GAL: Quest 1 (Completed)

For all games that are now over.
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: GAL: Quest 1 (Turn 34)

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:55 am

As far as loot division goes, anyone mind if I call dibs on the rope?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL: Quest 1 (Turn 35)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:45 am

Turn 36

"alright now then lets all get together and launch and acid attack on those two skeletons!!!! Everyone grab a corner, we will open the top and then on three throw it!"
"Hey, gnomes? We're going to throw this acid at the skeletons. There may be some runoff. You'll probably want to go inside for a little while. And maybe, if you can, close the door. Just to be on the safe side."

"Oh gods they're at it again!"
"It's fine. They'll leave soon. They have to, there's nothing left here to destroy!"
"Except... well, except us!"
"...Oh."
"Yeah..."
"We should go inside now."

William and Mines unwrap the chest (Mines takes the rope) and heave it over on its side, spilling the acid all over the skeletons in a tidal wave of corrosive, burning fluid. It sloshes off the back wall and washes the skeletons are away and into the pool below! Unfortunately, some splash-back hurts Mines doing 2 DAM to him! William manages to withstand it though and gets away unscathed, which is considerably more than can be said for the ladder which falls off its rusty mountings and collapses below. The chest falls down the gap as well.

All in all, quite a lot of destruction is achieved.

While that's all going on, Walks takes the Belt of Fisticuffs from Odd and puts it on. It's not very subtle.

-----------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler
Stats & Loot [Items in red are currently equipped]
.[tabs: Odd Duck]
ATT: 2
DEF: 2
HP: 1/5

ITEMS:
Skull
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Leather Armour (+1 DEF)
Rat Corpse (x1)
Very Dangerous Dungeon Sign (requires 2 hands to carry)
Mysterious Map: Puzzling!

[tabs: Walks With The Wind]
DEF: 1
HP: 3/5

ITEMS:
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Vial of spider venom: Can be applied to weapons or added to potions.
Torch (extinguished): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
Rat Corpses (x2)
Skull
Borrowed Spear (+2 ATT): Venom has a chance to paralyse the enemy.
Small chest: Small and indestructible.
Belt of Fisticuffs: +1 ATT when unarmed.

[tabs: william]
HP: 3/5

ITEMS:
Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)
Shortbow (ranged)
Arrows (x4, +1 ATT)
Skull
Chainmail shirt: (+2 DEF)
High-quality animal pelts (x2): These look valuable.
Silver Cloak Pin: Forged in the shape of a wolf's head
Money pouch: Contains 40GP

[tabs: Mines Flagons]
HP: 2/5

ITEMS:
Torch (lit): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
Gnomish Rope: 50m long and very strong. Acid-proof for 10 turns, not flame retardant.[/tabs]

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:28 am

If you want to gI've me the spear I will return it. I wish we could have saved a box but the ladder is gone so.....

I guess loot the chest bring the empty small chest (I will take if no one else wants) and then lets get the beer and get out of here.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:21 pm

Oops.

Well, that was fun. Of a sort.

Yeah, let's see what's in the chest that the skeletons were guarding, take it, and go. I suppose we could retrieve one of the big chests with the rope (someone would have to climb down), but I'm not sure it's worth it.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:35 pm

William laughs..."I hadn't realized we were going to just wash them away...."

"Who is going to go help me pick up some beer?"

William will go up to the beer to get it...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:41 pm

Yeah.....about that.....

The beer takes two people to carry. And my epic sign takes two hands. So.....

Is there any way we can put the sign on top of the beer and carry both at the same time?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:48 pm

There are four of us. Two carry the beer. One carries the sign. One carries the chest.

► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:10 pm

i will carry sign then

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:49 pm

Am I right in guessing that you guys are basically done then? If so, just stick an "XX leaves the dungeon" or whatever in the end of your post after whatever final actions you want to take and I'll finish this one up over the weekend :)

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:17 pm

Well we need loot from the small chest and still need to divide loot.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:23 pm

Erm, no I don't mind if Mines gets the rope. It was your idea after all to get it, Wears.

I would like to:
*) loot the chest & content the skeletons were guarding. (I don't care who does it, we still need to distribute the loot, anyways.)
*) take as many indestructible chests with us as we can, additionally to the beer and the sign. (team effort)
*) give back the spear and try to ask the Troll chief to go easy on Rork, because without the spear, we couldn't have achieved what we have done. (That the spear was needed to free a gome and not to kill the spider is a little detail he doesn't need to know. ;) ) (Walks would be happy to do that, she borrowed the spear, after all.)
*) take Ralf with us, help him get up the ladder etc. wherever he NEEDS and WANTS help. (Walks would be happy to do that.)
*) apologize to the gnomes that remain here that we ruined the ladder. Offer help, if they want/need it. (Walks would be happy to do that, even if it wasn't her idea. Decency.)
*) light the torch for the way home. (Yay, light bearer. Not olympic, but still. :lol: )

After all that, I'm more than fine to go back to the GAL HQ. If you can/want to wrap that all up in 'one turn', that's fine by me.

Also, TL, you're a master artist. :thumbsup: I'm almost feeling bad for the skeletons looking all astonished and *poor* now that the acid gets them. And thanks for educating me before. =)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:07 pm

Works for me.

I'll tie the rope to the nearest wall sconce, drop the other end off the side, and, if it's clear of acid, climb down.

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:46 am

Re. Chests:
At the moment, you've pretty much got everything big you can carry (beer = 2 people; sign = 1 person; small chest = 1 person). If you want to take a big chest back it'll require two of you to carry each one. However, they are just bog-standard chests that appear everywhere in this realm and I am CERTAIN that Savage has a bunch of them in the GAL for you to use for storage :)

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:23 am

yes but are his nigh-indestructible and still covered with that musty dangerous-dungeon odor? I think not! :P

On a serious note: I wish I could help carry something. I just dont see how I can possibly leave the sign behind. It will be such an awesome decoration for the front of the Inn.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:55 am

William shakes his head..."Well we could put the beer inside a large chest and bring one back...but I'd prefer to have one nice and new from the factory with that fresh indestructible ceder smell"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:59 am

Well, okay. Leave the big chests, then. :shrug: Or not. Would you guys please make up your minds? :lol:

If no one else loots the small chest, Walks will have a look in there and take everything (not harmful to her) into her inventory.
If someone else does the looting of the small formerly guarded by skeletons chest, (or after doing that herself) Walks will tell the gnomes behind the door that they are safe from the acid now (as soon as this is true!) and apologize for wrecking the ladder and any other inconvenience we might have caused. Offer to attach a rope (they will have to provide, though) at the upper level until they can replace the ladder.
If she still can do something, move up and to the Troll Chief. Greet respectfully.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:08 am

I will go retrieve my sign.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:09 am

Okay, so if I'm reading things right, I can forget tying the rope and climbing down? And we've got enough people to loot the chest and take it. And I don't know if we're even capable of repairing the ladder. But hey, we killed the spider for them and left them with a pile of indestructible chests. And fixed their standoff with the trolls. I'd say they're better off, all things considered. Worth the price of a ladder, wouldn't you say?

So we can drop off the spear, put in a good word for Rork (though the chief already said he'd let Rork off if we brought the spear back), grab the loot, and get out of here.

► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:28 am

If somebody wants to give me the spear, I can do the returning and good wording thing on my way to get my sign.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:06 am

OK, I think I get the gist of what you guys want to do :) I'll write you guys a last turn / epilogue tonight or tomorrow. If any of you are keen to sign up to Badge's quest, feel free to do that any time. I have another quest ready to go, but I'll give myself a week off I think before I open it up to sign-ups :lol:

Oh, and so you can divvy your loot, you find an Amulet of Healing inside the little box. It will heal any character 1HP, but can only be used once per turn.

EDIT: Once the epilogue's up, I'm happy to open the floor to quest-related questions :)

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:47 am

OOH! I would like that amulet as I seem to get into trouble :P

But I dont know how we are voting/rolling/etc for loot division.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:50 am

It's up to you guys really - I prefer not to have anything to do with the selection process :)

Of course, there's always the risk of becoming The Official Healer and having to spend the rest of your adventuring life following everyone else around and patching them up while they do all the stupid reckless cool stuff...

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:57 am

well since I will be at the front of battle doing stupid stuff, I think it will come in handy.

But we need to decide how we will divide stuff.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:42 pm

Well we each get 10 gold....yeah...

Then we have one bow with four arrows (Lost one to the acid)
Chainmail shirt
High-quality animal pelts (x2): These look valuable.
Silver Cloak Pin: Forged in the shape of a wolf's head
Three pointy sticks
One amulet of Healing (Now I'm really glad we spent the time)
One Belt of Fistcuffs
Leather Armor
Vial of poison

So we have five offensive weapons
We have two means of increasing Def
We have one means of healing...
And we have supplies that were only sort of worth the trouble...(maybe we can buy something)
And one temporary attack bonus

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:18 pm

Well I would like the leather armor since I almost died getting it.

I would like get something else since I lost health (after the potion that healed me) on weakening the skeletons and the spider. My first choice would be the amulet of healing since I know I will get into trouble in future quests. My second choice would be the wolf head pin.

I would say the belt goes to gathers because of her using her healing potion to keep me alive.

Beyond that I would say everyone should get some kind of item or extra share of treasure for the effort they put forth on this. Quarq, will you take the lead and come up with a fair way of splitting stuff cuz someone needs to make a decision for the rest of the group to follow.