Checking up

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Inspired
Game Master

Checking up

Post by Inspired » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:02 pm

Hello Everyone!

Thunt's health-issue post made me comment in the twitter thread, but it also got me thinking... I have been out of the loop of the community for the past, hmmmm, 4 years, which is kind of sad in a way, but, you know, life...

So, I would like to ask - if anyone bothers to answer - how's it going? I see the text editor has had some facelift, and that there is still some life at the Games subforum... So I assume community-wise all is fine?

Still, it would be nice of you if you could write a short post of how it's been going in your life. (I'm looking at the "oldies" mostly who still maybe remember who Looks&Smiles is/was. :) )

I promise to read each of your posts and even though my forum activity still stays around the minimal I assure you I'm curious and also caring of what's gone about here. I'm also content with your story via PM if you feel like the events of your life are kinda not-public-but-shareable-with-someone-you-remember-from-the-good-old-days, if you know what I mean... :)

To ease up writing a bit, I'm going to share what's been up with my life since around 2014. I guess my forum activity dropped around that time.
► Show Spoiler
aka LooksAndSmiles, or L&S for short.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Re: Checking up

Post by Wolfie » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:54 am

I remember you... quite fondly. :)

I've been... busy. Got married. Got divorced. Watching my kid grow up into a beautiful young lady... and it scares the bejeezus out of me. Got promoted. Currently looking for a house for me and my offspring and debating options.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:55 am

Welcome back! We missed you in Games.

What have I been up to since 2014? Well, I lost 6 months of my memory to side effects from medication changes imposed by my insurance company. Met up with an awesome bunch of Goblinites in London. Thoroughly exhausted myself and don't remember much of the recovery period. Tried some new medications and can't really remember much of what happened then. Started a restaurant. Had a severe decline in health. The restaurant failed. My health improved slightly, but not nearly back to what it had been before. Had a girlfriend for a few months but we worked better as friends. Did some more traveling in there, including a second Goblins meetup in Amsterdam. That was pretty cool. Planning to go to Emerald City Comic Con beginning of March to hang out with Thunt and Danielle for a while. Hopefully we'll all be up to it. But mostly I've just been chasing sleep and failing.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Inspired
Game Master

Post by Inspired » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:12 pm

Wolfie wrote:I remember you... quite fondly. :)

I've been... busy. Got married. Got divorced. Watching my kid grow up into a beautiful young lady... and it scares the bejeezus out of me. Got promoted. Currently looking for a house for me and my offspring and debating options.
And still using that avatar I see... :D Glad to see you around!

Kids growing, huh? I (still) don't have my own, but seeing the co-workers kids grow feels kind of similar. I mean, I saw them in the babycarriage just the other day, and now they are running and playing and talking (with sometimes really funny remarks)...

---

@Wears, and you are still the heart of the community and our direct link to Thunt, as much as I perceive it... Happy to see you are still being awesome despite whatever corporeal hinderances occur. :)

Also dang, have I been spending too much time on Reddit and Facebook, I've been searching for the upvote/like buttons for at least 2 solid minutes... :D
aka LooksAndSmiles, or L&S for short.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:40 pm

Yep, she's growing like a weed. Only 9 years old but she is nearly level with my shoulder and I'm 5'7". :shock: I'm enjoying watching her grow up, but not necessarily the trials that go along with that. Plus, I miss my baby girl.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin