The Goblin Adventurer's League

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nerre
Game Master

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (NEW QUEST AVAILABLE!)

Post by Nerre » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:30 pm

Again the unlucky "first place to not get in". :(
Really would have loved to have a game again which updates more frequently than once every 2-3 weeks.
Have fun guys!

Is there no list of how much she will pay? I posted a list of things Remedy would try to sell.
Here it is again with the prices Mantagar had offered:
► Show Spoiler
:zzz:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:51 pm

No list as yet. This place is obviously organised by some complex, personal system known only to the witch.

I can make a list of stuff for sale if you guys want, but I kind of wanted to leave it open to reasonable requests. If you have an idea for something you want, I'll work with it and have the witch offer a trade.

Nerre, I think that should answer your question as well.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:22 pm

Now that the girl is in a ring of roses and the mud monster is distracted, Leaves will try an attack on the girl with both daggers.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:46 pm

Laughs will jab at the mud monster, trying to leap back of it attacks, and making sure to hold onto his spear.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:00 pm

This is a suggestion for a change in the sign up mechanics. Please give it a chance and think it through:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:11 pm

I have no problem adjusting the sign up scheme IF it's wanted by the majority of GAL members.

Something like nerres system could be feasible; or we could offer gms a bonus for making a game. The numbers in nerres example don't work as they are because they very strongly favour the players who get into games, which I think is the opposite of what is intended :)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:30 pm

Could you explain why this strongly favours people who get into games more than the current game? I think the current system favours people who get into games a lot more than the one I suggested. I think the old system keeps the numbers far too close to each other to make a difference, and fully leaves out the amount of non-participation.

Here is a comparison of the new vs the old system:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:38 pm

"Hello. I got all this items and would like to increase my endurance in a fight. Do you think you could use the patch of troll hide for example to enchant my chainmail or helmet with some hitpoint booster or regeneration spell? Or craft some armored pants out of it, which regenerate? You could keep the rest of it - if there is any - and I am willing to give you several of the other items for this service. It was only a piece of troll flesh but it grew into this strange ball later. Even after the troll was dead, it regenerated."
she pauses for a moment.
"Do you have any literature about alchemy, herbs or potion making? By the way - do you have a name to call you by?"
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Nerre on Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:04 pm

Sorry, you're right. I had my numbers backwards... Never mind!

Also, ormilla is the gnome at hq - do you want to go back there and trade with her instead of the swamp witch?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:15 pm

Lol, I just noticed when I wanted to check up Ormillas selling list. XD haha! Edited my post. We should give her a name like "Serafina Weatherwax, the hag of the swamp"

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:15 pm

thinkslogically wrote: "Looks like a fairly standard transmogrification curse to me. Unfortunately, it's not within my realms of expertise to fix. I could chop it off and patch you up good as new if you like, but'll you need to find a cleric for curse removals if you want it reversed. Same for the mud-honey thing I imagine. I don't suppose you would be able to bring me a sample by any chance? I've often heard of mudhoney's strange properties but never managed to get my hands on any. "
"When last we spoke you mentioned you might be interested in a sample of mudhoney, and so I ventured off to find some for you. Even if it's too chaotic for your tastes i'm sure it would be worth studying to discover it's strange properties. I have a pot or a vial right here you can have, and would be willing to trade for a explosive or toxin.

As for the location for now that's a goblin secret but i can always get you more samples" "
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:18 am

"I also have some normal, non-transmogrifying mudhoney in this pot if you just like cooking with it or making poultices. I'm interested in those explosives you said about... Can I see those please?"

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:15 am

Walks thanks the girl, stands up and bows to her. "Will you answer any questions at all, or is your poem and comments on the random things all you'll tell us?" she asks the apparition.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:24 am

Some Place Near The Mudhoney Fountain

Laughs jabs and cackles at the giant slug mud monster brandishing his spear and it retreats a further away from the group avoiding any blows, but it looks like it's beginning to regain its composer after Tink catches up with it and dunks her hands into its body. As she tries to retreat back with slimey hands to the girl she realizes her hands are stuck to the slug creature.

Two of the other goblins decide to talk to the girl thing.
"If there are more than one you, are you certain that this you is actually you and not a copy of the original you, and if many of you exist then at least one of you is not supposed to exist. It must be difficult to you to know that you are not supposed to be here." tap projects.

Sounding more intelligent but with a voice close to the hologram of the girl from resident evil.
"There is more than one goblin, you are not copies of each other but are birthed from the mix of two, I similarly am a mix but of three things, Isolde, dreams and magic.

Walks thanks the girl, stands up and bows to her. "Will you answer any questions at all, or is your poem and comments on the random things all you'll tell us?" she asks the apparition.

"I can tell you many things but my knowledge is conditional, I know things when they are needed, like that one of you is about to try and attack me."

Leaves tries a lunging attack on the girl with both daggers, but like a blade through water it ends up with his blades passing through her quite easily. The girl giggles as if she's been tickled.

OOC: no picture today.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:33 am

Laughs giggles as he grabs Tink and tries to pull her free, menacing the monster with his spear to try to her her loose.

((It's two handed, so not trying to attack, just waving it about to threaten with fear effect.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:47 am

"Then, please tell me who and what the guardian of the fountain is." Walks asks politely. Holding her shield up high to defend herself, she tries to help Laughs get Tink unstuck from the golem (?) and after that gain a safe distance from them again.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:48 am

"how do you know if you really exist though? You can phase through many things, would you be only a fomplicated illusion? And of you are not alive how are you affected by allergies?" Tap picks up one of the flowers amd holds it up to her.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:58 pm

((I'm pretty much out of ideas. The roses are to go in a ring aorund the girl, otherwise they wouldn't have been in the initial picture. Not sure about the pocket of posies or the sneezing, but I've got no clues on how to hurt her or the mud monster. As I suggested earlier I think fire could damage it, but we've got nothing on us to create fire.))
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:16 pm

Do we have two sticks? We can make fire the old fashion way.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:31 pm

(You guys know it's a real nursery rhyme, right? I'm sure you do, I'm just checking in case it's relevant...)

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:49 pm

Tink grins sheepishly at Laughs & Gathers, and struggles as hard as she can to get free. "I don't know what possessed me to think that it would work, but I thought maybe you can only touch the ghost with golem-slime. I should have remembered what happened to the axes. Say, I wonder what would happen if you threw the flowers at the golem and it sucked them in too. Maybe it's the golem that is hurt by flowers, not the girl? Ugh, or what if the girl's name is Rosie, and we were supposed to form a ring around her?"

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:38 pm

Will make and post something tonight as it looks like every one has posted.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:01 am

nikohl wrote:(You guys know it's a real nursery rhyme, right? I'm sure you do, I'm just checking in case it's relevant...)
Yup, ye olde English "Ring-a-ring of roses".

I've got the 'ring of roses' part done, and given how few there were I'm fairly certain they go around her and not the golem. She seemed to react slightly negatively to me doing that so I figure I'm on the right track.

Its the pocket of posies and the atishoo bit that I'm not sure about. Sneezing on her didn't seem to do anything, unless we have to make her sneeze...

Leaves picks a leaf or blade of grass or something up from the ground and delicately tickle's the girl's nose. If that fails he'll try with a rose, without removing one that would break the ring.
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:18 am

Synch wrote: Yup, ye olde English "Ring-a-ring of roses".
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:55 am

Some Place Near The Mudhoney Fountain

Tink grins sheepishly at Laughs & Gathers, and struggles as hard as she can to get free. "I don't know what possessed me to think that it would work, but I thought maybe you can only touch the ghost with golem-slime. I should have remembered what happened to the axes. Say, I wonder what would happen if you threw the flowers at the golem and it sucked them in too. Maybe it's the golem that is hurt by flowers, not the girl? Ugh, or what if the girl's name is Rosie, and we were supposed to form a ring around her?"

As Laughs giggles and goes to grab Tink he tries to pull her free, but with only one hand and trying to be menacing to the monster with his spear in the other it doesn't quite work.

As Walks ask's her question she doesn't quite have time for an answer as Walkson seeing the monster is about to attack rushes over and holds up her shield high to defend herself and the others, after deflecting a hard hitting blow she tries to help Laughs get Tink unstuck from the slug monster with the aid of two Tink is pulled free and a few goblins go prone.

Leaves's stands on by thinking as TAP asks "How do you know if you really exist though? You can phase through many things, would you be only a complicated illusion? And of you are not alive how are you affected by allergies?"

As the girl is about to answer another question Tap picks up one of the flowers and holds it up to her, she sneezing suddenly and falls off the rock she was sitting on. The slug monster stops in it's tracks as if waiting an order.
"Ouchie I have a boo boo." With a sad face she rubs her elbow. "In answer to your question both myself and Mr Honeybun are the guardians and i'm not an illusion more like a solid dream detached from the dreamer. Even so you have caused me a boo boo and so your have hurt a guardian, as such we will reveal the location of fountain to you. Come follow me.

At the Fountain of Mudhoney

After only about five minutes walk all of you arrive at the fountain and both the little girl and Mr Honeybun glide into it. Mr Hunnybun drops the two axes as he enters the fountain basin and somehow disappears into its depths. The little girl waits a moment and turns to those collected here
"Drink your fill and heal your wounds, and may the blessing the fountain brings you be one that will aid you and its protection in the future."

ooc: congrats all you made it to the fountain.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem