Newcomers Check-in!

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Re: Newb here

Post by Wolfie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:32 am

mystic575 wrote:I've written too many introductions. I try to stay away from forums, but then I'm drawn in and have to write an intro. Ugh.

Anyway, I'm Mystic. I'm female, by the way. No, I can't prove it. If you think I'm lying, all right. I like Pokemon. I like MTG. I like roleplaying. Anyone know where the rps are?
Girls on the internet is a myth we are desperately trying to prove. (I'm a girl too). Try the Games forum for any RPs. Welcome to the forums.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

willpell
Banned

Re: Newcomers Check-in!

Post by willpell » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:12 am

We all know intellectually that there are girls on the Internet somewhere...it's just that they keep disappearing right about the time we show up....
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:45 pm

Hey, kind of a newcomer here, I've been reading Goblins since almost the beginning, loved reading the forums for a long time also, just spontaneously decided to join the chat. Nice to meet you all!

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Happy to have you here. I like your avatar.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:33 pm

Thank you, I like your avatar too.
I'm no ordinary biscuit. Just look at my horns.

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:53 pm

By the way, is there anywhere I can go to read up on the abbreviations. I know a couple, like OC is original content (at least in my experience). But I don't know terms like OoC, OP, stuff like that, in regards to the gaming forums. I just joined pretty recently and wish to become a regular contributor in the games area but I'm not quite hip to the lingo yet. Help?

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:57 pm

Ooc is out of character
Op is original poster
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Ha, thanks. Seems so obvious now :P

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:16 am

Maybe you will find useful http://www.urbandictionary.com/

partial
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by partial » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Hello, I am completely new.
I've read and loved the comic for a while. Did a bit of lurking around the forum too, and decided to say Hi.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Hi back. We're all happy to have you here.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Hay everyone, Guess who ;)

So, Im back, or well, not really, but I have time to make a new account Im still on lurk mode, just made my account to say re-hay to everyone.

So hay...
Oh and. IÔÇÖll uploaded all my game at in the recourse forum in a sec.

See ya around... -LAYF.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Hey, long time no see. Welcome back! :)

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

hhh221
Remains Silent

Post by hhh221 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:31 pm

Hello. I'm new to the forums but I've been reading Goblins for a little while.

The forum I used to frequent has been dead for a while, and I figured I may want to get more vitamin crazy in my life.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:36 pm

You have come to the right place for that. :freaky: Yes you have. Welcome to the forum. :mustache:

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:12 am

Apparently this is a much more common thing that I had thought. I am a lurker who just decided to finally join.
Hello everyone...

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:30 am

Arydra wrote:Apparently this is a much more common thing that I had thought. I am a lurker who just decided to finally join.
Hello everyone...
Well without lurkers who become members, we wouldn't have such a diverse group of people to chat with and gain more opinions from.

Welcome to the Forum! Please watch out for ninja penguins, large dragons, men with mustaches, and the Cthulu type creatures that run around here.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:35 am

Arydra wrote:Apparently this is a much more common thing that I had thought.
I don't think it's that common. Maybe only if you need some postcount-dependent features and don't have anything to say on other topics.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:40 pm

Wolfie wrote:
Arydra wrote:Apparently this is a much more common thing that I had thought. I am a lurker who just decided to finally join.
Hello everyone...
Well without lurkers who become members, we wouldn't have such a diverse group of people to chat with and gain more opinions from.

Welcome to the Forum! Please watch out for ninja penguins, large dragons, men with mustaches, and the Cthulu type creatures that run around here.
edit: I was going to say, beware the bunny rabbit...and the mouse king...but mort hasn't used that avatar in ages...
Last edited by Quarg on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:23 pm

I introduced myself on this "temporary forum".
Again I'm newbie, my name is Borys, I'm from Poland, I started reading goblins a few months ago, comic's great, but I didn't like first part/chapter/book/however it is called.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:30 pm

welcome :) hope youÔÇÖll enjoy your stay... take a look around, there is lots of nice people here :)
-Best regards LAYF

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:39 pm

I have a stupid newbie question. On the old forum (I was lurker, or rather just a guy who was looking there, a few times) I saw thread with every issue and list of characters that were in them. And also thread with every character list of appearances. Is it all lost now?

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:49 pm

From what I have heard it isn't completely lost, but the last couple months were lost. I think Bird is remaking the list.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:56 pm

Oh, it would be great.
Also I forgot to ask: Is it any problem with me being 14?
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:58 pm

I don't think so, the law is 13. There might be another law in Poland regarding your age, but I don't know about that.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett