The Goblin Adventurer's League

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (NEW QUEST AVAILABLE!)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:32 am

TAP drinks from the fontian, having been wounded.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:47 am

Walks thanks the girl for leading them here. "I am sorry we had to hurt you. Will you be okay?"

Then she sends a short prayer up to Maglubiyet thanking him for protecting and guiding her so far and asks for the effects of the mud honey on her to be beneficial, gulps down a lump in her throat and drinks from the fountain.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:28 pm

Laughs giggles, picks up his axes, and dips a handful out and drinks of the mud honey.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:56 pm

Leaves pockets one of the roses before they leave.

He too drinks from the fountain, and fills a mug he swiped from the Inn with mudhoney to water his seeds back home.
► Show Spoiler

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:43 pm

Tinkers looks around with the fountain, marveling at the construction and fine statues. Then, she looks at the other goblins and sighs dejectedly. "I kind of feel like I didn't pull my weight back there - my very first adventure, and I could have done better... But I'm definitely grateful to you, Laughs, and Gathers, for rescuing me from my own foolishness. You live and you learn, I suppose."

Then she walks over to the ghost. "Thanks for the lesson, and for guiding us here." She'll then kneel down by the fountain and help herself to a handful, which she raises in a toast to the ghost-girl and her fellow goblins before drinking.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:34 am

► Show Spoiler
Walks gently pats Tinkers onto the back. "You're quite welcome. But the 'live and learn' bit is only true as long as you survive, so be more careful in the future." she says in a good-natured voice with a conspiratorial wink.

"And always be ready to aid your fellow goblins unless they are completely reckless, acting without reason and would take you down with them, if you were to try and help them."
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:04 am

At The Fountain of Mudhoney

After a little talking the little girl nods at Walks with a smile then disappears into the mudhoney sinking like one would into custard.

The group of goblins all decide to try the sweet smelling goodness that is the Mudhoney in the fountain.

TAP, Walks, Laughs, Leaves and Tink all head to the fountain and scoop out handful to chow down on. Everyone gets a different sensation of taste. To some it's chewy and sticky, to others the initial taste is sweet but soon changes to sour, some it is merely sweet and delicious.

The first goblin to notice an effect is TAP simply because his wounds heal, but he's not initially sure what he can do all he feels is full for the moment.
The first goblin to see an effect is Walks as she somehow activates her new power and summons forth a bee, a slightly gooey but still able to fly bee. It buzzes round and heads towards TAP. As if by reflex TAP summons forth a semisolid mudhoney shield and the bee flies on by.
Continuing its path it heads towards Leaves and somehow manages to sting him for -1HP. In response his new ability trigger and he manages to fire off an odd blast of "energy" at the bee harming it and it buzzes off away from him.

Laughs seeing the bee, the shield and the odd energy blast tries to work out his new power and after maybe the second longest attempt of working it out he manages to make his hands go blue...holding one of his axes he realizes it goes blue too.. but it quickly fades and so does his hands.

Tink just feels healthy, really god damn healthy, as if been invigorated but the taste of the mudhoney, but after many attempts can seem to do anything new.

Suddenly out of the woods bursts Dashon

"Ah more of you arrived, wonderful! I hope your task was as easy as mine to get here. I've only done a little magical research in the last few hours after your little buddy left me but i've found a few two things out already. The transformation effect on the fountain is keyed only to effect goblins and the healing effect of mudhoney loses it potency after a while, but how quickly seems random. It's still a delicious food though even after the magic wears off.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:06 am

Tap looks around at the statues, reading what is on them.

Does the mud honey shield stack with other shields? As in if I get a wooden shield can I summon the shield for more protection? Also is it once per adventure, or is there some time which it can be summoned again?

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:43 am

Lemme check if I understood you correctly: You write "same base + current stats" as the summoner, and then you write" AT +1 and HP -2". Does that mean the bee minion has 1 ATT more than the summoner (with current equip and wounds) and 2 HP less?
And he can fly.

What can he do in one turn? Move, action, attack wise?
► Show Spoiler

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:04 pm

Tink grins at Gathers, nods, and then looks from the fading ghost to the statue of Isolde the halfling, and then back again. "Well isn't that interesting." To pass the time, she'll just look around the fountain, to see how it works, and where all the extra mudhoney goes so it doesn't overflow.

OOC: What's the bee's name? Is it Beetrice? Tobee? Beenedict? Annabeel?

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:16 pm

Leaves frowns at Walks and the bee, and rubs some of the mudhoney on his sting. He fills the mug he swiped with mudhoney.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:20 pm

At the Swamp Witch

"Hello. I got all this items and would like to increase my endurance in a fight. Do you think you could use the patch of troll hide for example to enchant my chainmail or helmet with some hitpoint booster or regeneration spell? Or craft some armored pants out of it, which regenerate? You could keep the rest of it - if there is any - and I am willing to give you several of the other items for this service. It was only a piece of troll flesh but it grew into this strange ball later. Even after the troll was dead, it regenerated. Do you have any literature about alchemy, herbs or potion making? By the way - do you have a name to call you by?"
"Ooohhhhh... I haven't seen troll hide in SUCH a long time! It's quite rare you know. But I don't do enchantments - I only make potions. I can make you a potion from the troll hide, or from some of your other consumable items if you want. As for books, I only have... Well, nothing you can read. I don't really have a name. People just call me whatever they feel like when they decide to visit. I don't particularly care."

"When last we spoke you mentioned you might be interested in a sample of mudhoney, and so I ventured off to find some for you. Even if it's too chaotic for your tastes i'm sure it would be worth studying to discover it's strange properties. I have a pot or a vial right here you can have, and would be willing to trade for a explosive or toxin. As for the location for now that's a goblin secret but i can always get you more samples"
"I also have some normal, non-transmogrifying mudhoney in this pot if you just like cooking with it or making poultices. I'm interested in those explosives you said about... Can I see those please?"
"Did I? I wonder why I would have wanted... OH! I remember now! Yes! Very well, I will trade you your mudhoney for another potion of your choice. I have a few mild poisons that can be used to coat weapons or poison food with... Um... There's one over here that will make you sleep... This one... ummm... It causes extreme itching... unless you're allergic in which case you'll explode. I don't have too many explosives, but this one... this one will burst into flames as soon as you smash the ceramic it's kept in and THIS one will freeze as soon as it's smashed. I can probably make some more potions with your ingredients if you want. I ... think... yes... that could work... "

She trails off.

Back at the GAL

Leaves takes his cup of mudhoney back to the GAL and uses it to water the walnuts he planted beside the path. It leaves a couple of sticky puddles. Time will tell if it does anything interesting.

---------------------------------------

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:35 pm

Walks tilts her head, not sure how she could have prevented that. "Hey, Leaves. I'm sorry that this bee stung you. It wasn't my intention. But at least it got you to discover your ability."
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:36 pm

Leaves nods understandably at Walks, and holds up his finger then shrugs. He's not sure how he did his ability either.
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:33 am

All would like to trade her ingredients (forage and dead things, basically?) for a sleeping poison and a freeze-explosive. Or trade for gold and then buy those things, if that's more suitable.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:43 am

"Can you make me a weapon or shield coating from this magic glands?" Remedy asks and hands her the yellow one with electricity magic. "I would like attackers to get shocked if they hit the shield or when I hit them with the shield. But as it is not made of metal, but bones, it shouldn't shock me. To use it with my weapon, I need gloves first though. And I got this indigo gland. I don't know what one can do with it, but maybe I can trade it for potions that boost my attributes for a while? I also would give you those things for potions or weapon oil. I prefer oils that last long over some that only last a few turns. Do you have something that last permanently or that has multiple uses?"

she presents the follow items to the witch:
"Those where once human feet I think, a mage transformed them. Maybe you can reuse the transformation magic. If you are able to free the boots from the feet, you can keep them"
Wooden Foot Filled Boots

"This human parts come from people which were possessed by some strange insectoid being, which did horrible experiments on several kinds of humanoids."
Human Right Hand
Human Rib Bone
Human Teeth (6)
Big Paw Pup Paws (2)
Rat Trophies (claws, teeth, tail)
Mosquito Mouthparts (13)
Mosquito Wings (15)
Mosquito Exoskeleton (6)

OOC In short: weapon oil for yellow glands, usefull potions for a tank for the rest, as she doesn't offer gold anyway.
Last edited by Nerre on Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:zzz:

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:24 am

TAP reads the statues

Top left Statue of a human girl
Isolde
Born under the sign of Wise
She divined truth by solving lies
Puzzles were her only friend
And thus she hid until the end

Bottom left - a statue of a heavy set goblin
Chief Planner
His plans and shield protected us
fought off the adventurers
with his foresight
but he was still killed by a 7th level wizard

Top right - a statue of a muscular goblin
Chief Echo
Always did things twice
from repeating himself at meetings
to talking to the teller and even dying
Killed by a 5th level rogue twice

Bottom right - a cloak human statue with a symbol on his chest
Dawn was broken when night fell
yet dreams may bring him together
but when dreamers awake
where do dreams go.

