Post by kida » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:24 am

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 9

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:26 pm

Turn 9

"Are you awake? Who are you?"

Drinks tries to talk to the green guy, who staggers to his feet then hisses angrily and claws at Drinks, doing 2 DAM.

William retreats left and throws his cloak over the closest mushroom. It judders at the contact and releases another cloud of spores, which all get caught in the cloak. He now has Mystery Mushroom Spores.

Righteous hops (successfully) across the pool and drags the chest out of the goop. Opening it, he finds a vicious-looking black Dagger, with a blade resembling a scorpion's tail. It looks nasty.

"I'm not sure if any one answered my previous question about loot, i was sleeping after all, but i call Arrowbow (shotgun) on the ring on the skeleton."

Forges stays put and is promptly attacked by the swarm of rats. He swipes at one of the larger ones just as Walks appears with her bow. Together they are able to injure, but not kill one of the big rats. Forges is attacked by 3 small rats and one big one, and Walks by one of each. They both take 2 DAM from the attack!

-------------------
► Show Spoiler
INVENTORIES

.[tabs: Walks]

Stats:
ATT: 3 (axe) / 2 (bow)
DEF: 1
HP: 2/6

Items:
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Arrows (x3, +1 ATT)
  • Torch (extinguished): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
  • Vial of spider venom: Can be applied to weapons or added to potions.
  • Skull
  • Necklace (Set with 3 Sapphires) (+1 Hp)
  • Length of Rope
  • Healing Salve (+2d3 Hp)
  • Wolfskin Cloak: +1 DEF. Very fine quality, provides protection against the cold.
  • Knock-Back Axe: +2 ATT. Chance to knock an enemy prone (must spend a move to stand back up).
  • Ring of Unquenchable Thirst: Cursed Item (cannot be removed). The wearer must drink every turn.
[tabs: William]

Stats:
ATT: 3
DEF: 3
HP: 5/5

Items:
  • Chainmail shirt: (+2 DEF)
  • LongSword (+2 ATT)(2-handed)
  • Withering Touch
  • Ring of Water Form (Allows you to turn your body (and belongings) into water for 3 turns. (cool-down is 15 turns))
  • Wizards Robe (+1 Def vs. Magic), currently full of Mystery Mushroom Spores
  • Wand of Slumber: Will temporarily send one creature to sleep. Contains 3 charges (and will recharge automagically on return to the GAL)
[tabs: Righteous]

Stats:
ATT: 2
DEF: 2
HP: 4/5

Items:
  • Scorpion Blade: +2ATT, 25% chance to poison an enemy. 1H dagger.
  • Straight Razor (+1 Atk, 1H, 25% chance to cause Bleed(-1 Hp for 1 turn))
  • Battle Standard
  • 2-handed shield (+1 DEF)
  • Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down)
  • Cloak of Blood Banking - Can store 1HP in cloak. If wearer reaches 0HP, will restore you to 1HP
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)
  • 1 Length of rope
  • 1 Length of rope with a pirate hook on the end
[tabs: Drinks]

Stats:
HP: 3/5

Items:
  • Simple Axe (+1 ATT) (1-handed)
  • Spear (+1 ATT) (2-handed)
[tabs: Forges]

Stats:

Items:
  • Preserved Human Ear Necklace
  • Dashon's Blessing (+1 DEF)
  • A sharp looking Man-purse (backpack)
  • 3 important looking letters
  • "My first wand" wand
  • Red Potion (increases Hp by 1 point permanently)
  • 3 books of Evil Badness
  • Mace (+2 ATT)(1-handed)
  • Leather Jerkin (+1 DEF)
[/tabs].
Last edited by thinkslogically on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:07 pm

William will gather up his cloak of spores and take them back to the rat room to be released...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

kida
Gives Speeches

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 7

Post by kida » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:23 pm

Drinks
attacks green.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:33 pm

Quarg wrote:William will gather up his cloak of spores and take them back to the rat room to be released...
Since you are capable of doing all those things this turn (cloak collecting is just a minor action), are you actually going to release the spores or do you just want to move to the right?

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:45 pm

Righteous One will attack the green guy with a weapon in each hand. (scorpion blade and straight razor) He will try to draw attention off of Drinks by doing so.

Umm... I became brown and Drinks became Dances? Just noticing some minor mistakes, not a big deal as I figured out what you meant.

Drinks, thank you for the hook. As much as I like the new fishing line/grappling hook/etc, I'm assuming you want the hook back? I guess I can offer you the rope in thanks for the help.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:47 pm

thinkslogically wrote:
Quarg wrote:William will gather up his cloak of spores and take them back to the rat room to be released...
Since you are capable of doing all those things this turn (cloak collecting is just a minor action), are you actually going to release the spores or do you just want to move to the right?
We will release the spores if my fellow goblins can get out of the way of said spores...however hoping someone else will come with a bucket full of acid to assist in this endeavor...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:38 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:43 am

Man, minor mistakes everywhere in there. Should be fixed now, sorry about that. The damage was a typo, should have been 2 dam each from the rats, and walks was already hurt from falling in the pool.

Att scores from multiple enemies stack together to give one overall attack score and your def is counted once per turn rather than once per creature. It is balanced that way from my side but I can see why that could have caused confusion. No one's ever asked about that before!

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:11 am

@ GM is the cloak dry yet? Or will it even dry while in the inventory? If dry now, please equip it again. If handling it will hurt Walks leave it be.
Also, did we manage to do any damage to the rats at all?

Walks retreats to the other room, using her healing salve, leaving the rats to William and his spores. If she still can, she switches to the axe and attacks the hostile triangular guy.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:42 am

► Show Spoiler
Forges will move out of the way of William spore cloak if he can stay in the same screen (maybe towards the ladder side) to help draw away some attacks from William if it doesn't work, and attack any rat that is not effected my the spores if it does- (will go for small rats first now - as they should technically be easier to kill to reduce their total attack value.)

If i can drink the my +1hp potion as a free action i'll do that as well as I think this may hurt more than I first expected.
Last edited by Patdragon on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:00 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:37 pm

Turn 10

Walks moves back to the left and drinks her healing potion. It restores her to 6/6 HP! She checks on her cloak and finds that it is still wet, but drying off.

Righteous and Drinks both attack the green guy. The green guy attacks Righteous and does 1DAM, but the goblins' combined attack is more than enough to kill it.

Forges dives out of the rat-pile as William arrives with a cloak full of spores which he shakes out over the creatures. The effect is instantaneous, and the rats begin to attack at random! As one of the small rats dies, Forges drinks his health-increasing potion which brings him to 4/6HP.

-------------------
► Show Spoiler
INVENTORIES

Stats:
HP: 6/6

Items:
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Arrows (x3, +1 ATT)
  • Torch (extinguished): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
  • Skull
  • Length of Rope
  • Wolfskin Cloak: +1 DEF. Very fine quality, provides protection against the cold.
  • Knock-Back Axe: +2 ATT. Chance to knock an enemy prone (must spend a move to stand back up).
  • Ring of Unquenchable Thirst: Cursed Item (cannot be removed). The wearer must drink every turn.

Stats:

Items:
  • Withering Touch
  • Ring of Water Form (Allows you to turn your body (and belongings) into water for 3 turns. (cool-down is 15 turns))
  • Wand of Slumber: Will temporarily send one creature to sleep. Contains 3 charges (and will recharge automagically on return to the GAL)

Stats:
ATT: 4

Items:
  • Battle Standard
  • Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down)
  • Cloak of Blood Banking - Can store 1HP in cloak. If wearer reaches 0HP, will restore you to 1HP
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)
  • 1 Length of rope

Stats:

Items:

Stats:
HP: 4/6

Items:
  • "My first wand" wand
[/tabs].[/quote]

kida
Gives Speeches

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 7

Post by kida » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:00 pm

Drinks
checks if green has something on him.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 10

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:09 pm

2 Questions:
1) shouldn't my ring have activated against the green guy's attack?
2) since you do a cumulative attack, if I get attack by multiple guys in 1 turn, would it negate all the attacks or just 1?

RighteousOne will wrap his cloak around his face and then use his razor to try and carefully scrape spores off the mushrooms and into the chest.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:45 pm

@Chuck

1. I has assumed you needed to state you were going to equip the ring. Given the cool-down time on it, I thought you might prefer to have control of when it kicked in.
2. It would nullify the attack from 1 creature. However, given the way the game is balanced that would generally still give you a strong survival advantage since you'd keep your full DEF score for the remaining attacks.

If anyone else has equipment that doesn't have a clear mechanic (or that you got in a different quest and want to clarify), this seems like a good time!

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:38 pm

William wondering why Forges has jumped the rats rather than just stand beside him decides to let the rats become interested in killing each other for as long as possible and goes back into the first tunnel and uses his sword on the green menace."Hold on!" Calls William he will immediately go to the pond of foulness avoiding touching the mushrooms before pushing the chest down into the liquid, filling it, and then pulling it back out. He will close the lid and try to take it back to the rat room without getting any of the liquid on himself...
Last edited by Quarg on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:45 pm

Quarg wrote:William wondering why Forges has jumped the rats rather than just stand beside him decides to let the rats become interested in killing each other for as long as possible and goes back into the first tunnel and uses his sword on the green menace.
Green is dead, no need to use the sword on him

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:30 pm

Quarg wrote:he will immediately go to the pond of foulness avoiding touching the mushrooms before pushing the chest down into the liquid, filling it, and then pulling it back out. He will close the lid and try to take it back to the rat room without getting any of the liquid on himself...
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:RighteousOne will wrap his cloak around his face and then use his razor to try and carefully scrape spores off the mushrooms and into the chest.
Quarg I'd like to point out we have a conflict of actions. I'd gladly use something other than the chest, but I don't really have any other options for containers. With the rats taking themselves out I'm not sure drenching them in acid is necessary.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:07 pm

William will pull out his sword and back out of the room suggesting to his companion to go up the ladder...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:56 pm

Forges debates heading back for the ring, but decides it is wiser at this moment anyway to let them fight among themselves and climbs the ladder slowly so he can pop his head up and look at the next area.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:54 am

"Hey, Righteous One, would you mind standing still for a moment there and giving me a leg-up before possible stirring up more spores?" Walks asks Right to aid her get to the lowest ladder rung in this room. If she gets helped up, she'll tie the rope to the sturdiest looking rung and retrieve the arrow. If she still can do something else, she'll climb a bit higher and examine the centipede and/or the blue stuff stuck to the ceiling.

OOC: I really would prefer to be out of the area of effect of the spores before you start scraping. ;)

If no one helps Walks get to the ladder, she'll examine the blood puddle and stand ready with her axe, in case any of the rats follow William and tries to stay out of the radius of any more spore clouds.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 11

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:47 am

Turn 11

Drinks loots the green guy's corpse and finds that he is carrying four small pouches. One contains a few pinches of pale yellow mushroom spores, and three are empty.

Righteous uses his razor to carefully scrape some sleep spores out of the nearest mushroom and into the chest. They are a pale blue colour.

William leaves the rats to their confusion and back out of the room.

Walks stands ready next to William.

In the next room, Forges climbs the ladder and cautiously goes to see what's there. Hmmmm....

-----------------------------

INVENTORIES

Stats:
HP: 6/6

Items:
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Arrows (x3, +1 ATT)
  • Skull
  • Length of Rope

Stats:

Items:
  • Withering Touch

Stats:
ATT: 4

Items:
  • Battle Standard
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)
  • 1 Length of rope

Stats:

Items:
  • Empty pouch: x3
  • Pouch of mushroom spores

Stats:
HP: 4/6

Items:
  • "My first wand" wand
[/tabs].

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:08 pm

@GM May I just say I've loved the artwork the last few panels, my two weapon strike, Forges leap, my imitation of a vampire. Great stuff

@GM How far along am I with scraping? I want to harvest as much as possible (I have an idea for them) before moving on. so 1 mushroom? 1/2 a mushroom? Also my spores are blue but drinks are yellow. Are there noticeable differences between the mushrooms in front of us? I obviously notice one is a bit different color but I assumed that was just artistic license so they didn't all look exactly the same. But with the different color spores, and the different effect on the rats (noticeably from a different mushroom) I'm beginning to wonder. So some confirmation that they do or do not in fact look different to the naked goblin eye would be nice.

Though I will take a break since Gathers asked so nicely, even though I for some reason missed it until now (Sorry). RighteousOne will assist Walks (and anyone else up to the rungs. If necessary.

@Kida since these mushrooms seem to produce different spores I think I might not be able to use the chest for all of them without mixing them. Would you mind the use of a couple of those empty pouches?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:11 pm

Walks gladly accepts Right's aid to get the lowest ladder rung in this room. Once up there, she'll tie the rope to the sturdiest looking rung and retrieve the arrow. If she still can do something else, she'll climb a bit higher and examine the centipede and/or the blue stuff stuck to the ceiling.

OOC, @ Chuck: no biggie. Apparently I miss stuff all the time. XD Thanks for helping Walks. :thumbsup:
► Show Spoiler