Civilization IV: Officially Over (see latest post)

Home to all current Forum Games.
nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: Civilization IV: Returns August 31

Post by nikohl » Fri May 24, 2013 12:25 am

I'm glad Croverus has suggested an interim game. I was going to say, if this had ended rather than paused, would people be interested in a freeform, mostly unled roleplaying game with these characters. But as its paused not stopped, I don't want to do that, because then we'll be stuck trying to differentiate between canon/non-canon when Aegis returns.

If people really want that though, and he doesn't mind, I could set something up.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Fri May 24, 2013 12:51 am

I've already posted an Interest thread. Aegis, if I drop my character from this game, any chance you could send me some tips or statistics, maybe a cheat sheet of how you'd do the math all the time?

Athedia
Of Few Words
UStream Username: Athedia

Post by Athedia » Fri May 24, 2013 7:49 am

Hey wouldn't mind an attempt at a free form game, though i have no experience with them.
Thank you anonymous friend from college who made the cute ninja. I insist on using it as my avatar until you join the forums since you love the comic. Take that.

Okay, she joined but I am not taking this down. Come on, look at the cute.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri May 24, 2013 7:53 am

Well really all it would be is people using the names for the characters they have here, and the desert setting, to type to each other. I wouldn't be able to do much actual "running" of it, it'd just be 'goblins chilling out at oasis hearth', lol - it would just be to keep the memories of these characters alive. But the game is paused, not dead, so it's not really necessary to.

I'm interested in CroverusRaven's interim game moreso than that idea anyway.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri May 24, 2013 8:01 am

Heh. "Day in the life" minus all the interesting crap. I don't care what happens with the characters if you want to use 'em elsewhere; if they're used in other places I consider it other realities. :)
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Fri May 24, 2013 10:27 am

My P&P-GM already snagged the idea and created a goblin-windrider (on vultures!)- Squadron... :D

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:46 pm

CroverusRaven is trying to run/start a newish type approach to CIV, it looks like he is looking for at least one more player before he starts, I implore you, if you are looking for a game, to check it out.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:16 pm

Heh. And to think I came up with a second non-goblin civilization idea myself really brain? egg laying aquatic centaurs? I might pop in if he can't find anyone. I'll check any relevant threads when I'm not just blinking in and out like now.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:04 am

Just making it official, this Civ is over due my recent kidney failure (I was at -9 when caught and brought to a healer) and I have other obligations for the rest of the summer.

When I do return, it will be under a different name, and I'll let Badgeaddict and a few others on my Steam Friends List know I am returning beforehand. ETA probably january 2014, fresh year, fresh start.

I think we can honestly say that even if the other races and the Norfs got in the way, you're more than resourceful enough to keep Oasis Hearth and its extentions survivable. We can call this one a win.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Civilization IV: Officially Over (see latest post)

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:18 am

I was actually wondering if this may happen, not technically because of your grievous injury, but because the story had been played out so much. I look forward to the next chapter in.....

Goblinization...

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:13 pm

you should make a big sum up where everyone dies, just to get a ending to it...
Id like that, everyone dies, the end :P :stab:
Click here if you want to beat me up!

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:49 am

It is sad, even when I was out of the forum now for quite some time because of own healt issues... I liked the game very much and I still like some of the characters. I would love to take some of it on, at least the characters and am currently thinking if another game would be possible... At least if somebody would be interested... Hrrrm...

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:51 am

Well, as I mentioned, I'd be happy to oversee/administrate a roleplaying game where people play their characters in Oasis Hearth, but it'd be a lot less content heavy than Aegis' game. I'd occasionally give you guys challenges or something but you'd have to drive a lot of the progress yourselves.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:40 am

aww, but January is so close, and then we get to start a new one.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:53 am

And I'll definitely be in for that - but the characters won't be the same, they never are. If people are still attached to their Oasis Hearth characters then we could just have an "Oasis Hearth" thread where people post back and forth about the daily goings on in the clan, which won't affect the past or future Civs.

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:05 pm

And I have to say... I became quite affected to my little chieftess.^^ Of course I can play the reborn card in the next Civ, but would that be the same ? Not really. And I love the Simulation-Aspect of Civ, but my main Focus was nearly always the RPG-Side... So why not give it a try...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:07 pm

hah, you think you will be chieftess again.....stand back maiden, as Belches fire - lord of all that is awesome, will rise to be chief....of the world. mwahahaha.

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:20 pm

In fact I would take the roll again - But on all price ? Nah. It kept me from running into the dangerous interesting things quite often, being more powerfull than other goblins or not. :D

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:30 pm

I'm sad that I've missed out on all the other Civ's leading up to this point and I can only begin to imagine what will happen in the one to come. I only hope that the difficulty (and possibility of death and hardships) increase, as I feel this is more realistic. (speaking as one who died)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:48 pm

Alright, well - I'll make the thread, and people can drift in if they want to.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:53 pm

or, we could create semi-new characters with the sole intent of Role-playing the current Civ3?4? perspective. Cause, wow, I totally don't remember much except I was a mage named Stops. But I could totally go for some RP, using the same setting just with new characters.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Thread's up - and what I've suggested is that people have a few characters if they want, so that even if only five or six people are playing, there's a "village-ful" of goblins who can be doing stuff/interacting. Feel free to make a new dude and scrap Stops entirely - hey, I doubt I'll be playing Rhymes much, since it's not actually fun to roleplay an acid-fingered bone-covered guy with a deathgrip on a demon-orb, who can't even take a piss by himself ;)

http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=656 <--thread's there, pile in. Feel free to PM people you think might not notice this, and might want to play.