Leaves heals himself again in with the mudhoney from the fountain.

Tinks looks into the mildly flowing mudhoney that is the fountain, it's too thick to see through to see the bottom, but It seems to flow towards the center and it must recycle itself that way.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:14 am

Tink spins around on one heel, twirling her spear like a baton, for fun. "Well, this was an interesting adventure! Thanks all! I'm ready to be getting along and start Savage's quest, then, but I'll just look around until everyone is good to go." Then she'll just walk around, looking at statues and making small talk with her fellow goblins if they aren't busy with other things.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:32 pm

At the Swamp Witch

All offers:
  • Big Paw Pup Corpses (2)
  • Small Hard Purple Berries (6)
  • Mosquito Corpse (2)
  • Grey Mushroom
  • ÔÇØBig PawÔÇØ paws (2)
  • (Stoneware Crock of Mudhoney)
and is offered:
  • sleeping poison (2) - Causes 1+1d3 turns of sleep when consumed. One use.
  • freeze-explosive - Causes 2DAM to 1 enemy and 1DAM splash damage to nearby enemies. Chance to freeze the targets. One use.
If you also trade the crock of Mudhoney, you'll get another poison too:
  • Poison: Causes +1DAM over 1d3 turns when consumed or after application to a weapon. One use.
"Can you make me a weapon or shield coating from this magic glands? I would like attackers to get shocked if they hit the shield or when I hit them with the shield. But as it is not made of metal, but bones, it shouldn't shock me. To use it with my weapon, I need gloves first though. And I got this indigo gland. I don't know what one can do with it, but maybe I can trade it for potions that boost my attributes for a while? I also would give you those things for potions or weapon oil. I prefer oils that last long over some that only last a few turns. Do you have something that last permanently or that has multiple uses?

"Those where once human feet I think, a mage transformed them. Maybe you can reuse the transformation magic. If you are able to free the boots from the feet, you can keep them. This human parts come from people which were possessed by some strange insectoid being, which did horrible experiments on several kinds of humanoids."

She offers:
  • Yellow snake corpse
  • Wooden Foot Filled Boots
  • Human Right Hand
  • Human Rib Bone
  • Human Teeth (6)
  • Big Paw Pup Paws (2)
  • Rat Trophies (claws, teeth, tail)
  • Mosquito Mouthparts (13)
  • Mosquito Wings (15)
  • Mosquito Exoskeleton (6)
"My potions don't really provide "Benefits" as such... except as far as killing an enemy would be a benefit. I don't want your wooden feet I'm afraid, but the other stuff will do fine for potion-making..."

And is offered:
  • Electrical explosive potion: Causes 4DAM to one enemy when thrown OR causes 2DAM to multiple enemies if thrown into water. One use. (1)
  • Bleeding Poison: Causes bleeding (+1DAM over 1d3 turns) when consumed or after application to a weapon. One use. (4)
-------------------------

Once you guys are done, I'll get Quest 10 started in the next couple of days.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:38 pm

Leaves fills the mug he swiped with mudhoney and makes his way back to the Inn with the others.

When he returns, he fertilises he acorn and walnut he planted with mudhoney, before rinsing out the mug in the fountain and sneakily returning it to the bar.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:48 pm

Remedy accepts the offer, although she had hope for potions that last longer that would have been more stable. But she decided she likes the witch, and doesn't want to make her upset, and it still sounds like a good deal, especially after the other traders did not want to buy the items anyway. "Thanks, I will take the potions. Have fun with the animal part, I will try to get some more if I can."

Once the others are ready too, she will travel back to the Gobl'inn with them.
:zzz:

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:05 pm

Whoops. Forgot to post Forges attempt at trade for this as he offered his mud honey pot and will take anything that is offered, which I guess will be the same as the crock.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:32 am

All will hang onto the mudhoney for now but make the other trades. She'll thank the swamp witch and then head back, eager to get prepared for the quest.

Back at HQ, All will make sure the other people going on the quest to sort out nasty old Moric are all reasonably well-equipped before they go, and investigate the Shared Loot Pile with them if they need stuff.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:39 pm

All right, GAL 10 is ready to rock and roll as soon as you guys are (the update is written and everything). All I need from each of my 4 players is confirmation of what you're taking with you and what you're leaving in storage at the GAL.

nikohl: your enormous list of things is below. CAn you please edit it (by quoting this post) to include what you want to keep? (bold means equipped). Thanks! The rest of you guys can just give me a list :)
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League

Post by Theis2 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:57 pm

Hmm, could I have the prismatic snakes for the combo cube? We could keep one comboed dagger each depending on how they turn out? :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread