Random Thread 2: Social plane shifting?

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Random Thread 2: Social plane shifting?

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:51 pm

Uuuuh, okay, now it's been update. I'll reserve complaints until we see how Duke sorts out the known difficulties.

Also, the forum itself now looks all fancy. Cool.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:20 am

So do the new spoilers look weird to anyone else? It looks like there's a dropshadow effect on all the text inside them or something.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:39 am

Hm, you're right. Weird.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:48 am

Just changed back to the prosilver theme and the spoilers look normal again, so guess the new theme is messing with it somehow.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:09 am

I can barely see dusk's name and his a atar blends in well with the new sceme, makes it seem like we have an imvisible person talking.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:16 am

Invisible? I'm not invisible!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:17 am

The name may be a bit dark, but his avatar stands out pretty clearly on my end. Maybe your screens just dark?
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:18 am

Yeah, I'm on the prosilver theme too - the new one is hard to see for me, especially on mobile.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:37 am

Yeah, we're still looking at that and making changes... It's mostly out of my hands, though, as it seems to mainly be a CSS thing and I can't change that.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:01 pm

Dlover wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:17 am The name may be a bit dark, but his avatar stands out pretty clearly on my end. Maybe your screens just dark?
I am on mobile so he blends in very well.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:15 pm

Yeah the mobile and desktop version are suuuuper different.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 07, 2018 7:16 am

So I had some time to screw around this weekend and ended up drafting a map for a new D&D campaign. Turns out brush templates are suuuuper useful for this kind of thing if you have Photoshop! I would imagine there are options for Gimp too, but it made life surprisingly easy.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon May 07, 2018 7:18 am

:O That looks so damn cool!
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 07, 2018 7:23 am

Cheers! I might try this out for more regional / city / dungeon maps for the WA in due course.

Inspired
Game Master

Post by Inspired » Mon May 14, 2018 5:26 pm

Shameless self advertising:

I intend to create a new Minesweepers game. ;)
aka LooksAndSmiles, or L&S for short.

Inspired
Game Master

Post by Inspired » Thu May 31, 2018 4:28 am

It might have been common knowledge, but I have just discovered that you can use Unicode characters on the forum. This will be a great help at character sheets for me, as I can use them as abbreviation...

Guess I might use stuff like these:
Attack ⚔
Defense ⛉
Luck 🍀
Health ♡
Mana ⛤

Sorry for spamming nonsense. :oops: I'm just happy with this found. Do you think we should organize them and make a post in the game resources so GMs could take advantage of it? Of course, black icons won't work on the black theme, but you can just give them a color...
aka LooksAndSmiles, or L&S for short.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:36 am

...not gonna lie, those are really cool. How'd you get them to work?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu May 31, 2018 4:40 am

They're just unicode characters, so you can just copy&paste them. If you're talking about a more efficient solution than that though, like some kind of keyboard option to select them, I'm not sure though. :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:37 am

Was hoping there would be an easier method, yeah :lol:

Still cool though ☃

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 31, 2018 11:45 am

Yeah, that is good to know :) thanks inspired!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:44 pm

Hey folks! So I'm building a RP campaign at the moment and I'm looking for some interesting NPCs to drop in along the way. The setting is low magic (magic races are tolerated only if they keep their magic unused; accidental arcanists (e.g. wild sorcerors) are hunted and imprisoned or otherwise neutralised, and active pursuit of the arcane arts is severely punished). Divine classes form a sort of Inquisition force, under the command of the Council of Nine who rule the realm.

There are very good reasons for the rules to be as they are (arcane magic weakens the seal to the demon planes in the rift and brings everyone a little closer to disaster), but obviously it's also massively hampered progress and the welfare of the populace and the mage hunts are seen by many as frightening and unfair. The campaign will be exploring that setting and ultimately deciding what to do about the whole rift problem.

The landscape is that map I posted in here a little while ago (further up or on the last page) and I'm going for a Mongolian / Tibetan Plateau kind of biome (except for the giant demon rift in the middle).

Anyway, I've got a bunch of NPCs planned out already but it's taking aaaaages, and if you have any inspirational characters who might for I'd love to hear your ideas :) they can be anyone from minor rulers, bandits, spies, Messengers or whatever to the Guy Down the Pub. Shout if you need more info and thanks in advance :)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:55 pm

Merric would be a great addition :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:43 pm

Start sneakily introducing all canon characters from this forum. You've my permission to use Ulmwin at least. :lol:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:50 pm

A setting where arcane magic is forbidden sounds perfect for a conjurer who never conjures anything like Jaspers!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:08 pm

Lol :) thanks folks!

I might have Merric be a random beggar / street preacher somewhere who everyone thinks is straight-up insane, but who always vanishes at the first sign of inquisitorial forces.

What was Ulmwin's background again? He's a performer, and a Bard, but is he multiclassing too?

Who's Jaspers?