Total 20

Yarl let out a loud huff and rolled his eyes; what had started out as an adventure to the woods in the distance to get some firewood had quickly turned into a list of demands. He turned his eyes slightly to eye the two that had chosen to follow him and let out another long sigh. ÔÇ£IÔÇÖm plenty old enough to go anywhere I want on my own, I donÔÇÖt need a babysitterÔÇØ he muttered under his breathe. Yarl kicked a small stick that lay on the ground and it flew into the air a few feet until it landed in front of him. Slightly upset at everything that had happened in the last year, the death of his father during the ÔÇ£Great EscapeÔÇØ, the menfolk constantly patting him on the back to see if he was okay and the womenfolk always trying to comfort him with their hugs, he was sick of it.

Trying to mostly ignore his companions, Yarl set a quick pace toward the forest in the distance and was moderately surprised at how long it took. Yarl looked up toward the sun and put his hand up against the sky, roughly 2 finger widths had passed since they set out from the caves which he could still see in the distance, though he couldnÔÇÖt make out any details. As they reached the beginnings of the forest, Yarl kept an eye out for any bushes that contained berries and as luck would have it he did find a berry bush, although he was quite sure that it wasnÔÇÖt what Min had asked him to find. Unable to help himself he picked as many of the familiar red and black berries off of the nearest briar bush and shoved them into his face. The red and black juice of the berries smeared everywhere until his hands and face were stained a deep purple color. He could see that the bushes spread over quite a large area and as he squatted on the ground to pick a few more, he noticed that there were rabbit and deer tracks covering this area.

Yarl made a mental note of the trees and location of the direction of the cave to make sure that he could find this place again; he would have to tell the womenfolk of his discovery so that the entire tribe could benefit from them. Then, without much hesitation, Yarl headed deeper into the forest in order to find some hardwood branches that he hoped would be littering the forest ground.

(He is mostly ignoring the two that came with him, because, as he muttered earlier, he doesnÔÇÖt need babysitters)

(2 finger widths, about 30 minutes)

---- GM ----

The start of the journey across the plains was easy enough; the forest could be easily seen across the plains though it was a few miles away. The grasses surrounding the caves and cliff faces were shorter as they werenÔÇÖt exposed to as many hours of daylight. The plains leading up to and surrounding the forest contained long grasses that blew in the wind, small bushes and a few trees could be found here and there across its expanse. Now and then one could see a grove of trees holding its own among the wide expanse. These groves were mainly hardwood trees whose deep roots had kept it alive through times of drought. The groves usually only contained about 10-25 trees where as the forest contained 100ÔÇÖs. The forest that the group was traveling to had slowly expanding into the plains that surrounded it; the edges of the forest were mainly made up of softwood trees such as pine, spruce, cedar and other varieties. Deeper into the forest there were hardwood trees, the brush of the outer limits of the forest became less and less until there was nothing except for short ankle length grass and a few briar patches here and there. On the journey to the forest, the group could see that there was one tree near the center of the forest that towered over the others but little more could be seen from the outside.
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Borys
Voices Opinions
Posts: 403
Location: Toruń, Poland

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by Borys » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:07 am

Boro, happy for his plans turning out just as he wished, took his hatchet and went to the nearest forest. It took him some time, as way was neither short or well known to him. He also have terrible at sensing directions. Thankfully he just went after group of hunters and that way didn't lost himself. Or at least wasn't the only one lost. His next task wasn't easy one too, but it was the thing he was doing for his entire life, so he didn't rant.
He carefully selected what threes he was going to use. Then he started cutting down one medium sized... he didn't actually feel need of calling those threes in any way... but this was the tree he always called "good type". It was strong, yet flexible, perfect for constructing... really bad to start a campfire and terrible to make small things. And very hard to cut down. He also added some of the young "white type", that were good and easy material for long poles... not much beside that, but still good for his task. It was very hard work and in the end he noticed he won't be able to carry all of this back... so he just took poles and hatchet and went back to the cave.
Boro realized he need to set up little workshop in the forest, but that was job for another time. For now he only placed little marks on the trees where upcoming workshop was supposed to be placed and hid the remaining wood in bushes.
After returning he just sat in his temporary workshop/sleeping place and thought about ideas for rack. He even started carving simple joints in poles, but it wasn't really possible without all the materials ready.

20
-5 (major long action of travel + cutting down + caring materials back)
+1 (over one paragraph)
=16
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

User avatar
Aegis J Hyena
Game Master
Posts: 4042

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:50 pm

Current points: 20
Spending: 1 (basic actions, discussing things)
Regained: 1 (post longer than a paragraph)
New Total: 20

Fengo finally emerged from his cave after leaving his staff in an upright position, to head quickly for the corpse of the bear as it was prepared for the night's feast. Taking a good look at the sky to make sure it wasn't going to be raining on their good fortune, he oversaw the butchering of the corpse to make sure it was done right and not hastily. He nodded at Honn's words; he never did anything hasty and to claim the claws, skull and and teeth without the chief's permission was a big no-no to him. He'd forgotten to ask the others to fetch him berries from the forest and clay from the river to use as tribal marking paints (until proper ones could be grown and harvested), but those could come later.

For now, the two things on his mind are a proper name for the clan, and making the caves protected. The former was more important; the latter could wait until at least after a good meal could be made. Walking outside and kneeling by the corpse, he nods approvingly as it's skin comes loose.

"A clan's name must have teeth." He remarks to no one in particular (or anyone listening), assisting those in skinning the bear so that the meat and such would be that much more quickly reached. "Bear claw or clan of the cave bear is too... common. If we are to scare our enemies and become strong so that we may live, we need something with a sharper bite." He pokes the corpse. "Stronger than Diran. Stronger than a bear." He glances over at Elto. "With your permission, now that Diran is dead, I would like to claim the claws, teeth and skull for myself, for the good of the tribe." He was going to miss Diran, despite all the differences they headbutted over. "I propose we call ourselves something with meaning only for us. Strange words make strange thoughts in the minds of others, which leads to fear of the unknown. I propose we call ourselves the..." He picks the random syllables that come out of his mouth, no matter how strange they may sound. "Zolanok."
Discord: https://discord.gg/FcqbHap
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

User avatar
Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4832

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by Nerre » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:44 pm

Character: Honn Hitto
► Show Spoiler
Points: 19
+1 length of post
New points: 20

As Yala did not say any words of refusal, Hitto smiled at her and started to drag the bear balg hide to the chief. Maybe she was intimidated by Fengo showing up? Hitto can understand that the witch doctor can have that effect on young people, especially young woman. Hitto lifted the large head with his hands, which was still heavy, and threw the rest over his shoulder. That bear was massive, he thought, with the weight of the hide alone being the weight of an adult. Huffing and slowly walking, Hitto tried to follow Fengo on his way to the chief, but with all the weight he is slower. When he finally reached him and the chief, he only cought the word "Zolanok."

"What is Zolanok?" Hitto asked, carefully putting down the hide in front of the chief. "Here is the token of respect chief Elto, as promised." He paused with his head lowered a bit and watched the chiefs reaction.As the chief did not speak right away, he added nervously "The head is not empty yet, was not sure if you want it to be empty so I came to ask first. But if you want we can do that, so you can wear the hide. I made sure the hide was not cut along the arms so you can slip in. I thought about the name again. Clan of the cave bear says we are as strong as a cave bear. But we are stronger...well at least you. That should be in our name. Those who eat bear. Beareater. Strong name."

Later in the conversation, he brings up another topic "Did you already choose a cave chief? I know I am young and maybe one of the last to pick, but I would like to put my climbing ropes somewhere save until I need them."
He also turns to Fengo "You were already in there, how are the caves? Large and wide, or small and narrow? Are they dry or damp? Sand, earth or hard stone on the floor? Is there another exit?" Hitto keeps adding a few more questions, being very curious but also knowing that there are more important tasks right now than exploring the caves. It could even be dangerous. Maybe there are more bears in there, or gaps in the dark, lurking for someone they could swallow. Some caves were evil, others nice and cosy. He really hoped they found the later kind.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6870

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by Theis2 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:48 am

Points 21
More than a paragraph +1
basic action (drawing) -1
total 21

Min shoots Boe a dirty look. "Oh yeah? Do you want to give it a try? Or maybe I should wait until you get hurt, and see just how much you'll wince." She sticks her tongue out at Boe
I guess that will happen at some point unless I'm extraordinary lucky. I'll make sure you will be the first that is allowed a poke if that happens.
He says this with an overly cheerful smile to show Min that he ment no harm.

Boe then turns around as Ajax begins acting up. That wolf and Gereth seemed to be the same some times.. They both got a temper to say the least. At best Boe felt a bit annoyed about the two and he have been wondering why he only had fond memories of the old man before he left the tribe. He never really associated with him, but back when Boe was a kid, he watched Gereth handling animals some times. If only he could act with the same kindness he had towards animals and do it towards humans more often would be nice.
They also seemed to interrupt his plan of exploring the cave with Ril. Boe's annoyance didn't last for long though as the smell of bear innards reminded him what actually was in the camp.
He turned towards the bear Yala and Honn were skinning and watched intently as they progressed. Upon seeing the blood he got an idea for something that have worried him for quite a while. He grabbed a waterskin from his bag, opened it and smelled it. "Nope not this one." He put it into the bag again and took another one up and smelled it and making a grim face almost right away.
Just going to take a bit of this okay? Boe doesn't wait for an answer as he don't think the blood is used for anything. He smeared his finger in the blood so the tip of the finger was dripping with blood and he quickly drew a 4 legged creature on his waterskin. Now to just let it dry in and hopefully it would stay. He carefully put it down near the middle entrance to let it dry off and hopefully the red colour would stay in the form. He then walked back and watched people prepare the bear out of curiosity and lack of better things to do. At least he couldn't right away think of anything better at the moment.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

nikohl
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4575
Location: Ó▓á_Ó▓á

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by nikohl » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:53 am

Having only made her preliminary cuts on the bear's hide before leaving others of the tribe to gut and butcher the bear for meat, Yala does not see Hitto pull the skin free from the corpse and take it to the chief. She has busied herself with cleaning out the bone remnants of the bear's last few kills.

After carrying more and more bones to her pile at the front of the cave, Yala finds the passageway and side-cave where the bear had seemed to sleep now clear of debris. She moves backwards towards the darker areas of the cave, looking for more rubbish to clear out. Standing at the mouth of a further-back cave, she peers into the darkness and then gives a shrug. Perhaps she would come back later with a torch, and see whether there was something else back here. With no more unclaimed caves left to clear of bones, she returns to her accumulated pile and sits down in front of it, beginning to sort the bones into smaller piles according to their usefulness. The rib-bones and finger-bones of these smaller creatures would make good large needles for her hideworking, and the claws and teeth as sharp points for more delicate cutting tools. She set aside the longer limb-bones and spinal vertebrae in another pile, not interested in them for her own purposes but sure that someone else would want them.

(Yala points: 20. Sorting bones -1, over a paragraph +1, new total 20.)

User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4751

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:35 am

Starting points: 20
Spending: 2 (minor actions: finding a suitable 'anvil' stone, gathering leaves and/or grass, weaving said grass into mats, preparing the bigger meat chunks to be cooked by wrapping it in grass mats/leaves, covering it in earth and let the others build the fire on top of that; )
Earning: 1 (full paragraph)
Final points: 19
► Show Spoiler
As she returns to the outside, Min is surprised to see Boe idling around near the bear carcass, especially now that there still is so much to do. She remembers what he had said to her, after she stuck out her tongue at him, which was: "I guess that will happen at some point unless I'm extraordinary lucky. I'll make sure you will be the first that is allowed a poke if that happens." with a bright and friendly smile, too, which got her rather confused, after his cheeky opening statement.
But now, that she had time to sort her thoughts a little, she walks over to him and speaks: "Hi again. I'm sorry that I snapped at you like that before. I just really had the impression that you were making fun of me. I didn't like that at all. I hope it will be a long time until I can try my first aid skills on you." She smiles in a friendly, but shy way at him, feeling bad about her childish reaction, and giving him time to respond.

After that, she asks: "Say, you don't seem busy, would you be willing to help me get some stuff? I need two sticks about this high" she gestures at her throat, "as straight as you can find them about as thick that you can just fit it between your thumb and index finger, and each with a fork on one end. If you have a knife you could make the other ends all pointy. And another stick about this high," she gestures at her chest, "also as straight at you can find and slightly thinner, but at least as thick as your thumb. With them I could probably build some spit contraption to cook the meat."


EDIT: This part of the post happens after something in the next post, so I copied it there for easier chronological readability. I've spoilered it here for the same reason.
► Show Spoiler
reposting point system for own convenience
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8651
Location: Ohio

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:49 am

----GM Update (Elto)----

The entire trip had been a somber one, as Elto traveled with what was left of his fatherÔÇÖs people and finding himself thrust into the position of leadership. Now he stood here, in front of what would be the tribeÔÇÖs new home. So much had already happened since they had arrived and after allowing Min and Vera to poke and pry at him for a bit he waved the women away saying ÔÇ£Please, stop your worrying over me, these are but a few scratches, there is much work to be done before nightfallÔÇØ.

After asking the people for a name for the tribe, many members of the tribe had come up to him to suggest names and he thanked each of them for their suggestions. Elto felt his knees begin to wobble a little as the adrenaline that had kept him standing after the fight with the bear began to leave his system. As he was scanning the area for a place to sit, Fengo, the spiritual adviser of his father came over to him. Speaking in the deep but kind voice that he remembered fondly as a child, Fengo spoke of the might and strength of the bear that he had killed, but mentioned that the tribe should have a name with meaning. Fengo spoke with certainty as he allowed the sounds to flow from his lips, the sounds at first meant nothing, but as Fengo repeated them the word Zolanok appeared. ÔÇ£Thank you Fengo, I must think on these words that you have given me, I am very thankful for your advice.ÔÇØ Elto bowed his head slightly to show his respect to the shaman.

As he was listening to the words of the shaman, a headstrong young lad by the name of Hitto struggled into the area carrying the dripping wet skin of the bear. The young lad offered it to him that he might wear it. Elto tipped back his head and roared a deep hearty laugh, such a laugh that he hadnÔÇÖt had since the death of his father and much of his people. With a broad smile on his lips, Elto spoke softly to the young man as he struggled with the fresh hide. ÔÇ£I hope you plan on allowing the hide to be properly dried first, but thank you, it is an honor to accept this hide from the tribeÔÇØ he said with a smile on his lips. As he spoke he saw Fengo had an eye on the skull of the beast which still set within the bloodied skin. ÔÇ£Fengo, for the good of the tribe, I would like you to have the skull and claws of the beast and may the stars shine their light upon us.ÔÇØ The words had slipped so easily from his lips as Elto realized that they were the same words that his father often spoke.

As the young lad had asked his many questions, the one that stuck out the most was that of picking a cave for Vera and him. ÔÇ£Vera, come, let us find a cave to call our ownÔÇØ he called to her. As Vera walked up to him, he took her hand and led her into the cave while asking her which cave she would like to have as a home.
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4832

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest (Starting Post Up!)

Post by Nerre » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:40 am

Points: 20
-1 moving bear hide if somebody helps
+1 length of post
New points: 20

Hitto replied wide a grin as wide as that of the chief, but kind of ominous as the lower part of the face of the young guy was red with bear blood, just like his torso and arms and parts of his legs "Yes, I just wanted to show it to you. I am not stupid, just overeager it seems."
Getting no clear answer about being allowed to go into the caves, Hitto decides to put his ropes below a large and overhanging stone close to the place where the new fire pit and the bear butchery site was. Then he asked Fengo nicely "Would you mind helping me to get it back over there to get the skull out? It is very heavy. I will get you the skull out then. Just don't want to spill the blood and guts all over the place, might attract other predators here."
He grabs one of the arms of the bear hide and puts it over his shoulder, hoping that Fengo would do the same with the other. If the elder got other plans, Hitto will ask around for help.

Post Reply